Does sex lead to love or does love lead to sex?

Just curious about what you guys thought...

• Sex can lead to love
  • Love leads to sex
  • Both are true

Most Helpful Guy

• Both can be true, however, as for sex leading to love there are a lot of people out there who use it to mislead people, into thinking they will love them if they have sex. This is why a lot of those types of relationships don't work out, one is typically using the other just for sex, stringing them along (usually its the guy stringing the girl along, but there are lots of women who do this to guys as well!). I voted "B" because this is most often true. Rarely sex leads to love in relationships but for the most part its love leading to sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• Based on many conversations I've had with older people with experience I've learned that : love leads to sex. And many say it can go either way. The truth about "sex leads to love" is a false interpretation of love. Those people are not in love with the person, but with the sex. You see many people, mostly men, who stay in relationships just for the sex. Sex and love can be separated... Most women get attached to a man after sex, but it usually doesn't happen with men. So further i say love leads to sex. The other is just men believing they're in love with the women, when in reality they are just in love with the pleasure of the act.

What Guys Said 16

• Neither is true. Love doesn't automatically lead to sex.

And sex sure as fuck doesn't necessarily lead to love.

• They are often linked but love by itself doesn't guarantee sex and sex by itself doesn't guarantee love.

• I put B because sex generally = lust and then something 'might' become of it but if you can tolerate someone for a month or more before even having sex it's probably a much better chance.

• Both are true. Sex can lead to love and love can lead to sex. It makes me think of a kiss that leads to more. If you've heard my favorite summer song called "Somethin' 'bout a Truck" by Kip Moore, you know what I'm talking about.

• Both can be true

• Neither.

• Neither.

• it can really go either way

• Neither

• Neither. They don't typically go hand in hand.

• I've no desire for sex with someone whom I don't love.

• sex leads to love for men, for women it's the other way around.

• Both are true. Love definitely leads to sex. And depending on the sex, it can lead to love also.

• Neither are true, They can go together however its possible to love without sex and vice versa

• for men, sex leads to love
    but
    for women, love leads to sex

• If i had sex with a random girl , maybe i will have feelings for her and love her in future.

What Girls Said 7

• Nether of the above. People have sex because they want to. Love is an action not a feeling. People can have sex and not love them. And its possible to love a person without having sex. But sex will not keep you together. People who mixed these two up often deal with the problem the hard way.

• None of the above are true.

• It can be either or neither of those honestly.

• Both can be true depending on the situation.

• Vote D. Great sex for me can lead to long time dating but NEVER exclusively.

ie: Serial dater right here.

• Both can potentially. But sex is a kind of love in my opinion reguardless of the type.

• Both can happen and be true.