Why are girls so bad at texting?

Girls are famous for the 1-3 word responses. What goes through their heads? I mean I'm a paragraph texter, and take my time writing something.

Well, its not that I am texting a girl that I'm interested in. Its almost all my female friends who I text, are really bad at texting. And this applies to the professional level with my female co workers (I prefer texting than emailing).

Ive only met a couple of girls that are good at texting. My best friend (female) is a 12th grade teacher and she texts me pages. My other female friend who likes to write stories, texts me pages also.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why are girls so bad at texting?

I don't think gals are so bad at texting considering how many I see texting at such fast speeds for lengthy lengthy posts. It seems more like plenty of guys are complaining about curt responses from gals with no to little interest in them.

What goes through their heads?

Possibly for the gals giving 1-3 word responses what's going through their heads is 'this conversation is boring but let me humor him', and/or hopefully he'll get the message I don't want to really talk to him if I keep this short'.

What Girls Said 15

• Hint: they're not into you (either romantically or platonically), or they're just bad at texting. Girls who are truly into you probably will make the effort to type out longer texts (but that also depends on whether they're shy or not).

Maybe try talking face to face with them. I prefer that over texting. If not, give them a call. Far more personal. Anyone can text, but not many people actually take the time to make a call.

• The girls you're talking about are probably not interested in a guy, who generalizes an entire gender based on a few poor experiences.

Good for them.

• They're generally not good things...but better than a 3 part message when you piss her off and she wants to give you a piece of her mind.

Usually when I send short messages to a guy it's because I don't really know that much about him and/or don't really like him yet. Girls take their time to fall for a guy and at the beginning of the flirtation you're just another guy who sends her messages. And it's so tedious to have conversations based around formalities with a guy you don't even know if you're interested in yet. You may be the guy she's most in to but she's so bored of texting the other guys that want to keep in contact even though they know she's not interested in a physical relationship with them.

• How well do you know your female coworkers? If y'all don't talk much they may not be comfortable texting u. Email is still the most professional way to write, even though its a pain sometimes. Also, you might want to make it clear you're not trying to date them. Its kinda funny, usually the girls are better than guys at texting, at least in my opinion

• I despise texting, especially in my age range-I think our age should do it old school and more face to face then texting. So I will point blank tell a man that I am not into texting. If we are already in a relationship and we text simple things, fine--but I am not about ready to have a conversation by text or a relationship that way.

• Not ALL girls are bad at texting :P Maybe some are shy and don't know what to say. No need to attack them about it (In fact that'll make it worse). For me, it depends on what we are talking about. If you are talking about a subject that interests me or a subject I know about, I'll write a lot (If I feel like it haha). If you are talking about a subject that I don't know about, makes me feel awkward (Which I hope would never happen), Or that disinterests me, I won't write alot. Basically, I write whatever I feel. I could care less about what people think.

• Are you serious? Maybe the girl isn't interested in you or something because I used to experience the opposite.It can make me feel like they weren't interested but then during the meet up they acted all different.So I know it probably a 'guy' thing.

• Its not about interest lol. It happens on the professional level with my female co workers. Texting is more efficient than emailing.

• girls aren't bad at texting, guys are.

girls that gives you 1-3 words responses are most likely not interested.

• uh-oh...girls are actually the ones who hates short texts or answers.I won't take much of your time but I really think any of the girls you text are comfortable around you.

• It depends on a lot of things. I'm able to send a long text but I'm not a text person. I'd rather talk with the person for real. I don't feel like it's a way to have a conversation but more of a way to set a moment to see the person.

• I'm not much of a texter anymore. That's one of the reasons why I'm short when it comes to text messaging OR I'm just not interested in you.

• have you ever texted a boy? boys suck at texting,it's all ''so...what are you wearing haha lol xD''

• Dunno,but I'm like you-I love to write.

• I send long messages... Usually if I'm being short there's a reason for it.

• If its a guy I like... well no it depends on the conversation yeh know.

What Guys Said 3

• I feel this is because they may be either:

*busy doing other things

*not like texting but respond to not be rude

*may be texting many people at once; personally I notice that my texting responses get shorter and shorter the more conversation I'm juggling

• For a 97 year old you are pretty good at texting and having a grasp on the latest technology ...but those girls are not interested

• and girls themselves complain all the time about a guy not texting them. when they get one they complain about it.