Guys and girls: Is height a deal breaker?

Simple question. Would you friendzone a guy/girl for being too tall/short? If yes, what is your acceptance range?

• Definitely a deal breaker.
  • In some way yes, but there are more important features to consider.
  • It doesn't matter to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea it does. I loooooooove tall men. The taller you are the sexier. But I've hit on/checked out men shorter. And of course if I meet a man that is of average height like 5'9-5'10 or my height and he has an absolutely fantastic personality than I probably won't turn him down. Everyone has their preferences

Most Helpful Guy

• As some one who has dated some one about 4'8" and i"m 5"11" It was awesome. The comments we heard from others made us both blush constantly xD.

• What comments did you hear? I'm curious haha

• From girls it was. "Dang you two are cute, I wish I had the guts to talk someone taller than me."

My buds would hang and chat with me and do all sorts of nice stuff for girlfriend and try to make her look like a red pickled beet at football games as my buds would do all sorts of unnecessary nice things. As she was half ginger so when she blushes its a really obnoxious red.

• Awwww hahaha that's nice!

What Girls Said 15

• Nah, not really. I mean... within reason.
    I'm 5'10" so... I can't really imagine a guy being 'too tall'. I'm open to dating guys who are shorter than me, though if they're shorter as in just barely reaching my chin/shoulder area, that would be a bit more of a challenge. My boyfriend (5'7"ish) is a bit shorter than me and it's fine as it is. I've heard comments about that from just my family so far but if he were any shorter... truth be told, I think that us straying so far from the societal norms where the guy basically HAS to be taller would make things noticeably tougher.

• definitely doesn't matter much to me. me meeting a guy shorter than me or my height is almost impossible anyway.

• I think that height definitely would make me reconsider a relationship. My boyfriend's 6'0 and I'm 5'2. He's already a little taller than is comfortable, y'know? I don't really think I'd wanna be with someone bigger than that.

• I am picky. I have a preference range and acceptable range.
    P: 5'3-5'8
    A:5'0-6'4

Anything taller or shorter than my acceptable range and I don't think so.

• only if he's shorter than me, So he would need to be below 5'0".

Other than that it's not a problem, my boyfriend is between 5'4"-5'5".

• Yeah 5'7 and under is too short for me since its about my height.

• Personally, I don't understand why, of all the things you could judge a potential partner for, people choose to be picky about the things that the partner has no control over (like height). I mean sure, you can have preferences, but it's just baffling to me that people would consider giving up on an otherwise great match because because of something like height. This coming from a 4' 11" girl in a relationship with a 6' 1" guy. Didn't mean for that to sound like a rant, but it kinda did. ;)

• That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their preferences. As long as you are happy with each other, what others think doesn't matter :)

• Haha, well at 4'11 you don't really have to worry about dating a guy shorter than you... So I can see why you don't seem to care. But still do you think you would date someone shorter than you? I bet you wouldn't. Women especially have height preferences. Guys will work with it, but for women it is a straight up deal breaker.

• @blondles1 I'd be happy to date a guy shorter than me (and did, at one point). I guess height just isn't a factor for me. :) But other people have the right to have such preferences! I can't tell others what to think.

• Being 5'11 I've found that guys are always a lot more touchy about height, but I've been with guys shorter then me who didn't care. If I had a choice it would be a dealbreaker but no one chooses their height

• I could never and would never date anyone that I wasn't attracted to. Height plays into my attraction to people.

• I think if he's shorter than me it could be weird considering I'm already pretty short to begin with (I'm 5'2) but as far as him being tall goes, I don't think it matters too much as long as he's not like 7 ft tall.

• If he was Elijah Wood -i would be happy to daye him... he 168cm, i am 170)

• Yes. 5'6 and above.

• No not necessarily

• Its never something I look into really. Perhaps because im just a bit over 5 feet, so most guys are taller than me with a few that are about my height.

• I don't like short guys

What Guys Said 12

• 5'7" dude here. I've liked girls ranging from 5 feet to 6'6". If proposed as a hypothetical, I'd prefer a woman taller than I am, but that preference goes out the window as soon as I start crushing on a girl. In my experience, women have been the ones hung up on height, not me. You'd think that after helping them with college studies, inviting them to home-cooked dinners with friends, giving scholastic & general life advice, and just being someone who listens, they might reciprocate some interest. Instead, all I get is "Sorry (name), but you're too short, and I'm just not into little guys."... from a 5'4" girl. lol.

Finding a compatible life partner is difficult enough already, and filtering out quality people because of something as trivial as height is childish. If I can be head-over-heels attracted to a woman who has 8 inches on me and 150% of my weight, then there's no reason why a lady can't do the reverse. Maybe I'm just crazy like that. :-)

• Dating someone taller than you - I don't understand it, but I respect it. I bet it sucks when girls reject guys because of their height. Well, if someone rejected you for being too short, they weren't good for you anyway, so there's that. Thanks for your answer!

• I actually like short girls, but I am 6'2 so it can look a bit strange when we are together. That being said, anything under 5'2 and it would start to become an issue. I don't think I could go lower than 5'0. Also, tall girls aren't really my thing. If she is awesome I can look past it, but definitely not taller than me.

My current girlfriend is 5'6 and that is pretty perfect for us. The shortest girl I dated was 5'2 I think. I had to bend over pretty far to kiss her, and we couldn't have sex standing cause the height difference was too great. Haha, made for some awkward shower sex...

• I'm also not into tall girls. Short (not too short), cute and hot at the same time, that's the best. I'm 6'4'' and my girlfriend is 5'4'', and I understand what you're saying. I wouldn't go any shorter than her either. I like our height difference and she loves it too, she says she feels safe around me. And damn, she's the whole package haha, i got lucky :)

• I tend to prefer girls the same height as me the most. However, I would date a short girl, but not really short. I don't think I would date a girl taller than me, not that a taller girl would even date a shorter guy anyway.

• Lol I mean I find taller chicks hotter

• nah.

marry me 7'4 girl!

• No, not really.

• Nah not really.

• I can't imagine that height would be much of a factor, unless someone is very tall or very short.

• Doesn't matter to me, I'd even date someone slightly taller than me and I'm 6'2.

• Well as a 5'10ish guy, I open to anything shorter... Lol and taller, I DON'T CARE

• for me not really :)

• Doesn't matter even if she's taller than Burj Khalifa.