Guys, would you invite a girl to your apartment on the first date? If so, what are your intentions?

First off, I was in a long term relationship with a guy who would never do anything to make me uncomfortable. Espeacially, in the early stage of dating. Our relationship did not work out and I am dating again. The first guy I start talking to suggested we go back to his apartment and watch "movies". This made me very uncomfortable. I did not know this man very well and I was not going to step foot into his apartment. I don't move that fast. I think he was trying to get laid and he had no intention of getting to know me as a person. Kind of hurts my feelings. Would you ever do this to a girl? Spend a week talking to her and then strongly suggest we go to your apartment after our date? Just curious about what other single guys think...

Most Helpful Guy

• Watching a movie at someone's place means having sex, no matter who says otherwise. Never go to someone's place if you're not gonna have sex. Some girls are comfortable with it, others are not. Girls have the right to be sexual just like guys.

If you don't want to though, just say no and the rest is gonna work out. If that's all he was after, he'll probably start chatting with another girl. If he is still into you, he'll stay with you. I've had sex with girls who did not want a relationship. They're perfectly fine people who would never view themselves as "something less" just because they had sex with a stranger.

What Guys Said 5

• Going to his apartment to watch movies on the first date is an invitation for sex. If you went inside, he'd probably try to get you in the sack. If you have no intention of putting out, don't go in, or you risk an awkward departure.

It's rare a guy will ask that on a first date. Maybe at a club, after boozing, where it's pretty obvious you're not going to watch a movie. But it's not uncommon for the guy to ask after the 3-4th date. Especially when you're 30-35, unless you're a prude, older women give into sex much more easily than younger girls. They've been there, done that, and realize sex is a quick way to get into a relationship, if you like the guy.

I've tried the movie question a few times on the 3rd or 4th date. The girl said yes. Now she's my wife.

• One reason I gave up formal dating is that, under the rules that apply, you can't do this sort of thing, since it implies you want to have sex and normally, that's not in the cards on a first date.

I preferred meeting girls in less structured ways..so if we hit it off, there wasn't any unwritten rule about not taking her to my place.

I wasn't that I necessarily was hoping to have sex; it's just that I wanted her to get to know me in my normal environment, not in some candlelit restaurant.

• I would, but not for sex but to show off my cooking skill's, in fact we would cook together on the first date. But it's hard to find a women willing to go to your house on the first date, which I understand as her not knowing me plus too many men take advantage of women just to get in bed together making a girl scared to go to his house on the first date.

• Sex.

• Of course he's looking for some action...maybe not all the way but something for sure.

What Girls Said 2

• the guy just wants to have sex with you if he asks you to go to his place on the very 1st date - he's not looking for an actual girlfriend - just wants a hook up/ fun time

• There are many such guys around, so have to be careful. I agreed with meowcow that he wanted more than just movies. if you are not comfortable then please don't go to his house.