Too poor to date?

After moving several times and being homeless for about a year, I can't even afford a cup of coffee or a burger. The town I'm stuck in is small and everything costs money. How the hell am I supposed to find someone to date when I can't even pay to go to places to meet women? I can't afford to even buy myself a meal, how am I supposed to interest anybody? I hate to say it, but most women are shallow and your wallet really does matter when it comes to attracting the opposite sex.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you tried applying for some of the grants that they offer to disabled vets to help them start their own businesses? That might be an option for you. Or maybe try meeting girls at parks, libraries, churches, volunteering, book stores, etc. There are lots of places where you can hang out for free and possibly meet a girl with your same interests. Thank you for your service, btw!

• Yes, I've tried all that to no avail. Civilians have very little idea of the challenges vets face when they return home, it's a bureaucratic nightmare that can take years. Even then, often you don't qualify for programs because of the specificity of the program. Never saw a decent looking girl enter a library, don't want any religious types, and bums scare all the females out of the local parks. Volunteering is an option, but it's another crapshoot.

• You're right about the nightmare part. Though I am a civilian, I have been married to a former service member for 17 years... he is now 80% disabled. And our family survived for years on my income alone before his benefits kicked in.
      So in some ways, I do get it. Not what you're going through or exactly where you've been; but at least a little of what you're facing. I hope you meet someone soon! At least know that you're not alone. A lot of people are walking the same road that you are... it's not an easy one, but hopefully it gets better for you.

• Thank you for the MHO. I hope you meet the right girl for you. It generally happens when we least expect it...

What Girls Said 7

• I think you need to get your own self together before you worry about something else. Money isn't everything, but it is important. Being able to handle your basic needs is much more important that hooking up.

Mature Girls are biologically geared to desire successful guys. A hot guy is genetically successful. A smart guy can be even more hot. A rich guy is hot too, because like the others he can provide for children. Once girls start figuring it out, they are drawn to stable guys who can provide for a family.

You also have to worry yourself, if your unable to manage your own life yet, the girl you get may not be a great match. You don't want to get dragged down with a loser bitch that ruins your life.

Start by working on yourself. I knew this fat dumpy loser in high school. He got his crap together and by the time he graduated he was dating the hottest girls in school. In 4 years he went from this greasy, nerdy guy, who didn't shower regularly, to a hot stud who felt bad about turning away several dates to the prom.

Get yourself together first. Get a plan. Get responsible. Get a job. Get some cash in the bank. The girls will show up like magic. Success attracts success... and desirable sexy girls seek out successful hard working guys who have their shit together.

The next time you see a hot chick with a rather plain guy, you can bet he is a good provider.

• Why not sell your laptop or smartphone then, or are you sending this question in via semaphore?

qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-733441067b466069d7f78145bf5fc908

• Laptop and tablet were stolen. Why would I sell my belongings on the off chance that I'd meet someone? Not worth it.

• not all women are only interested in money

• Strong personalities don't have to rely on money to get what they want. Find ways to make yourself happy, and peacock out what you are good at, chicks are always attracted to that kind of man. Netflix nights can be fun.

• i don't think its shallowness. historically, women have looked for men who can support them. women are able to support themselves financially now, but fear emasculating men for fully supporting them financially.
    my advice would be to try to find a job. even minimum wage. get yourself on your feet first and then worry about dating

• Disabled vet. I loathe the idea of reentering the civilian work force. Rather work for myself.

• Thanking me for my service is a slap in the face. I defended this country and when I get home, the bank has taken my family's home (twice), I don't qualify for my GI Bill (even though I paid for it), I don't get unemployment while I look for work, and am afforded little to no opportunity when I need it. I get addicted to drugs and alcohol, suddenly I qualify for everything, which I am unwilling to do. I have been off and on homeless since I left the service, only in the last 6 months have I had stable housing after a drawn out process qualifying for Section 8 housing. Don't thank me for my service, it wasn't worth this.

• i'm sorry the system is so broken.

• It's not a must to be rich of course. But I suggest that you let her know soon enough about your situation that she'll know that you're not doing this because of greed. And ensure her that you're looking for jobs already etc so that she'll see that you do have a future

• I'm a disabled vet. I already did all that "future" bs and don't care about reentering a broken work force full of potatoes that didn't pay attention in highschool/community college.

• I don't care about money, but it looks like you need to get your life together first before dating

• You do care about money. Look at what your saying, it does matter. It doesn't matter that I have an apartment and the basics taken care of now, they only see that you can't afford to take them out for a nice meal.

• getting a girlfriend*

• It's a slow process that takes time. If nobody is willing to see me through it, I guess I'll do it alone.