What to do about my attraction to an unambitious guy?

The guy I am dating is probably one of the most unambitious guys I know. He works at a minimum wage job and never finished school. He is sweet and has a lot of heart, but doesn't want to move forward in his life. I am accomplished for my age and my parents don't like it that I am with this guy. I like him, but I can't help being conflicted because of the lack of ambition I see in him that is so dominant in me. Should I listen to my parents and end the relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends if you are looking for something long term. Do you see yourself being able to build a family with him? Also, he might need some encouragement. Behind every great man is a supportive woman. Tell him you think he has a lot of potential and you just want him to realize that potential.

What Guys Said 1

• so why is this attractive? I see this often. I am not sure if it because a guy that is ambitious/driven is threatening, or girls just want sweetness. you need to decide what you want but this is more common than I would have thought.

What Girls Said 3

• Could it be that in him you see someone easily controllable? Or perhaps he offers safety, someone who can't hurt you.

• I think it's best to end the relationship , he may just drag you down with him. Break up with him now before things go deeper between you two.

• Yes you should..I honestly don't think he's going to change and you can't make him till he wants to which could take a really long time.It sounsd like you know the whole sitatuion at hand and he's just going to hold you down.