What is the BEST male height?

Research has shown that height is the most important physical trait when it comes to choosing a male partner. There is also a correlation between height, wealth, popularity, looks, etc. What would be the BEST height? If you're a girl, please comment your own height and your preference.

• Shorter than 5'9
  • 5'10
  • 5'11
  • 6'0
  • 6'1
  • 6'2
  • Taller than 6'3
4/6/2016, 5PM - A total of 66 people have voted.
The top three choices were : 6'0 (24%), 5'10 (17%), 6'3+(16%).

So far it seems like 6 feet is the ideal height for a man.
4/7/2016, 1PM - A total of 105 people have voted.
The top three choices were : 6'0 (25%), 6'3+(17%), 5'10 (14%).

Changes in comparison to the 4/6 update:
6'3+ (increased by +1%)
6'0 (increased by +1%)
5'10 (decreased by -3%)

There were a few complaints about the validity of this chart. However, I have responded to each of them below. Feel free to take a look at them!

Thanks for the responses!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'3 but with my boots I wear every day I'm about 5'6, ideally I'd like a guy to be minimum 5'10/5'11.

But I'm attracted to the 6'0 guys lol my dream guy has always been the tall, built and handsome type - but those type of guys go for the models rather than the average girl like myself :(

Most Helpful Guy

• To all tall guys, keep in mind that most of the people voting are Americans and that they are infamously short on average. If you're from northern Europe you can safely add 1-2 inches to any of this. No problem. More for many countries.

What Girls Said 23

• For me it's like 6'2". My boyfriend is 6'4" and that's a little too tall. We both have back issues because of it. Still, I am taller than the average woman.

I don't think you can find the "best" height because it is a terribly subjective thing.

• I would rather someone closer to my height, like 5'6" or something.

• I'm only 5'1 so the perfect height to me is anyone over my height. As long as he's taller than me , his height is okay

• It's so not the most important thing.

I'm 5'2" and as long as I don't have to look down to make eye contact I'm good, but most of the guys I've dated have been 5'9 or taller

• I guess like 5'10 is about right? I'm only 5'2.

• I'm really not picky with height but if i had to chose, 5'11" and up.

• I mean I like to climb trees, but height isn't something that would make me run for the hill's... cause Nick Jonas is not that tall and I'm still on his fine ass like flies on 💩

• I tend to find myself attracted / surrounded by males who are 5'10 + so that's my answer.

Though I don't count out the guys who may be shorter... they just haven't ever been super prominent in my life.

• 190cm to 197cm =)

• Good choice :p 👍

• wow you look shorty , why do you need that tall man?

• @Ialexwonderful Not me in the pic + I don't 'need' a dude. Haha

• 5'8"-5'10" for me, i don't want to crane my neck. also guys at that height who are buff are usually :P i prefer wideness over tallness

• Studies show that the most desirable height for males is 5'11".
    I agree with that.

• 5'10" to 6'1" 😍

• the last guy I had a thing with was 5'10 so Imma go with that

• Personally I'm not a picky person and height would never be a deal breaker but as a girl who is almost 6ft herself, if I could choose I would def love a guy 6'3 or over

• Anything above 5'10 is fine by me

• 6'2 ft sounds like a great height.

• 6 or 6'2 is my perfect height for a guy

• 6'0 is probably the tallest I'd ever see myself with.
    So anywhere from 5'9-6'0 is great.

• 8 feet tall or GTFO

• Taller than 6'3

• 5'11" and up is ideal

• I'm 5'5" and about 6' - 6'2 is a great heights

• I said 5'11 'cause that's how tall the guy i'm in love with is lol. I feel that is pretty ideal (i'm 5'4), but height isn't a big factor in me being attracted to guys really

What Guys Said 17

• At this moment, 31% of the female voters said 6'0". That means that 69% think some other height is ideal. The problem with the question is that you assume that there is an ideal. You didn't give an option of "it doesn't matter." For those to whom it does matter, they will have a wide range in their responses.

When you suggest that 6'0" is the ideal height, some insecure guy who is 5'7" is going to think to himself that he is screwed and will never attract a woman. As of now, 8% said that shorter than 5'9" is ideal, so there are a number of women who would be very happy with his height, and. . . if he is looking for a LTR, he only needs to find ONE woman for his quest to be fulfilled.

