Would dating someone out of your league make you feel insecure in the relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't think so. Because if she's dating me, then she must truly like. That doesn't mean she really does. But then again, who would waste their own time dating someone that they don't like?

• Thank you very much for MHGO.

• You may think that they won't cheat, like they couldn't even if they tried.
      If you have money, it gives a certain security to the other. Yes, it's important if the other is having difficulties.
      You expect them to be grateful to you, when you aknowledge you are superior, which leads to the original question.

In an ideal world, these questions wouldn't exist. But we know better than that

• @mikemx55 I'm not saying she wouldn't cheat. But if she was dating me, it's not likely that she would.

What Girls Said 34

• Someone being "out of your league" is merely a negative mindset that people hold because of their own insecurities getting in the way of them seeing their own charms and attractiveness that obviously drew in their partner to them in the first place.

• No one is out of anyone's league.
    I'd date anyone who wants to date me and I will always feel secure about myself

• Seems this is a sad commonly held male anxiety that women are simply waiting to trade them in for a better model. I'll get rid of someone for being a douche and stay alone than to jump to another guy.

• No... I wouldn't have that bad mind set!

• no, it would make me feel more secure that i have something to offer that HE wants.

• There is always going to be someone smarter, or better looking then you. If you waste your time worrying about things you can't control, you will be a mess. Just enjoy the fact that a beautiful and intelligent woman is interested in you, because of your unique qualities.

• I don't believe in leagues. No person is above or beneath another. That is just made-up crap to make some people feel superior to others. This "league" b. s. has caused many issues in society. People need to get over themselves and those who feel beneath others need to realize their real worth.

• Not really, unless he would put me down a lot. I've dated a guy who had a considerable amount of money but was humble and wouldn't flaunt it. I've also dated a guy who was a teacher at a university... I felt he was out of my league because of job status, and I was still working towards my degree.

• Honestly, it would make me feel insecure, because I'd wonder if he could do better than me... and I'm a natural over-thinker and very sensitive too.

• You shouldn't be feeling insecure at all! I know it happens but you can be the most horrible looking person but the way you carry yourself will make you mind blowing. The way you are will make anyone stay , looks is just a plus. Just never let your partner see your insecurities, because that becomes a problem

• Sure we all have our insecurities. I know millions and millions of women are better looking than me that's why I bring more than my looks to the table.

• I was insecure as fuck when my boyfriend and I lived like two hours apart because girls were always hitting him up. Now that we live together I'm like hey look at guy👈👈

• Well, certainly more insecure than if I was with someone in my league.

• No. I would only feel insecure if he gave me an actual reason to. I. e. acting shady, not treating me well, not giving me attention etc.

• Well, I wouldn't date someone I don't find attractive. Since most of the time I don't find myself attractive, I would place anyone I DO find attractive "out of my league. "

So basically any guy I date is one I'd consider out of my league. As you can see, I'm already insecure, so yeah I'm sure I'd be insecure about that as well.

• There's no such thing as "leagues", so no.

• I'd be flattered at first but once in a relationship, I'd only feel insecure with someone if they tried to make me feel insecure. In that case it wouldn't be a good relationship. "League" wouldn't have anything to do with that.

• I would never date someone who made me feel I was out of their league.

• Probably in the beginning when you're uncertain how serious the other's intention is, which are there even if they're in the same league or below you.. as in do they really like you or do they just like showing you off as arm candy?

• absolutely! j would feel like I'd have to measure up to their level each and everyday and even then I wouldn't feel good about mysekf

• I'm dating a model and I don't care, I know I'm short lol

• Maybe a little bit. I'm technically out of his league. He's about an inch to an inch & a half shorter, & I'm getting over that because I love him.

• Oh god Yea

• I would because I wonder if he can do better Why isn't he?

• I would never feel insecure. I always aim for the best looking guy, why? Because, I know I'm hot stuff too Lol.

• Its based on who she's are dating if he's supportive and remind her everyday that he love her, then she would still feel insured from time to time but the moment he remind her that she's the one then the thought will probably go away.

• to be honest it would.

• Obviously they're in my league If I'm dating them

• yeahhhh but i dont date anyways sooo...

• not sure. haven't dated anyone ever lol

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 38

• There is NO SUCH THING as OUT of your LEAGUE. Or league at all, no one person is better than another nor worse. Everybody eats shits and dies.
    ex: Pick any celebrity that you see that media exploits. When they are on top of the world. They seem untouchable (or at least you may think that) you may feel they are out of your league. However a few years later they are non existent or irrelevant making them more available for an everyday people to approach and hook up. Where did the league go if there was such a thing. I realize this is a very poor example but you catch my drift. STOP BEING SCARED OF PEOPLE. Walking around WITH A DAMN fake ass league meter.

