Who has it worse, tall girls or short guys?

I was just wondering. Since I'm a tall girl! I'm technically 5 foot 8 but I'm closer to 5 foot 9. I know some guys don't like my height but I don't care about them! Some guys like tall girls. I also think that some short guys are super cute! I mean I like to say "Chubby chubby choooo" while squishing their cheeks (not the bottom cheeks lol) I don't really care about height but I was wondering who has it worse? Tall girls or short guys? (I wouldn't mind dating a shorter guy... just my parents would...)

• Tall girls
  • Short guys
  • Same

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely short guys. Tall girls can still be feminine given that they have feminine proportions and feminine facial features. Short men, and I'm not talking 5'7''-5'9'', I'm talking 5'5'' and below have a real hard time of being considered real men...

Most Helpful Girl

• I am 5'10. Which is above average in my country, however, there are men here who are taller. My man is 6'5. No problems :P

However, I know that men who are smaller often have a more difficult time. Most women want their man to be taller than she is. I understand, as my ex was a head shorter than I. It didn't feel good.

What Guys Said 17

• I would say short guys.

• Short guys. Guys operate on a "she has to be smaller than me, unless she's really hot" principle. Girls operate on a "he has to be at least taller than me and be taller than some fixed figure" principle.

Basically a tall girl can get with a tall guy but a short guy can't get with a short girl, although the tall girl will face competition from short girls.

• Short guys are screwed because girls, whether they're 5' or 5'10" want a 6'+ guy, while guys don't care about a girls height.

Put another way, an attractive 5'10" girl has it easier than an attractive 5'5" guy.

• I'm 6'4 anyone near my height is bomb af

my female friends won't even give anyone shorter than then a second look there around 5'5 to 5'9

• Short man syndrome is real in some guys. So I'd say short, especially since girls can be much pickier with things. Also most girls aren't super tall.

I guess. Is 175cm considered super tall? :o

Oh god I hate converting, 5'7 is short af lol.

Actually if you convert it it's 5'9

• Guys always have it worse than girls. Height has nothing to do with it.

Are you sure though? -.- don't think negatively! Girls do care about height but they don't care about look that much. Mostly body

I'm tall and handsome I'm not worried at all... Men just have to deal with a different sort of world that women never will have to. It's alright, but it isn't easy.

• Lmao tall chicks are hot

• Tall girls are awesome.

I would prefer them over a short girl as long as she's attractive and less tall than me.

I'm 186cm by the way.

Wow that's tall! :) I'm glad that you would prefer us!! Thank you! We need people like you! XD

How tall are you? I think no guys would reject super models if they are not small and had the choice lol.

Lol thanks! :) I'm technically 5 foot 8 but I'm closer to 5 foot 9 :)

• Tall girls..

Why do you think tall girls?

Asker Really, I just picked because the two only choices. Truethfully.. Neither have it any worst than the other. I've been with both taller or shorter and I'll tell you, height and size have no bearing on anything. Your personality and character wins every time. Allowing against all odds always wins too.

• love tall girls

• Ma let's.

Hahaha, always funny little guys.

• i"m not either. But I'm pretty sure short guys. Hell tall girls are the ones that are victoria secret models. Short guys really don't have too much going for them in comparison to short girls tall girls and tall guys.

• Short guys without question.

First off most guys height preference is relatively mild.

Second more guys like tall women (in some regions most guys) where in almost all areas most women are at best neutral to short guys.

• Short guys

• short guys have it horrible.. lmao i feel so bad for them.. tall girls are incredibly hot

• Definitely short guys I know many guys who are willing to date a girl a little taller, the other way around? Not so much.

Thanks for commenting! :)

• Short guys.

Even guys think so? Thanks for responding!

Yes because short guys are seen as unmasculine and weaker to most women. You're welcome

Np! :) But to the short guys: There will always be that one girl who thinks your cute so don't worry!

What Girls Said 15

• I don't think any general statements as to who has it worse would be all that accurate.
    If a tall girl thinks that her height will work against her, and goes into the dating scene with that kind of mindset, she'll have it worse. If a short guy thinks that his taller friends have an advantage over him because of their height alone, or that he's any less 'manly' because he's shorter than average, he'll have it worse. (I say that as a 5'10" girl who's boyfriend is shorter than her so I guess you could say I'm somewhat experienced with those kinds of things.)

