Is it okay to text a guy to confirm a date for tomorrow night?

I had a wonderful first date with a guy I met last week from a dating website. He sent me a text the next day and asked me out for tomorrow. We talked on the phone once but the call got disconnected ( my battery died). Is it OK if I text him tomorrow to see if we're still on for tomorrow night or am I being overly anxious? I don't want to seem desperate and I really like him. I hear all the time how men love the chase. Don't wanna chase him!

I should also add that I signed on the dating websight and he has been on there every day since our date. Sometimes 2-3 times aday! I know it's only been one date and I'm not upset that he's keeping his options open but maybe he set another date for tomorrow.
Well, I did text to confirm and I got stood up anyway! When I text him he said he forgot he had a X-mas party to go to but it will get done around 10 and if it's OK we can still get together. I told him it's not too late and to call me when he 's on his way and that I may have him meet me out. I ended up staying home and I even started getting ready, but he never called! So rude. Being stood up is the worst feeling. Now I wish I didn't even text him to confirm.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's okay to confirm. It doesn't look desperate, just follow your confirmation text with a "I like to be on top of things" text. This way he thinks you are just someone who like to have things in stone so you don't waste your time. It'll look like, if he doesn't confirm you have other things you can do and your schedule doesn't revolve around him, but you still look interested too.

• @update: Don't look too much into that. Just don't give him the goodies right away. I know a few guys who went on match.com just to get laid. Be sure he actually wants a relationship before you give it up too soon. Unless, that is what you want of course.

• Haha..I always change the name of ***holes in my contacts. Its a reminder to myself later how pi**ed off he made me and to not get weak. At least I'm glad that he text me. Not that I'm going to answer him back but I know the best revenge is to ignore someone like that.

• Changing the contact name is a good idea. I support your decision.

What Guys Said 4

• Given that he initiated the date via text, then of course it is just fine to confirm the same way.

It's not like you are calling him 9 times a day or anything. A simple text to confirm is totally normal, and not at all desparate or clingy.

• Go ahead and confirm. Also feel free to set up dates with other guys. You're not a couple yet.

• fine with me

• It's never okay to text. Don't wimp out. Call by VOICE.

What Girls Said 2

• One of the best lessons I have learned in life..."Never try and date someone who FORGOT they were suppose to spend time with you."You made the mistake of accepting his makeshift date.He was trying to "fit you in" and you allowed him to which is disrepectful so it's almost no surprise he stood you up. You kiinda walked into that yourself. :(

• Honestly I didn't see this coming at all. He said he forgot about the Christmas party not about me. I told him we can get together another time but he assured me he didn't want to stay at this party. I really don't see what I did wrong. I already feel bad for being stood up but you're making me feel worst. It's bad enough to get stood up. I don't chase guys, I don't call guys and I usually don't text to confirm.

• I'm old enough to know that even if you play all your cards right, people are not always going to play nice. The only thing I feel I shouldn't have done was to text him to confirm. Because I gave him a chance and even mentioned to him lets do it another night. If it wasn't for that, he probably would have never called to confirm and I would have made other plans. The last thing I'm going to do now is to start telling myself I should've seen it coming and blame myself. He is the LOSER period.

• well good for you,good luck.

• Text and confirm.