Why do guys in high school ignore the smart girl?

My family struggles a lot finacially so I put my everything into everything I do so one day me or my future family won't have to struggle or eveey have to worry about where their next meal's going to come from like I do as a teenager. With that said I try my hardest to get good grade so I can be accepted in to college to go into pediatrics but it seems like if you actually try to do well in school no guy EVER wants to talk to you. Why? Thats all I want to know.. why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I went after the smart girl. "This isn't gonna work out because I am moving to go to college." is how that ended. Apparently I'm not the only guy this has happened to. It also happened to Mordecai on regular show. So why should a guy go after a girl who is going to put her education/career first and inevitably dump him? Dumber girls make better girlfriends in my experience, they are more loyal and less bitchy. Sorry if that sounds like I'm writing off all smart girls, I'm not, but I'm just pointing out the problem us guys have with y'all.

• Personally I'm very laid back so I don't get mad easily or bitch much at all. I think has to do with the other persons personality because there are some girls who think they are way better than someone and uses her intelligence against people. And as for the loyal part I can't say that's true at all

• you just dealt with the wrong one (s) lol thats al

• Well they were definitely the wrong ones but it was not an isolated incident, I am speaking in general. More educated women are way more likely to cheat from what I've seen. Simple minded women are more content.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me let you in on a little secret...90% of guys in high school don't really value intelligence in a girl as long as she's attractive to them and is kind.

Make some guy friends and have some fun! It’s awesome that your focused on your future (trust me, your on the right path ). But if you want guy to approach you, be approachable by going to them or putting yourself in situations where you can talk to them.

Also never ever do something your not comfortable with just for a their attention. And there's no shame in being smart :D Own it girl!

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe they are threatened or intimidated by how smart they are. Most guys in highschool wants something easy, predictable, easy to manipulate and so forth

• Intelligence in a woman doesn't matter to us, maybe you're one of those girls who has something to prove, and guys usually stay away from girls who have something to prove.
    maybe not, maybe you're blaming intelligence and it could just be that you are not attractive to them physically.
    Maybe they just don't like attractive girls.
    But in 7 times out of 10 if they had a choice between an attractive smart girl and an attractive dumb girl. then they will choose the pretty dumb girl.

• you have goals beyond their reach.

• its just how it is.

• Well guys talk to all girls smart or stupid given that they like their looks

What Girls Said 3

• It's a fortunate occurrence masked as an unfortunate reality. :) Take it from someone who has been there and done that. The truth about life is that the more guys you expose your psyche, heart, and spirit to, the more likely you are to grow justifiably bitter, jaded, and untrusting. The girls who constantly date and get into relationships in high school tend to be the woman who's lives revolve around internal unsatisfaction due to constant romantic disappointment or birth children who's father's may be absent, unproductive, or inadequate. Besides, those guys are still premature and mentally undeveloped. They don't have what it takes to be the type of presence that will surely attribute to your success mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically, and more. They are still boys.

It is wise for young girls and women to intensely focus on their passions and goals and not pause or derail from them unless a truly special, golden hearted MAN comes along.

• because the smart girl isn't usually the one theyre after, unless she's incredibly gorgeous AND rebellious.

doesn't sound like a common combination huh?

• Well... I do really well in school and there are few guys who don't talk to me. Just play as hard as you work? (As in, make sure you still know how to have a good time)(I can't stop making this sound perverted, I know you know what I mean)