Matched with my ex on tinder.. what do I do?

I haven't used tinder in months (I'm in college so no need) but recently I downloaded it because I was bored at my
internship. I always just swipe right to everyone because I use it out of boredom and don't really care who I match with. Turns out on one of my swiping binges I swiped right on my ex because a few days after using tinder I got the notification that we matched. We dated for three years in high school and haven't talked much at all since college started (we're going to be juniors). We had a nasty breakup but have been formal with each other in the past few months (just nice to each other if we saw the other in person). About a day before we matched, her friend who I never talked to or hungout with when we dated asked to meet her at the bars with me and my friends (we never hangout with her or her friends anymore) so I'm a little suspicious. I don't really want anything from my ex unless it's just friendly. What should I do?

Update: when I say I swipe right for everyone I just swipe right as fast as I can without looking at who it is lol. The life of an intern

Most Helpful Girl

• If you know you don't want anything more than just unmatch and move forward. It will save everyone a lot of time and effort.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• I always believe in Second Chances with Romances, And with this Certain Sign... It could be something worth checking Out to see what it is all About.
    Go anyways and yes, By all means, Bring your buds. You never know what Mother Nature and Tinder have Planted with more Seeds Indeed.
    Good luck. xx

• Nothing. I know you swipe right for everyone but why didn't you make an exception and not swipe right when your ex popped up? But if you do not want anything and she does you would lead her on if you hung out with her and what is the point anyways? I would just not hang out and not talk to her and her friend anymore.

• I don't look at who I'm swiping for lol, I just swipe as fast as I can. That's what I'm thinking of doing, I just didn't know if it would seem rude to just not acknowledge that we matched in the first place. Thanks!

• Yeah, that is awkward now. Even if you said it was an accident she would still wonder if that were true and why you did it. She might already be hopeful it means more, but that would be hard to explain! Be more careful next time! Lol.

• Lol yeah I need to be! Thinking I'm gonna delete the app altogether... so far it has just caused me this issue

• Tell her what happened... just say, "Hi, we matched. I know it's weird and you probably don't want to talk to me. I just wanted to let you know what happened on Tinder! Say Hi if you want to :)"

• Nothing? If you don't want anything to do with her, just unmatch her and move on.

• "About a day before we matched, her friend who I never talked to or hungout with when we dated asked to meet her at the bars with me and my friends (we never hangout with her or her friends anymore) so I'm a little suspicious"

There's also no reason to be suspicious since you don't know who has liked you on tinder before you actually match, and her friend talked to you a day before it happened. I. e. there's no way she could have known that you had accidentally liked your ex on tinder. That was just a coincidence.

• Exactly, I'm suspicious of her matching with me (because that means she swiped right for me, too) and that her friend asked me in particular to meet them at the bar. Her friend and I have never been close whatsoever and have never asked each other to hangout. We didn't talk in high school even when I was dating my ex and haven't talked in college either. Just seemed a little weird to me that she would reach out to meet to go out to the bars when we never talk or have been friends in the first place

• Well, your ex had no idea you liked her on tinder until she matched with you and her friend also had no idea about it. As for her reaching out, she might have always been a bit interested in you or something? You could always just ask her why she so suddenly wants to meet.

• you ignore it like you ignore the other matches. you don't care right? so move on.

• Ignore. If he talks be polite. If he doesn't it was an accident on his end as well.

• You really use Tinder though?
    damn this generation :/

• Block her, or just deal with it. If you don't see the point in having her in your future as a potential love interest, then don't waste your time or hers. Pretty simple. :)

• Laugh it off and don't accept it!

What Guys Said 9

• Hahaha awkward
    Just be like um can I get my hoodie back?

• Left...

• Bahaahahhahaah

• You don't really care who you match with? Why does this question exist, then?

• You don't do anything, wth? Lol

• Be cordial but definitely distant. Keep it professional.

• Haha hilarious

• LOL, that's hilarious.

• Haha nice