What are your thoughts about being single?

What are your thoughts and feelings on being single? Do you find it hard to be single? Do you crave a relationship? Do you feel empty and sad when all your friends have boyfriends/girlfriends, finances, and husband/wife?

I am a very happy person and can totally have fun with my friends but it does get to me about being single. I want to be in a relationship. I am 29 years old and don't want to go through my life single anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are times where I enjoy being single because I don't have to listen to all the woman drama going you girls bring. Buuut there are times where I just want to shove my dong into a tight muff burger and bury my face in some big ole sweater cows. As with anything in life, there are pros and cons.

What Guys Said 9

• It depends if the person is single by choice or single by force. Myself, I have always wanted a relationship and marriage since I can remember, but after having a few realtionships nothing has worked out. I am currently single NOT by choice and it sucks!

• Not single by choice. I have not had any relationships ever. The guys that I did have crushes on and talk to though they usually had girlfriends they always where good guys and nice to me. So I have no bad experiences with being rejected or taken advantage of or anything like that.

• Yea not single by choice sucks :(

• agree!

• to me its simple, easy. there is less to worry about, and having less to worry about mean less stress, generally.

I want all that lovey dovey mushy shit eventually, but right now im just chillin :D

• It sucks being single even if i had a girl to date to dinner and movie
    it would be enough to make me happy.. It's not easy being single
    spending holidays lonely, no one to cuddle, no one to kiss, no one
    to hold..

• I've been single all my life too, When I was a teenager I chose it but now as I get older and older I think more about getting into relationships. I'm not quite at 29 yet but I want most of my life to be established when I reach that age.

I can relate to your struggle and I'm sorry you feel so lonely at your age. I think 29-year old women are really mature and beautiful and I hope you find that right man for you that will treat you right after you've waited so long.

• Being single is better than being ina bad relationship, bad relations and bad marriages make me lose my hopes about a nice marriage in my life; how can i hope a great marriage when i see many bad/unhappy marriages and bad relations? That's why i believe everyone must learn how to be happy alone, i think like you, i want to be in a relationship but it must be good, if i can't get a nice relation? :)

• On being single huh? Well I know everyone i know says you don't need a significant other, but I think I'd feel more complete being with a girlfriend

• To be frank it's a bitch.

• i love it, wouldn't have it any other way

• I've been happily single since H. S., hung out and talked to and flirted plenty since then, but I've been trying to get my life together. Lately I've been kinda feeling the same way at times, but I don't think I'm ready quite yet ha!

What Girls Said 6

• Sadly I do crave a relationship, but not to the point where I'd date just anybody... And that is why I'm still single lol

• I haven't been single for years until recently and I'm dealing with it. It's made me realise that I'm happier and do better when in a relationship. I don't feel empty or get sad if I see a couple, it reminds me of all the shit things guys have done to me and it makes me feel slightly relieved that I'm not being put through that pain and drama again. Maybe when it does make me feel sad, I'll know I'm ready for a relationship.

• Honestly I'm 23 and never had a boyfriend
    I've only dated guys and I've become disappointed and heart broken but it's worth it. Because here I am 23 years old and single and I know what i want and what I don't want in a man.
    Being single isn't lonely , I'm happy with myself and I'm glad ! I dumped a guy yesterday because he only wanted to use my body and I'm more worth than that.. I deserve love and respect.. so being single teaches you what you want and what you don't want

• You need to learn to be alone first before you can be with someone else

• Great :) not a lot of women are and therfore they chose men who are bad for them

• Yes, you are right. I know the type of type of guy I want and I know what I deserve and how I should be treated. So it just a matter of finding a guy that is close to what I am looking for because I know I will not find that "specific" guy.

• I like it. Except for times like right now when I'm feeling stressed and sad and just want to curl up in someone's arms to feel protected and centered for an hour or so.

Otherwise it's amazing.

• When I was single I felt lonely and kinda depressed. Yeah, I'm 14 and? I can still want to be in a relationship.

• 0|0
    • You are also 15. I am 29. I liked being single at 15 too. I have a different mindset then you.

• It wasn't for you. But it was for the two people who disagree with me.

• Oh, I see what you are saying. LOL. Sorry. Those people might be older than me. Might be from a different country. Might have different thoughts and opinions on it.