Is it sad that I was never once asked to homecoming or prom in high school?

It's still only been a year since I graduated so it still kind of makes me sad. I'm a cute girl, I'm in shape and pretty. Maybe not the prettiest girl in my school but it seemed I was literally one of the only girls in my high school who never ONCE got asked to any dance. It still hurts my self-esteem and to this day whenever a guy insults me or dumps me I think that it's because I'm ugly, even though I'm not really

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't live in the past. Whether it was great or awful, it's over. Any time that you spend dwelling on it is a waste of your current, precious life. Live for today while planning for tomorrow.

Most Helpful Girl

• I asked my date out. Gotta go for the gusto girly.

What Guys Said 16

• Honestly its most likely the guys were intimidating by how attractive you are. If a girl is too attractive then guys won't ask because they Dont think they have a chance. Its on them not you. But anyway wanna go to prom with me? Lol

I'd be glad to

Great!! Now I successfully asked a girl to prom! After graduating high school a year ago. Way to go me! Lol but seriously its not you that's at fault they missed out.

• "whenever a guy insults me or dumps me I think that it's because I'm ugly, even though I'm not really"
    Cause your life would be completely different if you had been invited to prom...
    Right? You would never doubt yourself or think you're ugly right?

• i can imagine it dose... I bet you are anything but average probably one hot little girl... I would have takin you out if I was younger and if I knew you... :)

• I never went to a single dance in high school, at all.

Fortunately for you, the crappiest 4 years of your life are over and you get to look forward to adulthood. Who cares about what happened in high school? Only those who want to go back and relive it... and I pity them.

• High school is over. Done with. Move on! I didn't go to prom when I was in high school. Frankly I don't even care.

• I've never been on a legit date, never had a girlfriend... I didn't even go to prom...
    I know how it feels, all my friends have/had relationships apart from me... I just get turned down and blown off by everyone :(

• That's sad. However, I since you're a good person. When guys get dumped by their wives they'll come running to you.

• Don't be unset about it! The girl I went with told me she actually enjoyed getting ready, going to the restaurant and then eating our dessert after more the dance, then the actual dance itself. You didn't miss anything special

• I was never asked to any school dances either. I never went to mine.

• No neither was I those things were rip offs anyways you had to pay to go

• You're not missing much tbh

• Therapy
    Let go
    Move on
    Build confidence
    Screw what they think

• why didn't you ask someone?

Because the guys ask girls and I tried to get one guy to take me but he took someone else of course

Because if I was one of the only ones that wasn't asked it makes me feel ugly/undesirable

how many guys do you think were rejected by all the girls they asked?

• According to your comments 80% of the girls got asked. You asked 1 and gave up.
    According to statistics if every guy asked a random girl every guy got rejected about 3-6 times. (Let's ignore the case where he just asks his girlfriend.) So think about giving up after the first one.
    Getting asked for a dance is more about your vibes being a dance partner and your visibility than about your looks.
    I also wanted to be part of the official dancers of the opening ceremony of my prom but until I got the word of it all girls seemed to be taken. I asked a few but all said "taken". While a full meeting for the preperations I randomly mentioned that I would like too. One of the girls mentioned that she also didn't have a partner and she wouldn't mind. If I hadn't mentioned it, at least me and the girl would have been without partner and I don't know how many else. So it was pure luck.
    Also most guys/girls have their SO, crush or favorite dance partner in mind to ask first. After most are taken you would need to ask who isn't taken so you don't get rejected 10 times.
    I don't now the customs where you were but where I know you could also ad hoc ask someone else for a dance even if he has someone else.
    So next time just go for it and don't give up after the first time :)

• Nope! Don't feel bad about it. I can say without a doubt this is how many men feel, as many women refrain from taking the first step and asking guys out. If you want something, you can't just sit around and hope it'll come up, you need to take the initiative.

Because guys usually go for a girl if they really like her. I tried that once or twice, and they never took me

There are so many guys out there. Do you honestly believe that guys will only ask 1 or 2 girls out before giving up completely? Keep trying and don't wait around for Prince Charming to sweep you off your feet

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Highschool guys suck, you shouldn't even care. You're cute! Why you worried about being asked to some crappy overrated dance by a highschool guy? Don't let yourself self-esteem depend on the dumbest type of guys on this planet. :)

• I mean prom means nothing tbh all those dances are boring

Yeah, I just felt kinda unwanted I guess but yeah the dances were so overrated

Thanks sweet girl!

You're welcome beautiful girl

• you ll get over it in time when you mature

• I say, no. It's just life, and it really doesn't matter outside of high school, it's just a stupid dance, where the teachers and school staff don't even let you do stuff. So I don't think it's sad, plus boys aren't really worth it in high school.

It's really not about the dances it's just the fact that I felt like I wasn't good enough to be asked. But still, you're right

Every girl is worth it, it's just not the right time for some of us (most of us honestly). You will find someone soon enough!

Thank you