How important is being tall for guys?

Growing up I've always had a height advantage over other people and it seemed more of a burden than a blessing in my youth. Now that I've matured I realize the benefit of being tall. But I don't really understand how much it helps. Guys that are average height always wish that they're taller and it seemed weird to me that they think height would cure all their problems. I'm 6'3 and I've never thought to myself, hey I sure am glad I'm tall or this girl would never have talked to me. I've always found personality mattered most. I'd easily give up 3 inches of height to make myself a more interesting person.

And ladies, what is too tall or too short?

• He needs to be able to see over my head.
  • He should at least be taller than me.
  • He should be eye to eye.
  • It doesn't really matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• you very tall and very handsome, these are both good things :)

What Girls Said 6

• I like it if he's at least my height, but it really doesn't matter. Lots of times I actually lean toward "shorter" guys...like the guy I have a thing for right now is around 5'7, but I love being only a couple inches shorter than him because I can look into his eyes easily instead of craning my neck up!

• you're pretty tall lol...6'5 is too tall! but your height is definitely an advantage for many women. I don't think you have to worry about women liking you only for your height...you'll know if she likes the real you ;) For me, height does not matter as long he's taller than me...anything above 5'4. it always comes down to personality!

• im a tall girl so height is important to me... to a girl who is 5'3" it probably wouldn't matter if your 6'3" or 5'3" but I'm 5'9" so 6'3" is pretty cool... however, I generally find myself being attracted to guys who are my height and that's fine too I guess.. I just don't wanna feel like a giant next to my man... that's not a very feminine feeling at all... I would say as long as you're my height or taller when I'm wearing heels then that perfect (thats around 6'1")... Hope this helps : )

• Height shoud not be any matter. if your a interesting person and that shine higher then your heght, it should not be any problem. Don't stress about it!

• Look I don't think height matters... I'm a tall female and I use to date a man that was shorter than me . It makes no difference really as long as your a nice person!:) You should be happy within yourself. :)

• ok well I'm 6'4'' and would have to agree with you that personality is way more important than height. for me no man is too tall lol, and the shortest I've dated thus far was like 5'10 ish.

and for me being a girl and 6'4'' tall, it was definitely a burden growing up, for some reason guys were intimidated by my height.

What Guys Said 0