Older women with younger men.

Women, would you marry a younger man?

Men, would you marry an older woman?

• I'm a woman, and I would marry a younger man.
  • I'm a woman, and I wouldn't marry a younger man.
  • I'm a man, and I would marry an older woman.
  • I'm a man, and I wouldn't marry an older woman.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wife is 5 years older then me.

What Girls Said 40

• It would depend on his maturity level and what we have in common. There's a certain level of physiology that comes into play here. Since a woman hits her sexual prime in her 40s which is about the time men start to go limp, then it's not surprising a woman would want a younger man.

• For me, I would marry a younger man, Not all younger man are immature/childish. Most of the guys I dated was younger than me for a year or 2. And I felt like we both have the power to control everything because he is not that superior to me. It is also an advantage because when your partner is young, you got to stay young always too:) Sometimes, when guys are older, they always think that they have the ability to control in a relationship. But is is nice though to be cared by an older lover because of security. :)

• I'd go for an older man or one my age first if I were to choose based only on age. If he's my age, he most likely understands my life situation more (work and school, etc). If he's older, he still does, and has been there. He's probably already achieved some of his goals and can help support me through the rough times while I'm working toward mine. When a guy is younger, he hasn't has the same experiences and might not understand my whole point of view, and he's most likely still immature and needs to grow up and learn what he wants in life and in a romantic partner.

• My husband is 3 years older than me, and I think that is perfect. I never dated anyone younger than me.. something about it just never seemed right to me. It's the greatest thing to find a man, who is secure, responsible, self sufficient, has a great job, and who has got his single party days out of his system. :)

• If he was like no more than 3 years younger than me, maybe if he was mature. He'd have to have gotten all his player I wanna f*** every girl in the world out of his system by the time he met me though. So no late bloomers, and guys who were shy and quiet in his youth. He'd have to be a former player who's ready to settle down. I'm not trying to deal with the seven year itch from him

• I would marry a younger man but only by a few years because of maturity levels and I'd feel insecure about him hanging out with younger more youthful looking girls if there was a big age difference.

• hmmm...i once dated a guy 3 years younger than me. he was sweet and really great, but emotionally, he was very weak/vulnerable. he'd get insecure and emotional about the slightest things and I'd end up spend most of my time assuring him all was well. though I still like him to this day, I think I'm better off with my own age or older. less chance of dealing with emotional immaturity :)

• Depends on how much younger. I draw the line on 8 years younger.

• I'm a 28 year old woman who is 10 years older than her boyfriend. I'm actually about to move in with him today. We do plan on being married. I love younger men. However, this is the youngest I've ever been with. I think its more logical for a older woman to be with a younger man. Especially the sexual aspect of it.

• How much younger? I would not go more than 5 years younger because then experiences and maturity are too different (in my opinion).

• once I'm in my 20's-probably. I'm always a bit freaked out by guys being older OR younger than me even if it's a 1-2 year difference for some reason-so I'd probably avoid relationships like that,but if I did fall in love-sure,as long as he's over 18.

• um. I suppose it depends on what age really. I mean sure why not but it all depends on the age.

• I've never been with someone younger than me so I can't really say. I tend to be attracted to older guys, something like 5 or so years older than me. I don't think I would marry a younger guy though.

• im two years older than my boyfriend, I'm fine with it as long as the gap isn't so big that it makes our differences too great. I wouldn't go more than a few years younger.

• If I love someone I love them older or younger. Maybe a huge difference could put us with different priorities. Love is Love!

• not getting married, but id date a younger guy. guy I'm with acts like a 6 year old, often. So, I'm getting good practice.. (Obviously id never go below 18, chronologically.)

• lol "age is just a number"

If I love the guy age wouldn't really matter.

• I would go one year younger and that's about it lol.

• I wouldn't feel right...I'm not trying to be stereotypical but I'd always imagined the man is older than the woman...just how it seems right when a man should be taller than you :/

• my boyfriend is one year younger than me, :)

• i have been married to the younger "man" didn't work, he ended up not bein mature enough to handle "responsibilities"

• Sure, as long as the statutory law wasn't violated. x D

• depending how much younger

but age is all relative in my opinion

you can be a teenager for your whole life

• No, I would never marry a younger man.

• Absolutely yes!

• IHe cannot be no more then 3-5 years younger then me.

