Would you ever date a hippie girl/guy?

I recently met a hippie girl in a college class. She was alright. Good-looking but not sure if about how she is quite the right girl for me yet since I barely just met her. I won't mind dating her as long as she's not one of those typical extreme hippies who impose anti-military/war, veganism or marijuana on me and still respects my views and accepts me for who I am.

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends

Most Helpful Girl

• when I think hippie/hipster (same shit) I think dirty, drug addled, promiscuous (which I'm not against, but would never date), pretentious, bullshitter (living off their parents and/or the system) who eventually dies of an overdose, bringing down as many others with them along the way as possible, or suddenly stops "caring" about anything the moment their parents threaten to cut them off and completely sells out and becomes a yuppie.

no. I'll pass.

• Hippies smoke pot, because it's all natural from the earth. Hippies don't use harder drugs that they can overdose on. Hippies are also not promiscuous, they find partners just like anyone else in this world. They also are not dirty, they just don't like chemicals and thus don't use the regular deodorants that most people use. They don't live off their parents, they have regular jobs, they just tend to not be for McDonald's or big corporations, but yes, they become doctors and nurses. Maybe they can be pretentious and assholes, but so can any other type of person.

Until you actually meet a nice 'hippie' person ( not a street person) try not to be so judgmental. Anyone can have bad shit to say about rich people, blondes, a person of a different race, rednecks, etc. if they want, doesn't mean you have to. One of the great thing about being human is we are all diversely different, and there is a beauty in that.

• carbs are fine. most are actually quite good for you. it's the fructose and starchy carbs that are unhealthy. @misslirpa

• Sorry, I meant not getting enough carbs!

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, I'd assume she does drugs, doesn't bathe frequently, is excessively argumentative/gets offended easily and has slept around.

Yes, I realize those are assumptions and aren't true in all cases but I really don't care. I can refuse to date someone for whatever reasons I see fit ☺

so yeah, no hippies for me.

What Girls Said 13

• "Hippie" nowadays is mostly just a term to discribe a style of people. Tie dye, dreadlocks, clothing made of natural fibers, etc. People who are into yoga, organic foods, meditation, etc. Lovers and followers of peace and community over war and segregation.

A common confusion with hippies is street people, travelers, or homeless people.

It seems a lot of people are confused... Hippies and hipsters are almost completely opposite for example.

• OMG YES! ❤ I loveee hippies

• If I get along with them and they're my type I don't see why not. I imagine it to be quite a lot of fun actually ^^ we could travel to Bali together to do yoga at a temple or do a Europe trip with the hippie bus!

• I would marry a hippie.

• Nope...
    ,

• Sounds like the 50s

• Nope, only because we would not have much in common.

• I have a male hippie friend who is pretty cool and respects different points of views to a point.

• As long as they're open minded & won't impose they're beliefs on me as you said.

• Yes, I do 2/3 of the things you mentioned already.

• I had a hippie phase not to long ago... funniest memories ever. I would maybe but I don't know

• *singing* oh hell nooooo

• Whats wrong being anti-military/war? I love hippies, they are nice.

• The problem is not them disagreeing with war. The real problem is how they show utter disrespect towards our military service members and veterans (especially during Vietnam).

• They can disagree agree with war all they want but the least they should do is at least show some respect and appreciation towards the military veterans.

What Guys Said 21

• I hope this works, but that's how I feel.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80457600/

• What's a Hippy Girl? Frankly that term means different things to different people.

A girl who wears tie-dye? No problem.

A girl who doesn't shave her legs or pits? BIG problem.

Or is it a girl with a politically infantile view of the world who believes that if we are just nice to everyone - everyone will be nice to us back? BIG problem.

Then again... if she's HOT... well...

• Hippies are cool... i won't mind.

• I lived by SF. like 80% of all females there have some hippieness buried in there. Lol. They are all vegans/vegetarians for example lol.

• Considering the stereotype about them being lazy druggies... nope I'll pass.

• Not into those kind of girls, but if she's hot i will spend a little time with them

• I've tried but there are too many radical posers out there. I'm looking for someone with no social media contact and focus their lives on art and music, not just in it for the scene. I can't even go to festivals anymore because of all the people playing the part that don't actually belong there.

• As long as she practiced good hygiene and didn't talk shit about the military, her being a hippy wouldn't bother me.

• Same here. I have an uncle who was once drafted in the US Army during Vietnam and was treated like shit by the hippies (being pelted with rocks). He ended up growing a passionate hatred for them since then and if I ever do date this hippie girl, I'd probably keep her away from him for the sake of her not getting hurt (by my PTSD'ed uncle).

• hell yeah, i would :D i find that mentality somewhat beautiful. maybe even if she was the "extreme" type,

• What if you still enjoying eating your meat meal and she judges you for it? I love animals and everything but we still have to eat something.

• i love eating meat and i would probably still keep eating it if she´s not there but i could go vegan if she´s around. i´ve allready experimenting a lot and i can actually cook a lot of stuff that´s really tasty and doesn´t need animal products.

• No I'll pass.

• Why the hell not?

• Oh my goodness, no.

• Maybe. I wouldn't say no for sure.

• Hell no...

• Hippie girl is good in the face... but the dreadlocks I don't know Think I would like her natural hair better. There are natural shampoos and conditioners nowadays! :)

• No I hate hippies.

• I probably would yeah.

• No, they're complete weirdos

• Yeah, why not?
    As long as the house doesn't smell like marijuana 24/7.

• I'm too desperate to be choosy.

• As long as the bathe regularly and shave their legs and arm pits.