My parents won't let me cuddle with my girlfriend?

i'll be 18 in 8 months and my girlfriend is 15. My parents won't let my girlfriend and I cuddle downstairs under a SECURITY CAMERA while watching a movie. This includes spooning, lap sitting, touching legs and others. The only accepted physical contact is holding hands.

So this led us to watching movies in my room with the door shut. You can imagine my parents horror when they walked in to find her with her head on my shoulder and one leg over me. Is this extreme? What do I tell my parents?

• Yes. Cuddling is immoral!
  • No. It's just a little physical contact.
  • I see both sides here.
  • Not sure.
So I basically told my parents that they were over reacting and to trust my judgement more. They agreed.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the girl is a little young though to be with a 18 year old just try to explain to your parents. Your grown up now your an adult

• We met a year ago when she was a freshman and I was a junior. So this is the biggest age gap I was ever willing to go for. It hasn't been easy. But thank you for the opinion. 😊

• Hopefully everything turns out good

Most Helpful Guy

• Parents are conscious sometimes but don't worry they'll be comfortable someday so just wait for awhile and you both are still young :P

What Girls Said 8

• I'm an adult and I'm sure my parents would still freak out if I cuddled with a guy... it's a parent thing I think. But yeah it's kinda unreasonable especially if you're in a public area of the house like the living room

• I get not letting you spoon, but her having her legs on you? That's just unfair.

• i think ur younger than u think u r.

• Yes. Cuddling is immoral! hahaha

• Sounds like they are religious.

• Nope. Both are anti religion actually.

• Some parents are very strict about that kind of stuff, and they probably don't want one thing leading to another and her ending up pregnant. If she will still be 15 by the time you are 18, that could be considered statutory rape.

• Well since we're in the living room on the couch with usually one or more adult in the room while being filmed by a security cam I guess I didn't think it would lead to sex. Lol

• Yeah, you're right. I don't really know, haha.

• When does she turn 16? I'd say the age difference is a little weird.

• It definitely has been weird. I'm a junior and she's a freshman. That's how we met but she looks a lot older. But It's been one of our biggest challenges.

• just go to her house hahahah or somewhere else

What Guys Said 11

• My concern would be the legal ramifications. Age of consent laws can be pretty dramatic. I would do my best to separate the two of you until the both of you are over that age. The camera, though extreme, is probably smart as they can prove that nothing happened between the two of you, because if she claimed that anything did, you would be hard pressed to prove your innocence.

• I understand. Her parents said no dating for her till she was 16. But because they knew what kind of guy I am they agreed, and I was 16. Since we did start dating when she was younger, I promised her parents that we would take it very slowly. But she'll be 16 soon and then I imagine we'll be okay to at least do more than hold hands lol.

• Exactly.

• I don't know what to say but watching over you like that is certainly not a good thing.

• i dont think what your doing is wrong i think it is completely normal. i think your parents are like mine but are certainly more extreme. make sure u go far far far away for college. my recommendations are do what your parents ask but stay out of the house as much as possible.

theyre prolly worried cuz your dating a minor, so as you are too its fine. but i think their concerns are warranted but i think theyre over doing it.

trust me you can't talk to them about it. hmm lets see have you ever heard this before "its final" yeah dont try its final. just try to be as independent as you possibly can be so they feel more natural giving you space then abuse that space but dont get caught.

• They might be concerned about the legality of it. I'm not sure what the law is in your country but in mine if you have sex under 16 the over 18 guy could get severely punished and even jailed for it.

• In my area the age of consent is 16.

• Then your parents are probably just making sure there are no temptations.

• Your parents are probably worried about the legal issues that may occur.

Your girlfriend's parents are worried about you getting her pregnant.

• Her parents are fine with it. It's just mine.

• If you've been to first base and she's 15, they may fear you'll round second which may likely break a law. And don't rule out the possibility that they aren't monitoring the camera and not knowing what is going on between you two.

• Since you are still in your parent's house, you have to respect and keep the rules.

• I hope you go to jail for trolling.

• Probably just don't want you written up for a stat rape charge.

• We've been dating since I was 16 and since we haven't been past first base I assume there is nothing illegal here.

• Sorry to shoot you down. I really do appreciate the opinion though. 😊 Yes I'm 17 and she's 15. When I'm 18 she'll be 16.

• So for now she hasn't reached the AOC.

• Leave that underage gilr alone you pervert.

• We met in highschool when I was 16 but honestly as ignorant as your statement was I doubt I need to explain myself to you.

• No, you will be judged by a Higher Power.

• She's young so they probably just don't want you two going all the way, assuming the legal age of consent where you live is 18. 10 minutes ain't worth 10 years