• The definition if "ideal" is "satisfying ONE's conception of what is perfect; most suitable". The goal of this poll is not to find the single height that is perfect for EVERYONE in the world, but rather take in consideration of individuals' opinions and conclude on the "most" preferable height. Again, "most" does not mean "all". Also, most people are aware that height is a subjective term.

You mentioned, "When you suggest that 6'0" is the ideal height, some insecure guy who is 5'7" is going to think to himself that he is screwed and will never attract a woman". This claim is very misleading. There were 30% of people who prefered a height less than 6'0. This should actually inform the 5'7 man that there are people who actually prefer HIS height and give him more confidence. If he is "insecure", he must also understand that height is not the only important factor. Learn the difference between "preferred" and "requirement".

• So I assume that you are incapable of saying, "I misspoke."

How do you know that other people care about the results of your poll? Let's post another question and ask people if they care!

Insulting the intelligence of your opponent in a debate is not a winning tactic. Most people view it merely as a indicator of your level of maturity.

• No, it's not that im incapable of saying, "I misspoke". I could easily say that you are incapable of saying, "I misunderstood".

Like I said, if nobody was curious than nobody would have clicked on it and chose to participate in it.

The reason why I insulted your intelligence is because this should not even be a debate. I am starting to think that you are disillusional. Your comments on this post will be ignored from now on. I feel like I am literally talking to a brick wall.

• five oh ova hurrr :P

• 5'10 to 6ft should be a good height

• Here I am at 6'3 just staring at that whopping zero percent.
    I didn't want to seem conceited and pick my own height...

• Lol I think 6'3" is hard to call "perfect height" when the poll is set up the way it is because a 6'3" guy would be harder to find. If you read the comments most girls say x height minimum or taller. It's rare that I've ever heard a girl rejecting a guy for being "too tall" (too short is more common, although I'm so short that it's rarely an issue for me)

• 6'2" checking in

• I am 5'7" so I went with 5'7"

I like my height.

• I hope they like 6'5" / 195.5cm lol

• I couldn't care less. Personally, I love being on the shorter side. People gripe about being tiny (especially dudes), but it has quite a few advantages.

• Evolution seems to say that 5'9-5'10 is the "perfect" male height for a European male, with 5'7 being the "perfect" height for an East Asian (especially Japanese) male, and with 5'9 being the "perfect" male height for most populations throughout the world.

So, natural selection seems to indicate than an average male height of 5'9 or 5'10 is perfect--whatever that means.

It also depends on the criteria for "perfect." What does that mean, exactly? Perfect for what? Being 6'6 might be perfect for a career in basketball, but it would suck for gymnastics, powerlifting, or olympic lifting.

• Where did you get all this "scientific" information? Current data shows that the most ideal height for a man is 5'11, while 5'6 being the most ideal for a woman.

You mentioned that 5'9-10 is the "perfect" height for a European male while 5'7 being the "perfect" male height. Your claim is misleading because what you are talking about here is the AVERAGE height, not the most preferred height. Also, the height of Asian men have recently increased due to better global nutrition... Averages don't always mean the most ideal or most prefered.

You are not supposed to take the word "perfect" literally. Nothing in the world is "perfect". The point of the question was simply, "What is the MOST PREFERED height of a male". You are going to the extremes by asking "Perfect for what? basketball? gymnastics?". I am simply asking for people's PREFERENCES, and concluding on the "most ideal" height by looking at the end data. Don't overthink things.

• Yeah, those heights are the averages. Exactly. Evolutionary pressures didn't choose those heights arbitrarily.

Since height is completely fixed outside of leg lengthening, arbitrary female preferences in height are a moot point. You can't change height, so fascination in their preferences there just don't mean much.

• Lol. Okay scientist

• I am 5'8'' What the fuck?

• 6'3 or die gdis

• My height 6 feet

• depends on girls ! but most of girls are shorties so... what is 5'6 and taller is good for them

• depends on what its for. athletically it seems to be somewhere between 5-10 and 6-1

• Short guy checking in.

• I am just under 6'3", and i'd take taller over shorter without a moment's hesitation.

• 5'6"

...