What does it mean when a guy drunk texts you?

This guy constantly texts me when he's drunk, at 2-3 in the morning, typically says one of the following:

"I wish I was with you"

"I really think we should be together"

"I really like you"

etc.

I always respond, "You're drunk, have a good time, we'll talk in the morning." But the next morning he'll act like everything's normal. While we did confess to liking each other a while back, nothing came out of it (the guy never made a move). At this point I would consider us friends, but there is still definite tension between us. He also recently told our mutual friend that he wants a relationship.

What on earth does all this mean? If the guy genuinely likes me, why wouldn't he follow through the next morning?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, he's not following through when he is not drunk because he is really shy and afraid of rejection.

When you're drunk, it lowers your judgment and inhibitions. So in a way, the real you comes out when you are drunk. Your real base feelings, emotions and desires. This is why you want to stay away from anyone who is an angry drunk.

So he has told you he wants a relationship, at least when he's drunk, and he has told your mutual friend. I would believe that this is the truth.

He's just not following through when he's sober because he really likes you so much that it would crush him really bad if you said you weren't interested. He's basically crazy in love with you.

If you like him and want him to ask you out when he's not drunk, just tell him that it would be OK if he called you sometime to make plans to go out on a date. That should give him enough confidence to then follow through and call you to set something up, if he doesn't ask you out right then on the spot immediately after you say that.

Good luck!

• Great advice!

• Agree with this After somewhere over 10 beers I only hugged a girl when she left tho... And when I drink a lot I can barely text if at all

What Guys Said 2

• Typically texting a girl this late would be seeking a hookup, it's quite possible he is drunk and texting you because he thought of you. At the very least, he's interested.

If he isn't following through the next day he either only wanted a hookup or doesn't think you're interested as well. He's trying to act normal because he hopes what he's said hasn't weirded you out or something.

• He's so nervy when it comes to making a move (physically), I don't know if he would be able to pull off a hookup. It took him about a month to work up the nerves to kiss me (back when we were still "seeing" each other) - and even then, nothing more than that.

• He is embarrassed, and probably doesn't remember what he did at night.

What Girls Said 2

• i have a similar problem except me and the boy used to have a thing. its been over a year since we were an item and now lately he's been texting me when he's drunk saying "i miss youu" "miss you more" "when are we gonna hang out I miss having fun with you" "i wanna see youu" "i wish I was with you" all things like that and its so weird usually I'm drunk at the same time and in the morning I look at the texts lol and when I texted him in the morning I was like drunk text much last night he was like nahh all from the heart :) and I was so confused... people always say drunken actions are sober thoughts but I don't know if we should consider these cause just like you nothing has gone further during sober times. I'm stuck in the same situation sorryy I couldn't help

• I would give you the same advice, that if If you like him and want him to ask you out when he's not drunk, just tell him (when you are sober) that it would be OK if he called you sometime to make plans to go out on a date. If he doesn't follow up when he's sober after that, then he really isn't interested.

• Because he's shy. This has "shy, nervous dude" written all over it. Why don't you just talk to him about it? If he wants a relationship, bring it up.