• yes I would marry a younger guy... because I'm also very young in my brain and I like some one to have fun with... but not too young... but then again older guys are SOOO HOTT

• Yep, but not that much younger. Maybe 7-10 years, no more.

• Sure, why not.

• Yes would definitely go younger and always do - my ex husband was 7 years younger!

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 23

• I have dated older women before, and they have a problem respecting a younger man as a equal. Also women often see a difference of interest, as a sign of immaturity even though, having a different interest has nothing to do with maturity. This adds to the disrespect older women show younger men.

I would never consider a woman even slightly older than me again. A relationship can not work without respect.

• Not even a girl, say, six months to a year older than you?

• Nope. I think the odds of me finding a woman even slightly older that can respect a younger man are almost zero. I don't know any younger guys that it has worked out for.

• If you are talking about a couple of years at the point where you want to get married, it probably won't make a difference to most people. When you start talking about large age differences, more people will say NO because of differences in maturities, lifestlyles, careers, desire for children, etc.

• A year or two older or younger isn't really an issue, in my opinion, and hasn't really affected too many relationships. However, I find that more girls that are older than me tend to treat me like a younger brother, and that is a huge turn off. That's why I tend to only go for girls younger than me. I don't understand everyone's "Age doesn't matter" nonsense. I don't see anyone with 50 years difference in age. Apparently age matters to some people or else there'd be some 20 year olds with some 70 year olds. Age must matter some. Lol

• Not to me I stopped really caring about age if I love the person should age really matter?

• It doesn't, but legally it still can. On a latter note, would you really be interested in a 80 year old? How many people have you dated that have been within five years of your age? When you get down to it, age does matter to you (unless you're cool with the 80 year olds, then I guess this doesn't apply to you) but you just have a certain range of ages that you're comfortable with. It could be the same age to 10 years older or younger. It'd be a bit of a stretch to go older/younger than that.

• I learned all about things from an older woman...but marrying her, that would have been silly.

Plus, she was married already!

• There's going to be zero attraction to a woman older than myself, so the answer is no. Not to mention, if I wanted children, I prefer to have them with a young wife, not an older one.

• I'm not sure why so many people are commenting that they don't care about age. If asked for a show of hands how many people here were dating 80 year olds there probably wouldn't be any hands. Obviously age matters some to people still. It's just that there is a certain range of age differences that they are comfortable with.

• Yes I would, if and only if she was 10 or 20 years older then me but below 60. I find them more intelligent then their younger generation.

• You know I think that's true like I'm almost 20 but my sister is much older and I'm not going to lie I'm like not the brightest girl ... The things I don't know amaze me but my sister is so damn smart -_-

• So you only date older women or you date both older and younger?

• I wouldn't marry a younger man, but I might marry an older woman.

• yeah my girlfriend is two years older than me :)

• I've gone older and younger than me. I suppose if there's love, it really doesn't matter.

Why would you "make it official" though? Marriage is not necessary. I know the Christians among you won't like this but I don't care. My girlfriend is a catholic and I'm atheist.

• I don't care about age.

• Marry? No. F***? Yes.

• Certainly, although I want to have kids someday (I'm 28), so are we talking a smallish age gap like 13 years or a large one like 41 years?

• I will marry an older women depending on the situation.But most likely I won't do so.

• You people who voted for older women proly want their life insurance lol

I wouldn't date an older women. That doesn't fit right with me somehow. I would prefer her to be my age or very near my age.

• haha life insurance he said older not grandma status...but yeah I would rather have someone my age or around my age I think I lean more towards older because I'm too young to go younger...younger than 22 would be teenager I try not to gravitate out of the 20's age bracket.

• Oldest woman I was with was 30 years my senior. It was mainly about the sex for me. She was beautiful. :D

• I am man and I would marry older woman

• I LOVE the way that they young women look at me. They get close to me...like in a store...and seem to dare me to talk to them. Makes me crazy hot

• For a long term relationship/ marriage I would prefer someone younger.

• Maybe by a couple of years.

• Well I am 10 years younger than her it was great for a wile she's in great shape but she went through that time of life change now its separate bedrooms no sex and she acts like I am one of her kids!

• 10 to 20 years ago I would of married an older woman but now I would not

• when I was 18, I wanted a 25 yr. old..for her maturity and her sexual desires

now that I'm much older, I want a 25 yr. old for her zest for life and her sexual desires...hmmm, funny how that works