Have you ever ghosted anyone or been ghosted?

For those who have ghosted why do you do it that way? How would you prefer to be rejected be told straight up or ignored completely?

• I tell em how it is no sugar coat
  • I've ghosted before
1d
I guess I should clarify i meant reject someone with silence with no explanation at all. Not reject someone then ghost them if they don't accept your rejection and continue to pursue. That's understandable there's not much else you could but ignore when they don't take no for an answer. I would do the same.

1517
Sponsored

What Girls Said 15

• No i tend to tell people how it is.

• I've ghosted some people mostly when I have shown some signs liking them although I have then changed my mind. So if they don't ask directly to do sth together I can't tell them upfront. If they ask directly I'll just say no.
    I've also been ghosted: went to meet a crush with his friends. We were already talking about going on a date. When the night was over he invited me to sleep at his home cause it was too late and I lived kinda far. Spend the whole night talking slept in the same bed spend the next day listening to music and talking then he walked me home in the rain gave me his umbrella and then he disappeared for two weeks. No explanation and then we just hanged out as friends and when I confessed he said we can't be together. so sad lol

• I've ghosted before and had bean ghosted too.

• Yeah I ghosted a guy.. he was very pushy.. didn't listen to me after I told him nothing would happen between us and he persisted. So I ghosted him and I have been ghosted before; gotten over it though.

• 6d

Will that's not a complete ghost you told him how you feel and he didn't listen. there's not much else you can do from there then just ghost. those people who go radio silent giving no real rejection or explanation are assholes but I understand they way you did it i kinda done the same aswell.

• 6d

right you would think it would be common courtesy I don't expect much but at least have the decency to be sincere and direct. that way If it's easier to move on your not thinking what happened. plus if you did something wrong you now what to improve in the future.
      I did she was ugly lol but regardless she was a boring texter so I got bored. Even if she was hot I would never want a ldr so it would be best to cut it off before anyone catches feelings. I've got quite a few girls SC on here some were cute but I try to keep it casual as well. i dont see the point of getting serious if you live States or countries away. yet many people try I don't make sense

• 5d

I know exactly where your coming from! LDR doesn't work in my opinion, it's complicated and especially if either one is sensitive or easily anxious it will never work because they overthink everything. I think people who do try are the ones who think they won't get any better than what's in front of them, or they aren't bothered to go through the same process again of getting another girl or guy because it's too hurtful and they fear rejection. Rejection happens all the time. I'm cautious of who I talk to outside GAG, only add them on facebook or SC if I know things will be platonic and they understand that nothing will happen between us because of distance. Its easy to get caught up in the romantised idea of a "long distance relationship" but nobody wants to get hurt

• I typically tell people how it was but I went to meet this one guy who was clearly about 15+ years older than his photo. I didn't feel the need to give him an explanation. He should have been able to figure it out on his own. If not he's delusional and that's even more reason to never speak with him again.

• 6d

*how it is

Or was... Whichever.

• 6d

In my opinion lying about your age, weight, height, etc gives people a right to not talk to you again.

• I think ghosting is for cowards

• I would rather him insult every aspect of me and calling me the worst names imaginable than be ghosted..

• currently in the middle of being ghosted

• it's normal in japan. it's how it is.

• 6d

what is ghosted mean? Define with example please.

• 6d

ohh I see. well I just call that inconsiderate asshole never was worth my friendship all my time texting or calling them in the first place. also referred to as being a dick

• 6d

Haha yup exactly

• I've been ghosted once and I ghosted a guy once.

• 6d

how did it feel to be ghosted and why did you ghost the guy instead of being direct?

• 6d

I didn't really mind. We were just texting and barely saw. Didn't really have any connection to him anyways.

I ghosted a guy that I met off tinder. He was a cop and kept asking if I was "naughty" and "was breaking the law" cuz he has cuffs ;) hahaha. And he wouldn't stop calling me. Stopped texting him and never met him lol

• I have been ghosted after a 5 year waste of time relationship.

• Usually I only ghost guys that I went on one or two dates with that I don't want to see again. If we're in an actual relationship then I'll tell you for the most part.

But this past relationship has been so turbulent. He's rude, disrespectful, argumentative, has cheated, and he's ghosted me twice. And he keeps telling me when I can talk, what I can talk about, and has hung up the phone in my face before and then blocked my number so I can't call him. So I'm ghosting him. He called me yesterday but I have zero intention of calling him back.

• I've been on both sides of this situation... I regret having done it, but I never mourn the loss of the person who ghosted on me for long

• 5d

why cus it was easier to ghost?

• 5d

No actually ghosting was one of the hardest thing I had ever done, he just pissed me off way too much so I decided to hurt him like he hurt me. I now know it's immature and I regret it.

• Both, cause you know that he's bound to court you but then, you play nice and just don't want to hurt them cause it will still be the same even if you reject someone, they will give silent treatment and yeah I was ghosted too , just someone I talk online for 2-3 years but haven't meet him personally and it just gone and no goodbyes.

• Yea both actually. I've been ghosted bc i tell them how it is. 😂😂 But people tend to ghost me a lot.

What Guys Said 17

• I've been ghosted by plenty of women I and also ghost plenty of women. If you use anything like Tinder, you'll lose count of how many times it happens, it becomes part of normal behavior.

• 6d

so if they text you do you just ignore them till they stop or do you mean you jus stop texting them

• 6d

I'll usually give them like a one word reply to give them a hint that I'm not really interested in continuing any conversation and if they still text me, then I'll ignore them.

• Women ghost usually because they don't want to hurt feelings. I only ghost if the girls being way too dramatic after a few dates. I was ghosted recently but I know why.

• I don't really care. If I'm ghosted I'm out, ain't wasting my time with that. DO I ever ghost? Yes however not intentionally normally it;s due to being too busy. If I don't like someone or don't want to be around them then i'll say it straight up

• I ain't never really ghosted before.. But I can't tell you how many times I've been ghosted..
    media.giphy.com/media/l41YtZOb9EUABnuqA/giphy.gif

• I've been ghosted

• I have, but only if I had never met her in real life.

• No I haven't

• I've ghosted plenty and I've been ghosted plenty

• 6d

why aren't you just direct with them instead and does being ghosted not bother you?

• 19h

It doesn't bother me like it use to and I've only ghosted girls who weren't important to me anymore

• I've been ghosted. FUCK THAT

• I've ghosted too many times to count.

• ghosted? calling someone from a number they don't recognize on purpose?

• what does that mean

• Unless you're ghosting because the person just won't leave you alone after you asked them to, then it seems like a cowards approach. I just tell people like it is, I'm honest but not mean about it. It's easier than osting and avoiding sed person.

• I only ghost when I know the women can't treat other people right. Sex has a funny way to show a person true self.

• Girls seem to ghost way too much

• 6d

Sometimes men treat you badly. You break it off n they somehow manage to sweet talk you into giving them another chance. And guess what they treat you like dirt again. So after a couple rounds of this I usually ghost. Mostly to stop my stupid self from falling for empty promises again.

• 6d

@gal256 but then girls do it to guys who are not like that

• I ghosted them before kissing, when they told me their age. I wanted no drama.

• Never ghosted but got ghosted plenty

• 6d

have you noticed it become more common these past couple years or has it always been like that

• 6d

I guess they would just call it being an asshole

• 6d

Yeah, lol