• There is no such thing as "dating someone out of [one's] league. At least in modern times. It's perhaps one of the most grotesque and baseless coinages that bears no relevance today.

Do we currently live in a stratified and hierarchical society that promotes interaction amongst people within a homogenous group, and discourages interaction between people of different social groups?

By the way on what parameters is the so-called "league" defined? Who decides the ranking? Who decides the "league" I or you belong in? You? Me?

• I dont think any woman is out of my league, except maybe downward, and Im used to that. may sound arrogant, but Im a first world guy living long term in the third world, so I see a lot of social primitiveness due to my own more vast experiences etc.

and Im not looking for a rocket scientist, just a decent woman. but Im intelligent enough to take on the rocket scientist and make her insecure. so maybe the third world woman is a better idea. what she doesn't understand is unlikely to bother her much.

• Not really, but why would a girl who is out of my league, even choose me over guys who are in her league? Ain't gonna happen! :P

• Out of ones' league isn't accurate, it's more like the person has a certain standard, or ideals about what their partner would be, and the other person doesn't meet that, or they at least feel like they don't. So it's not actually the reality, but rather just in their mind. Some exceptions of course, as always.
    I would like to say (relevant to some extent), that just because someones' appearance doesn't leave you drooling when you first see them, doesn't mean you could not love them with time.

• It would a bit, and it doesn't help that I over think and worry about everything which wouldn't make it any better. And it would make me think what they see in me that they don't see in someone else who is in their league...

• No because I believe there is no such things as leagues - When you date someone, you are together for a reason, she found you attractive and wanted to go out with you, simple as.

• @KDA20 I never read peoples comment before answering and it is either our old age, experience, or crazy coincidence that we post very similarly and seemingly as if I am following. lol I assure you I am not.
      However with that said great comment, lol.

• Nah because I don't believe anyone is out of my league. If a woman likes me then she likes me so what's the point of being insecure? I'd be thankful that she likes me and enjoys my company.

• Not if - and when - you trust the other person fully.

I was once asked out by someone out of my league (back in school). I wasn't sure why: was she really serious, or was it just some sort of joke at my expense?

(In that particular case, two days later I heard her telling her friend how desperate she was to meet somebody else, which got rid of any doubts there. Then a week later, a friend told me she'd been really upset about me dumping her...)

• I don't consider any woman out of my league because that is just a self-defeating attitude.

• . . . and for every beautiful girl walking down the street, there's a guy somewhere who got tired of putting up with her shit! Just because she's pretty doesn't mean she's a good catch.

• I wouldn't date someone who's much better off than I am, financially and socially.
    I've known rich girls and even girls with a noble name but I even avoided them as friends. I'd certainly not date one.

• I don't think I could get a hot girlfriend but a hot girlfriend ain't the goal, a good girlfriend is the goal. If I did get a hot girlfriend I'd be all yayyy though lol

• Probably. I'd feel like she was settling for me because she couldn't get one of the guys in her own league.

• Nope because I don't consider someone out of my league. Question is are we a match? Saying someone is out of my league is defeatist.

For example, I'm more likely to go for a hot girl into Mastodon as opposed to a hot girl who isn't into them. Not that a girl liking Mastodon is a requirement lol but a huge plus. But the bottom line is, you gotta have some stuff in common beyond physical attraction

• Not any more insecure than i already am. its not like a hot girlfriend is anymore likely to cheat on me than an ugly girlfriend.

• I've dated someone like this and felt that way. It got to a point where I was like 'I can't let this go any further', didn't put in much effort anymore and she lost interest

• Me dating them = they're in my league.

• I don't believe in leagues...

• Nooooo one is out of my league.
    Except famous celebrities I guess lol

• I don't believe in leagues.

• Dating someone period makes me feel insecure in the relationship. Of course it happened only once, but i can easily tell it will happen again if i ever get the chance of dating someone again.

My biggest issue to work on.

• I'd feel she could do better. But what do I know about dating?

• I would be concerned that she's just settling for me.

• Nope! I captured the perfect pokémon

• I'm actually only attracted to girls 'out of my league'

• I don't believe in leagues

• No, it would make me more confident as I would have captured a real gem.

• What exactly determines if someone is out of your league? Would you think its more opinionated on whether or not somebody is out of their league? Is it based on appearance, intelligence, personality, status etc?

• If you consider someone out of your league, you're already insecure.

• Not necessarily, might also make me feel good about myself.

• More from Guys
    8