• Ask
  • myTake

What exactly does it mean for a girl to be "stuck up"? would you date a girl like this?

people seem to throw this around casually. sometimes it even seems like women who are confident and know what they want are perceived to be stuck up.... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well, I think you sound a bit stuck-up with how you use the label "prep" or "preppy". By saying "he's definitely not preppy" you might as well be saying, "he's definitely not part of my caste". It's silly and immature to be using labels such as prep/jock/nerd/etc at your age for pity's sake anyway.To put people under labels is a toxic thing to do because in a way it denies the very notion that people can be unique individuals. What kind of a person describes people as a "new breed"? So here's how I see the situation with this guy: You two had some mutual attraction. Had some disagreements and made out a couple times. During which time there was a party and some time around then, he loses interest in you because he doesn't like arguing with you. You get mad because he loses interest. You demand to know what the deal is with him through nagging. (You shouldn't nag a man, it's disrespectful)He got mad because you nagged him. He told you he didn't want to date someone who is a stuck up b*tch. From what you've written, I have come to deduce that you are a modern-day version of a classist. Then you nag him and insult him more all the while declaring your "class" status ("he doesn't want to date the PREPPY girl") which to any mature adult is laughable. So my dear, I'm sorry to say, you are a bit of a princess.My overall advice: Learn to listen to people's life stories and stop using labels.

What's Your Opinion?

Add your opinion...

0/2000

What Guys Said 2

• the word "stuck up" to me means that you have a nasty attitude. Like this one time when I was at a bar. This girl almost slip and hit the floor, so I quickly grab and ask if she was okay. She turned and looked at me and said "don't ever f****** touch". I tried to help her out lol. that is what I consider "stuck-up". You can help me out on my question link

• i'm fortunate enough to not be ignored by most girls who people consider "stuck up". I used to get ignored though so I get why people don't like them. very rarely will a girl be a stuck up bitch to me like that. I think you already know what I means...stuck up girls only talk to people who they think are important enough or worthwhile. it annoys/offends other people (they shouldn't care anyway though).

What Girls Said 3

• anyone who intimidates them is called stuck up

• you know what. the real definition of a stuck up person is someone who thinks they are better than others and treats people condescendingly like certain people are below them. they are arrogant and judgmental. but I do agree that a lot of times if a woman is simply confident and likes herself and respects herself, people will call her "stuck up" because they are mad that they can't control her.

What They Said On Facebook