Men: Would you help pay your girlfriend's bills?

Guys, would you offer to pay your girl friend's bills if she needed or just to help out? Some women allow the men they are in relationships with to give them money for things and also pay a bill or two. How many of you would if you aren't living with your girl friend?

• Yes, men are naturally supposed to be providers.
  • No, I'm not a sugar daddy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Voted yes, but I dislike the wording.
    It depends on how long we've been together and what the bill is. If it's a water bill or electricity, then yeah, I'll help her out. If it's for cable or internet, then no. There's also the factor on if she is working or not. People in relationships should help each other out, I think, but I don't want to be taken advantage of.

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand that you're asking about if she's tight on money. Not as a regular thing.

Honestly, it would be very sweet of him to offer.
    Would I let him? No.

I like handling my own business (bills included). There's no need for him to ever have to. Not unless something horrific happened like identity theft or such.

- Other than that, a woman should be able to handle herself. There are exceptions, but I just don't go for sugar daddys.

What Guys Said 42

• Only if she really needs it. If she thinks I'm supposed to pay for it because I'm the man, then obviously no... and most likely break up.

• I don't live with my girlfriend and yes I would help her if she needed it. I doubt she ever would as she is good with her money. However, if for some reason she required help due to unforeseen circumstances, I would help her!

• Generally no, depends on the situation tho and how long we have been dating. If something happened that made her lose a lot of money suddenly, like maybe she totaled someones car and she was totally broke because of it, I wouldn't mind paying for some of her things to help her out (if we had already dated for a longer time)

If she just expects me to pay for her shit for nothing, then yea I'm out.

• Of course!

Many people will say that is not the right thing to do, but then think nothing of it when married.

• I am not supposed to pay for her stuff. But if she needs me to, I would probably make a deal with her like she would cook for me or sexual favors, clean my place, etc. Something that I know she could easily do and won't cost her a thing and at the same time pleases me. I think it can be fun and beneficial for both.

• Depends what kind of relationship it was at the time. I'd lend my girlfriend money happily if I trust her to pay it back and if I can afford it myself but I'm not throwing money at her just because she's my girlfriend. Any women I'd date wouldn't ask me to do so either.

• no, being a provider does not mean to give my shit away. pay your bills or move back in with your mom.

• So what if she was was short on something and needed your help you wouldn't be willing to help her out? Considering she's your girl friend?

• If a girl overspend on shoes then you shouldn't help her, no brainer there.

She's stuck on medical bills then no, you're cold.

• @yucel_eden i guess thats true, in our country we have decent enough social security so that would not be a problem.

• Depends on how serious we're heading in a relationship

• Depends if we are at the point of whats yours is mine and whats mine is yours. Once there its all the same cause I can take a 100 bucks from her too if I need to

But if she's looking for a free ride just because she's cute and other guys do it. Fuck and hell to the no

• Sadly, gone are the days when the man should be a provider.

Having said that, if we weren't living together and didn't have an arrangement around the finances and she expected me to pay her bills while she squandered away her money? Not going to happen.

• Heavily depends on circumstance

If she overshot her money buying bullshit, then no. I'm not about to be her bail-out

If she can't get enough money for something important, then I can HELP her pay it, not pay all of it

If she expects me to because I'm the man, then it's a deal-breaker

• sure, if i had too. being in relationship means you help one another.

• No, I know someone who paid off their girlfriends student debt, had nothing left. Each person should be able to sort their own shit out financially in my opinion.

• Not until we've been together for a while would I offer help with "a bill" and even then it wouldn't be a lot. I won't put myself in a bind to help anyone though.

• Most likely no. If it's because she can't live within her means then it's a definite no. If she had something like a medical problem that zapped her cash then yes.

• With the age of "equality", why do I have to foot the bill? It's not my bill, it's HER bill. I'm not buying the chivalry nonsense. Same goes with student loans and such. No way. That's her responsibility. She is an adult.

• That's not what a boyfriend is really for but yeah we will help out at times if you really need it

• I would not. It's her bills.

• How far into the relationship?

• Nope. I could, but that's not healthy for the relationship. Marriage is different.

• Yeah of course I would. It's our money, and not her's and mine.

• It would depend on how serious the relationship was and how big the bill is.

• Would you date a junkie that pawned all their shit and can't manage to pay their rent?

• Only if we were really close,

• No I won't.. lots of girls just use the guy for their personal needs..

• Now it would be different if we we're living together. If we are not, then no, I have no reason to pay for her lifestyle.

• Only if we're close and care for each others

• Women are strong, independent, and don't need no man these days. So no pay your own way for everything you decide to do.

• I agree women should be able to do these things without but if she needed help. I'm not saying pay her bills while she doesn't work. I mean if she needed help would you be willing to help her out.

• No, I am oppose to it because of the all the chants you ladies have made about the things I mentioned above. You wanted to be independent and strong so what do you need me for? I am not your fall back plan, she needs to learn to make better choices in life. The only woman I would help is my mother and that's because its family related and she did raise me. But outside of that she can keep her money and I'll keep mine, if she has a problem she needs to figure it out instead of expecting a man to help her because men don't get that kind of help and are expecting to just figure it out.

• No I wouldn't, she can pay her own bills. She needs to learn a thing or two about budgetary control.

• Not to sound rude, but some girls seem like whales in the seas of shoes.

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 8

• The only time a man should be helping with the bills is if you two live together and share expenses. Anything else is not an obligation and if he chooses to do so, she better be beyond thankful and go the extra mile for him, because few people would pay for her shit otherwise.

• If I desperately needed help I would ask if he could, if not I can always ask my sister. I just would feel terrible and horrible for asking though 😐 it's not him who put me in this position. So my boyfriend would be the last (and I mean my last resort!)

If it was the other way around, and my boyfriend sled me, I'd give it to him within a heart beat. I'd like to think that if I were ever down that path and I turned to him, that he would help me also. But I know how much guys don't directly ask. I would just willingly give him half here and there because if I'm at his place I would use the gas/electricity/water etc so it wouldn't hurt to pitch in.

• I don't think a boyfriend or girlfriend should be paying the others bills at all until you're living together, at which point things should be split fairly even unless there's a kid and one of you stays home to care for it.

• That's what she has parents or legal guardians for if she's in such a pinch she can't pay herself.

• you're assuming I mean someone to pay her bills and she does nothing. I'm simply asking if a guy had a girl friend she needed gas money or something would a boy friend be willing to help. Also it's not foreign for boy friends to do things beyond like pAy for dinner, gifts, vacations. Some men are just more willing than others

• i would never ask a guy to do that and they shouldn't. I sure as hell wouldn't do that for a guy i was dating.

• That 32% willing to pay though. Why?

• I wouldn't let someone pay for my bills.

• Total crap unless she's home with his babies.