Meeting parents after one month of dating, is that too soon?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not. Different families have different dynamics. It doesn't always automatically mean a lifetime commitment, some moms and dads believe if s/he's happy, they're happy and more people who care for you is better than fewer.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should put a time frame to it, I met my fiancĂ©'s family right before our 3rd date and everything has gone completely fine. Meeting his parents shows that he's serious about you and if that's what you want and like where you guys are heading then you should just go with it. :)

What Guys Said 8

• not too soon in my opinion. it all depends on the relationship. if you guys are really close and see the relationship going on for a while then it's definitely time to meet the parents

i met my wife's sister on our 3rd date. probably met her family about 2 weeks later. i think she met my family soon after that. if the relationship isn't serious or doesn't look to get serious then yeah maybe you don't want to meet them

• I love how you got downvoted even though you basically proved that it wasn't too soon.

• haha yeah. guess i should have railed against meeting the parents

• I've only ever been on a single one night stand.
    I met her mother before her daughter and I had even had sex.
    By that standard, waiting for one month to introduce an actual boyfriend, seems completely reasonable.

• Yeah, too soon. It's only a month. Too early and not serious enough yet for that.

• Very much so

• Relatively speaking , yes it is. What should bother you more though is the fact that you are going to meet his parents & not if it is too soon.

• My ex met my parents on our second date. It wasn't planned.

• Id say it's kinda late. I try to meet her parents and have her meet mine when we start dating. Her parents should know who her daughter is always running off with and my parents should know who I am always running off with

• if it's working out so why not

What Girls Said 15

• That's how soon I met my boyfriend's parents, having dinner at his place after we'd been together just one month. I thought it was crazy and way too soon. However, it could be that for your case, they're just much more casual about meeting their son's girlfriend. There doesn't always need to be a formal introduction right? It's not like anything is set in stone just yet.

You could be over within a week so think of it as more of a 'hi, nice to meet you' versus anything too fancy and overly meaningful.

• If your relationship is actually a relationship, why not? I don't get all this apprehension. Whatever. On planet earth, parents are not actually sitting there with loaded shotguns, yo.

If you're just fucking around, I can't imagine this would ever come up.

• Not too soon!

• I agree with the others and say yes. I would wait until I know it is serious for sure.

• I don't think so. I met my boyfriend's parents after our third date. I didn't think it was too soon. I don't know why people worry about when they should meet the family. When you do it isn't that big a deal. At least, I don't think it is.

• It is not too early because your parents probably know that you are dating someone, but think that your bf/gf is a stranger. Your parents definitely want to meet your bf/gf so that they don't think that this person is a random creep. They'll adjust better.

• yeah, that's soon

• Way too soon. This is why I like to date guys who are needy. I hate to do lunch, meet the parents, go steady. All that crap almost immediately. I don't have a boyfriend because of the that

• Depends on your feelings. I met my ex boyfriends parents after like a week of dating. I was dead shy but they were so good to me

• yes, i think so. y'all can be over in like a week.

• Actually think that's late... that's just me though

• Yikes way too soon for me

• Not really tbh.

• Yeah too soon

• I don't really think so, I think it's good to meet parents because if they live at home or if they're visiting their parents or something and you're around you're going to meet them anyway. Some people find meeting their SO's parents nerve wracking so I feel it's good to get over that hump quickly and get it over with too.