If a girl stops texting back in the middle of a convo or doesn't respond to a text, is she not into me?

I became friends with this girl this semester at school and I have started to like her a little bit. We had a class together and one day she gave me her number because we had to do a few projects together. As the semester went on we began to become closer, texting more and more. During our conversations she would always just stop responding to me, in what I thought was the middle of the conversation.

We were able to hang out a few times before school ended and she mentioned a few times how she wanted to see me over the summer. Since school has ended though I have texted her a few times but she has only responded once on her birthday. I know she is busy with her summer class and summer workouts, she plays a Division I sport at school, but I am starting to get the feeling she is trying to send me a message. I don't know what to do.

I thought she would at least have the decency to respond. I never asked her to hang out or anything I just asked how her birthday was. In my opinion whether she is into me or not she could have given me an answer. That's why I am so confused about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if I liked a guy more than a friend, I'd at least try to end the text conversation, esp. if we're texting late at night, like by saying "ok, going to bed now..."

Texting is weird, though...you can't always expect someone to reply right away. I usually text because I'm in the middle of something, doing other things and can't actually talk on the phone. So, sometimes I won't reply until hours later, maybe a day later.

And, texting can get old and boring...if it doesn't move to an actual phone conversation.

If she mentioned a few times (more than once) that she wanted to hang out over the summer and you believe she meant it, that's a good sign.

I would suggest making a phone call. If you have to leave a voicemail and *then* she doesn't call back, then you'll know for sure.

Good Luck.

What Girls Said 2

• She could actually be busy. My boyfriend used to get mad at me all the time, because he thought there was something wrong. Unlike some girls, I don't keep my phone around me 24/7. Sometimes I leave it on the counter and go into another room for hours and forget I was talking to someone.

If you text her and she doesn't respond at all to the text, that could be a bad sign. Most girls when they see a guys text, especially if they like him, they'll respond right away. If she leaves her phone in the the other room or something and sees that you texted, a girl that likes you will at least have the common courtesy to answer you back EVENTUALLY. If she's not doing that, forget about her... she's no into you.

• Yes. she is not that into you. Move on. Don't force your love on her lol.

What Guys Said 2

• who cares if she doesn't like you anymore, just don't get stuck on that sad emotions, there are immature ghost magics that just annoy people with their own emotions,so just move on or just be a friend that will be there that doesn't think of girls...magical ghost can feel ur emotions and yet make you feel fake one sthat are close but not the same to the emotion of whether it being sad or glad.. so some thoughts aernt really yours

• Sorry man, but IMO it doesn't seem like she's interested. no matter how busy she is, she would take at least a sliver of her time to keep in contact if she liked you. maybe she liked you at one point but some women (at least in my experience) can be very capricious with with liking men.