I had my first kiss yesterday and didn't feel that "spark"?

Yesterday I had my first kiss with my boyfriend. I kind of knew it was going to happen. I was so nervous for the kiss that when it happened I felt nothing but lips, I didn't get the spark though. I really like this guy. Whenever he touches me I get butterflies and when he's not with me I get a physical stomachache. Why didn't I feel the spark?

Most Helpful Guy

• Get some plastic shoes and rub your feet on the carpet and build up a big static electric charge... then kiss him and I guarantee a big spark. I guess that's not the sort of spark you are looking for, but more seriously, you were probably too excited and nervous. Was it just one kiss? Was it short and over too quickly? Don't be looking for a 'spark' moment. Just enjoy his company and don't let it trouble you. It takes time to get used to each other. Don't base you relationship on a spark or lack of one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you just need to give it more time and try again! Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Likely you did have some expectations from what your first kiss should feel like and like with most expectations it's seldom reality. We often fantasize about things only to find out it's not how we pictured it to be. Obviously kissing should feel good with the right guy but I really think you just need to give this time and practice.

What Guys Said 4

• You might not feel that spark to your age 25-30 your young with plenty of time , i didn't get my first kiss to age 28 and she was age 21 .

• Cause your were nervous or because it was your first kiss?

• "The spark" just your romanticisation. Maybe this would help.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1618163-my-first-kiss-wasn-t-that-great-what-do-i-do

• Spark is nothing. People just build up this idea so much in their minds and get disappointed when it's not there

What Girls Said 5

• The spark means nothing during a kiss.

You like him so go with that feeling.

Perhaps you didn't enjoy the kiss very much but that's what practicing together is for.

• I love my Boo ultimately, but when i got my first kiss from him, i didn't feel that spark I've always heard about either. I was like, "hold up.. i KNOW i love this man, but why didn't i get that spark?" U can bet i was highly disappointed and i too second guessed myself and my relationship.
    But hey, the way i see it, practice makes perfect. And i won't compare my sex life/expectations from any of the romantic books I've ever rrad about anymore. I'm just going to do me.. and my man 😉😉😉😁

• Because maybe he's just not that great for you... Or maybe you don't really have developed feelings for him - anything close to love.
    If I don't feel it I know the guy is not for me.

• Maybe he chose the wrong moment and you were too anxious. You should try again when you're more relaxed and if you really love him you should feel something.

• "The spark" is a thing created by disney and romantic movies, don't set your hopes up for it - especially not when kissing.