Interesting! That is very true! "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Actually I did a fun test on that quote and it's true. One day I used a picture and the question was "Why am I so ugly? Rate from 1 to 10?" Or something that mention that I thought I was ugly. And the ratings were average like 5, (around 20 people) And then on a different day, I did another post with the exact Sam picture stating something like "a lot of people think I'm cute! Rate 1 to 10?" And All of the ratings were round 6 to 9. Average probably 8 or 7. So it's true that Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lemme put it this way, I don't see guys telling tall girls this:
    http://i.imgur.com/ghwKZDN.png
    http://i.imgur.com/uY8cV4i.png
    http://i.imgur.com/25npW72.png
    2static2.fjcdn.com/.../...b6c2a183f5d1d91a59b7.jpg
    ^this ones kinda funny huehuehue (as a bigger girl myself, i've learned to laugh at these kind of things)
    http://i.imgur.com/exLBS.png
    ^this is just sad
    Shout out to all the short guys, you are a just as handsome/beautiful as tall guys <3<3

• well, my sister is 6'1 and she's never had any trouble finding a date. that said, i've also dated short guys, so there's that.

(i'm 5'7 and a half, and my man is 6'4; i do prefer guys who are taller than me, though i also won't dismiss someone as a potential man-friend just because of his height)

• I think the short guys have it worse but mostly because of their own psyche.
    Tall girls are usually models.

• I think short guys. I am almost 6ft and can't count on one hand the amount of guys who actually rejected me over height.

Short guys get that shit all the time. Ironically I feel like I'm less likely to reject a short guy than a girl half a foot or more shorter than me lol!

*can count

That last sentence was exactly right. Also, it isn't short vs talk so much. A guy will always pick a sweet, pretty girl over an ugly, mean spirited girl.. doesn't matter which one is 6ft or which is 5ft.

I've never had problems finding love lol. So you have nothing to worry about cuz to me you're still short!

That's true!!! :) I made another post and asked if height really mattered for a girl and all of them said no or as long not it's not extreme

• Short guys for sure. Tall girls are HOT!

Aw!!! Thank you so much!!! :)

• I would say short guys, since women usually prefer tall men.
    I guess guys don't care about a girl's height.

• Short guy. In all the world women want tall guys and in the majority of country men want tall girl (Europe, Asia, etc...). But none country value a short height for a guys even in a country where people are really short.

• i think short guys. it's unfair. i prefer closer to my height and around average height over taller.

Nice! :) Well they are lucky to have girls like you! :D

• Short guys and it's not even a question.

• Short guys definitely

• I'd say short guys because I do very well and I'm 5'10"

• I don't mind short guys. They are cute. 🙊

• Guys seem to get very upset about height... if you say you prefer a tall guy. They get defensive. But tall girls seem to get angry when they see a short girl with a really tall guy. So I think it is about even.

I guess you could be right! :)

• I think both have it bad. It honestly depends on their preferences, their confidence, and how much self esteem they have.

It depends on how short the short guy is and how tall the tall girl is. those also factor in

Thanks I guess! :) but every time I see a girl taller than me I think "She could be a super model!" So don't worry! :) sure some short girls might say "I want to be tall but not that tall" But in the end they just be wishing to be taller. Cause even though they get more to choose from, in my opinion taller couples where both the girl and guy are tall get more positive remarks rather than a couple where the guy is like towering over the girl... No offense to the couples where the guy is a lot taller. But if it's my friend I sometimes think that that's their daughter or they're siblings... I'm not trying to offend those couples though! They also have their advantages! :) Like the girl gets to tip toe and where giant heels.

Most modeling industries prefer girls who are your height to 5'11" but thanks anyway 😊 Yeah I honestly think it must be so impractical when the guy is more than a foot taller. It looks so weird. If I was a guy (I would be a super tall guy) I wouldn't to date a girl under 5'6." Omg you are super nice 😊 I know you don't mean to offend anyone ❤️