Is it wrong for me to get uncomfortable with my girlfriend going clubbing?

Okay, so My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost a full year now. She is the love of my life and I can be a very jealous boyfriend at times. I think I got this way from some things that have happened while we were dating. Okay to shed some light on the situation, my girl is a mega lightweight... we are talking 3 shots and she's heavy buzzed, 5 and she's drunk and 7 she is borderline ER stomach pump. We normally party at my house so I can take her up to go to bed when she's too far gone and I can take care of her when stuff gets scary. We went clubbing and everything was going fine, she's very independent and has been dancing all her life so she doesn't like to dance with me the whole time and she goes off and does her own thing. That is something I am totally fine with but what I am not fine with is when she is drunk at the club and the guys start giving her too much extra attention. Well this happened when she was somewhere between 5 and 6 shots deep so she was pretty drunk. Some guys were dancing really well and they started doing move for move stuff and after a while I looked over and she was gone... I looked around the club and saw the guys and her moving towards the door. I walked over and grabbed her hand and said"come dance with me!" she said that they were just moving to a different area on the floor to dance, as I was listening the guys made their way towards the door. My thoughts were they were trying to take her to some more "partying." this happened a while ago but I think it sparked my jealousy into over drive. Is this something I should talk to her about? If so, can you help me out with what to say?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with everyone else about talking to her about her drinking and knowing her drinking limits. I think it's really sweet and applaud you for being a protective boyfriend in that situation, because if she is really drunk someone needs to look after her. However, I don't think dancing with a guy/guys at a club is bad. I prefer bars to clubs anyway, but I have gone to a couple for birthdays and such. My husband doesn't mind, and I generally stick with my group of girls anyway. So if she sticks to one to 2 drinks, then I think it's fine.

What Girls Said 4

• hmm, I can see where you are coming from. I wouldn't want my boyfriend to be dancing with some random girl.

You can't really control your girlfriend, and say she can't go clubbing. It wouldn't hurt to have a friend of hers to 'keep an eye' on her, so your girlfriend doesn't get out of hand.

But seriously your girlfriend needs to get herself together, she should know her limit by now. Just tell her to control herself, and drink responsibly.

• I am sorry sayind that, but maybe you should consider talking to her, serioulsy. Tell het what and How you feel. I am pretty sure this advice will be the best and You will know If She is just don't like the way you dance, or If She doesn't like you. Hope you are great.

• If you are concerned about your SO's drinking habits, it's definitely something you guys need to talk about. Be sure NOT to be accusatory, but be firm and press that it's very important to you that you talk. She's obviously putting herself at risk if she's getting drunk like that and it's something you should address.

If my SO was like this, I would also be concerned if they were clubbing.

• i agree with sephora, you should ask her friends to keep and eye on her.

But you should seriously talk about her drinking habits.

What Guys Said 1

• She sounds like she can't handle herself. It sounds like this is a disaster in the making. You can't be with her every time she goes out and you should be focusing more on your relationship instead of having to babysit her. It's time for her to either stop clubbing like she's single, or maybe you should start looking for a new girlfriend. My honest opinion is that it's only a matter of time before some other guy takes advantage of her. It's probably better to lay it all on the line now and if she's not prepared to be completely yours and chill on the partying then you'll know it's time to move on. Good luck bro.