Do you think slow replies indicate lack of interest?

In terms of the dating world... I have signed up for a new app. I have spoken to 3 guys so far...

Guy number 1: I sent him a like first and the next day he reciprocated with a message. He took forever to reply to my messages. He would apologise a lot and say it's because of work. I let it slide, we exchanged numbers after a while and the same thing happened. He would take forever or ignore my messages and blame his phone. I cut him off, he still tried to get in contact shortly after.

Guy number 2: He sent a like first and messaged me. I recognised him from my high school and surprisingly he knew who I was too. I added him on Facebook (we have mutual friends). The conversation flowed throughout the day until he said good night and he'd talk to me the next day. He didn't follow up but I didn't hold it against him since we barely know each other like that. We haven't spoken since (only been two days).

Guy number three: I sent a like, he did the same and messaged me. We have only exchanged like three messages between us. He apologised and said he didn't use the app that much, he still continued the conversation. I feel like he is going to turn out like the first guy tbh. In my eyes I thought if someone was interested they would make the effort? Or do I need to give it more time to figure the person out?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to always think "take is slow" means lack of interest. Then I realized that is not the case all the time.

I have realized that I am an "emotional and social microwave", as in I warm up to people emotionally and socially very quickly. I am still learning to exert more patience with people in that regard.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on the individual themselves, I don't like to group people in one category.

Some people generally speaking, aren't texters and will take forever to get back to you (Just for the simple fact--that isn't their preferred method of contact)---These types of people, I usually text and ask them if its okay for me to call them, or can we keep contact that way.

On the other hand,
    Some people ARE texters are not interested in you so that is why they do not respond immediately or at all.

You really have to know who you are dealing with.

A way to see if someone is really interested in me, I stop texting them for a while and see how long it takes them to text me.
    If I see that they are at least initiating contact with me, I figure it's because they're a poor texter and that is all.
    If they don't text me unless I text them, they I think its because they lack interest.

The way I see texting is that,
    It is made for short-messages.
    Real conversations should be made on the phone.

What Guys Said 7

• Give it more time. First of all you have to actually be interesting in a conversation so they want to talk to you. Also, Some guys just have a lot to do, which is good since there's little chance of him becoming needy then. Us men are slowly learning to become less available and more busy since it's often seen as attractive

• if they're interested they will make effort, true

or, they're interested but following some dumb rules thats clearly not working on you lol.

• Yes, you're right if they were really interested they would make the effort. Giving slow replies, taking forever to reply are really irritating and annoying and are unattractive qualities.

it's good you broke off with those guys

• . no.

• everyone is playin the game.

• Why though? When I was talking to guy number two there were times we would reply within a few seconds. No game playing in terms of responding. I will be honest and say I take a bit longer to reply to those that do it first.

• because if you dont play. if can suck for you bigtime.

sometimes this skill dictates your success and how many dates you can get.

for women its about looking good and inner bueaty mainly.

think about how much attention pretty chicks get. why would anyone stand out to her? especialyl when she's more conditioned to reject men to protect herself?

people lead different realities. the one who can understand andn accordingly wins

• maybe they lsot interest. its not all game. the game helps in every way but not absolute

• Yes.
    But it can be many things.

• sometimes people have normal lives and have jobs and activities that don't revolve around telephone apps and the internet. Some people only check messages once a day and such.

What Girls Said 5

• Slow replies indicate that that person wants an express ticket out of my life for sure.
    Nobody is important enough to be able to afford making me wait. 💁🏻😝

P. S. You should think the same ;)

• Hey there, I think I'm in the same position as you basically, but with one guy, ever since we swapped numbers, we had a date and now he takes his time to reply back and blames it on not having credit, but weve been texting occasionally for over one week and he calls me babe. Did you end up having a date yet with either one? And are you particularly interested in anyone of them? If so just give them time, guys are like that, I notice they only text wen they are bored or when they just feel like it. If you're not interested, then move on, you're better than that! ! Good luck with the whole dating thing! Hope I was helpful! 😊

• Yes I think they are, unless the person tells you they are busy.

• Do slow replies indicate lack of interest? NO, they don't.

• Yes if they are interested they will make an effort to show you by either calling you, making plans, letting you know why they have not contacted you and doing things to make sure you are around