Why do all the ugly guys like me, and the ones I like don't?

i am smart, loyal, pretty, caring, sensitive and people say to me I'm pretty. I just don't get it =/

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you making an effort to see the guys you like? Do you make an effort to talk with them, get to know them, flirt with them? If you don't, then that could be your main problem. If you really want to get a certain guy, then there's no excuse to just sit on your ass and expect him to be enamored with you.

Attraction is important, there's no doubt about it. As such, I can't blame you for not wanting to be with the "ugly guys". However, I will also caution you about focusing too much on looks. Finding a decent looking guy with an awesome personality is much better than finding a super hottie with no interest in being a good boyfriend.

Unfortunately, most guys at your age level aren't looking for a nice, committed relationship. They might be looking for sex because they're horny, looking for a girlfriend to say "Hey, I'm not a loser!", or are looking to score to become the Alpha Male. Hence, it's very important to look for guys who are interested in your personality more than your body.

"People say to me I'm pretty"

Do people say you're fun? Outgoing? The kind of person who they want to hang around with? "Smart" can be a mixed bag. I know girls who are very smart, but their intellect is either accompanied by a lack of common sense, extreme arrogance, or both.

I don't know if any of these points affect you. These are merely some things to look for and for you to decide on.

• Please be my personal counselor :P

• Love this answer! Very mature and informative.