How would you feel if your boyfriend bought another girl a drink?

I went to a bar with my boyfriend for a quick drink to know. While we were there he saw a female acquaintance that he knows from a running group he belongs to. We started chatting and when the bar tender asked us for our drink orders, he put hers on our tab (he paid). I found this odd

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• ... He saw a female acquaintance that he knows from a Running Group he belongs to.
    I do not find this 'Odd' at all, @andieo, In Fact, I feel your Bunny is a real Honey for dishing out Money to Be... A total Gentleman.
    He knows Her, She is Part of a 'Group' they both are In, and it Looks better from Where I am Sitting to be Courteous to buy Someone, Anyone, a Drink who May have been just 'Sitting there, To show his Good side, Which by the Way... You are On, Not her.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 8

• Hmmm, nothing wrong with him buying the first round, then she buys the next. If he just bought her a drink to be nice, it was bad taste with you there. That would piss me off.

• Did you ask him about it? If not you should. Say you found it a bit odd and why did he do it. An acquaintance at a group he belongs to... maybe he was just being nice. Depends on this group and what his relationship is with her. It could've been as simple as one friend buy another a drink. Or maybe you have reason to be suspicious and he likes her? Only he can answer this.

• if my wife bought another guy a drink I'd be OK with it.

• I'd find it odd if he didn't add hers to the tab. I mean if you are all chatting and whatnot at the bar and you decide to get drinks, it would be rude not to add hers to the tab. It's just a gentlemanly gesture and he's trying to impress you by showing he can be financially supportive.

• Your over thinking $5 drink. I paid for a girls food in front of me at a sub shop because they were only taking cash and she had no cash only card. it was like $8. I though nothing of it. She said thanks.

• If it were my girlfriend and it was a guy she already knew probably not a big deal. But if the guy was a stranger what would be a different story.

• Well it doesn't seem like it was anything other than buying a drink for an acquaintance. You probably wouldn't find it odd if it was a guy so I wouldn't think about it too hard.

• At the point the three of you started chatting together, it became a social club. You could have bought the second round, and her, the third. Don't be jealous of a social event.

What Girls Said 8

• I think buying someone who he knows a drink is absolutely fine, it's just like when you buy a round of drinks for the people you're hanging out with.

If he didn't know her or then ended up giving her more attention than you, then yes that would be odd.

• He's paid for our best friend's drinks before. Not a big deal.

• Not what I had in mind lol

In that situation, it would be okay for me... But if he would flirt with another girl without my permission and buy her a drink behind my back, I'd be mad.

• She's a friend. It's like buying a friend a bite to eat.

• In that situation it's fine, he was just being nice. It's not like he walked up to some stranger and asked if he could buy her a drink. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

• I don't think that's odd, he knows her. It would be if she were a stranger

• Well, if she was a friend I could forgive.

• I would be upset