Why short girls are so insecure about their height?

I saw many questions about height here. I dont understand why girls care about it. I am 5ft2, I have been told many times that I am too by my crushes but my current boyfriend (maybe 3-4 in taller than me) said that he loved me for who am I, not for my body. :)
I mean, the right guy will love you even with that height. The vain/superficial ones are not your loss. :D

I dont mean guys who only date tall girls are superficial. I mean, you have positive attributes too, focus on them. Of course there are ones who realize your positives.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know most of them are closer to normal like three to five inches away from average. They don't know what advantages they have over tall people. I'm 6'9" and i wish i was shorter sometimes. being this tall is not that great.. it irks me when short people complain about their height... tbh

• I think it is about relationship market. People prefer taller partners. But hey, people also prefer fit partners, intellectual partners, good looking partners, funny partners... Not all conditions should be satisfied, of course short people may have different plusses!

• weird. where do you live?
      In Sweden, there is no such a thing as "too tall". Too tall is like too rich.

• I live in the US. Yes there is. girls have said to my face and right here on GAG lol. They are like wtf I could never go out with someone as big as you

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually it's mostly tall girls who are insecure about their height. Not saying that short girls are never insecure about it, but it's generally us tall girls who are always told we're too tall to date or that being tall is freaky and abnormal because women are supposed to be short or something.

Short women really don't have anything to worry about. They are more desirable overall.

• where i live, being short is all negative. :/ but not important for some :D

• @HaveNoName I live in Sweden, I have NEVER met a guy who prefer short girls. Being tall is prefered, DEMANDED by some. I found a guy who does not give any shit about height. I am happy :P

• @Asker my previous comment was for @Musicbrain5 but I am glad to know you found someone who likes you.

PS: I envy you for living in Sweden. I loved that place. Visited recently along with other neighboring places. The girls were a bit too beautiful for my weak heart. haha.

What Guys Said 12

• you pretty much just answered your question for yourself

• how? :D

• its the vain/superficial ones and it's not our loss, as you put it. it seems like you understand girls pretty well.

• Height is important for girls attracted to guys. Not usually guys attracted to girls

• Your boyfriend's short himself so he has no right to complain.
    But in society's standards short height isn't much demeaned on girls compared to guys.

• no, he may complain too. I have met several guys who complain (shorter than him)
      in our society, being short is not desired (girls equals to guys), but body is secondary when it comes to love.

• thanks :D

• Welks :D

• I don't know why either. It's much, much, easier to be a short girl than it is to be a short guy.

• I dont agree. :D

• @asker For some that's not enough. Some people actually want to be desired sexually by the person they love. So to some, being sexy IS in fact important - even when in love.

• @Frost_Byt3 then, screw that "some". You can't satisfy all ;)

• well some people are insecure, but your right the right person doesn't sees any physical beauty, that person only care about inside beauty.

• "right person doesn't sees any physical beauty, that person only care about inside beauty." YES :D

• you are IN decentguy, i liked you :D

• haha, thanks :D

• Short girls are hot. I wouldn't wanna date a really tall girl, she'd be a sniper's first target!

• Because they are short

• I never understood it either. Short girls shouldn't be complaining because it means it's much easier to find a guy that is taller than them. They have way more options.

Tall girls are the ones who should be insecure, not them. Tall girls are much more limited in finding a guy that is taller than them. Similar to short guys.

• Being short or hairy is a curse that only ends with the life. Meh. I am one such cursed male.

• haha what? :D why do you think so? I dont agree with you. I am short and happy. We have such positive attributes too, just realize them!

• Because you are a female hence being shirt isn't too much if a bad thing. Just like it's acceptable for a man to have some kind of body hair , the same way it's totally acceptable for a female to be short. A woman can be 4.11 and still is seen as pretty and desirable and even gets lots of men but a male is seen as turn off and undesirable even if he is 5.3

• It's usually a good thing girls being shorter since guys want to be taller than the guy anyway

• Where do you live where people act like being short is a bad thing for women?

I think it's generally considered a small plus here.

I think the 'preferred' height for women is not globally universal, while for men it more is.

• Sweden. :D being short is biggest negative in here.

• Its not considered a negative from mens point of view.

• @bones90 maybe being tall is a plus but being short isn't minus?

• Not only all that, but I think most often guys like short girls. What really annoys me is that they think it's a negative at all. You talk as if 'it's a negative but guys will like you anyway.' I say it's going to more often be a positive or largely irrelevant.

• where do you live? :D

• Australia.

Actually now that I think about it, you may have more of a point in Sweden. Apparently they like tall girls there.

• haha where do you know? :D

What Girls Said 14

• I love Being a Short Stop here, dear. it makes it better for Any Tom, Dick or Harry to Be... Hopefully taller than me.
    A girl may like to be Tall and All for Model size but I am contented to be just the Right Height and Weight for any Date or Mate.
    Good luck and great question. xx

• *Many short girls may like to be taller to be a model and feel in their own short shape, You need to be too the right weight so you can carry it as well as a Tall girl. xx

• I'm 22 and 5'2", I've never been insecure about my height. Yes, people point it out, but I've never been made fun of for it in any way that was serious. I've never had a guy turn me down for my height either come to think of it, it's been a non-issue.

• People always want what they don't have. I am really tall and it is not that much better, actually worse for trying to date. A lot of guys, even taller ones, want shorter girls. I also feel it is more cute and feminine to be shorter for a girl. Clothes also are hard to find when tall, I can never find sleeves or pants long enough! Grass is always greener...

• Lol, I don't get it either. I'm 5'2" as well and my boyfriend is 6' and he loves my height. I mean, he loves me for me as well, but he thinks it's adorable how short I am and always likes to pick on me for it. I've never feared that a guy wouldn't like me because of how short I am. I actually see it as an advantage in the dating field.

• i've got a friend who's 4'11' and she's hellbent on finding a guy who's like 6'4" so she has average sized kids lmao she's dating a guy who's 5'6" so her plan failed, i anticipate some short god children

• I'm 5ft3, my height doesn't bother me.

• Because many people are insecure about non-existing imperfections.

• yeah. :D nobody is perfect and what we, people unique is our imperfections <3

• Not call short people are insecure. I love my height I am only4'11 I like it because
    When my family lose something behind a couch I can fit behind there. My nieces are all taller then me. I don't mind it

• dont be insecure, just wear heels and get over it.

• Ehh, I want to be taller just so that I can finally reach the damn medicine cabinet lol

• I am 6 and insecured about mine

• joke?
      being tall is a plus. stop thinking your plus as negative.
      I live in Sweden and 6" is ideal according to guys.

• Of course.
      If you say this in Sweden, it sounds like
      "I feel insecure about my "gifted" sexy boobs, I feel insecure about my long shapely legs."
      Or, "I am 6ft3in tall guy with abs. Am I too tall?"

• I agree. I am 5ft and told I am too short many times but my current boyfriend dont care :D

• Because we're taught only taller girls can be beautiful.

• I don't know. I think short girls are cute!