Guys : Are you annoyed by handsome men who date plain janes ? ( I am)

Examples

link

link

link

1.I think not dating in your looks class, upsets the balance of what other guys can obtain in the meat market. Every average girl taken by a better-looking guy is one less girl available to the average guys.

2.It's a bad influence on other women. Other girls looking at couples like that might think " Well if she could get a hot guy surely I could too" even if they themselves aren't all that .

3. Relationship like that usually do not last long but they happen Because men are not picky for short term. When ( not if )guy dumps the girl she is already delude about her own level of attractiveness " I dated hot guy so I must be hot as well " And she won't give a chance to a guy on her looks level.

I think we as a society would be better off if good looking men were in long term relationships with hot women rather then having series of flings with plain Janes .

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are not as shallow as women are.

What Girls Said 8

• Guy in picture #1 is hot? Okay lol

I know you asked guys, but I'm not annoyed by it. More than likely she is compensating for her looks. She probably has A1 credit and lets him live rent free.

I do think people should date within their looks class for the most part. I don't know it just doesn't seem right. That being said I have dated an ugly guy and I am cute. His swag and charm is what got me, but I don't see myself doing that again unless it was him.

• No I'm not annoyed by handsome men who date plain janes. You sound like a very insecure guy. Stop caring so much.

• What in the world... lol get over yourself. No one cares. Like people can be with whoever the hell they want to be with. Nice going anonymous by the way lol

• Also, someone who you think is unattractive could be someone who another thinks IS attractive. Everyone has their preference

• maybe you should focus on your own life if silly things like this annoy you.

• Hmm why should you care whoever they choose to go out with? it's NOT like they 'belong' to you. hahaha. There are good women out everywhere whether they're hot or just average on the outside.

• Um in those pics the couples look cute together

• Like randy orton? No that's cool if some guys don't care that much about looks.

• WAWAWA ya moan and bitch cause you can't get a hot woman now ya moan cause a hot guy date a plain jane? If the hot guy goes for the plain jane isn't that one more hot girl for you to try for.

What Guys Said 11

• Looks aren't everything. I would hope a guy would go out with an "average" looking girl instead of a "super hot babe" who is self entitled. I typically find that girls who focus way too much on appearance tend to demand a whole lot more of a guy in a relationship while providing little to nothing to it other than spreading her legs thinking it's a "privilege" to have sex with her when she doesn't even do anything in the sack(basically being shit in bed).

Honestly... after a certain point, any further physical attraction is practically a placebo to me. I don't focus on crazy things like rack size and butt shape. The only thing that prevents me from being physically attracted to someone is excess weight. My preferences won't be the same for the next guy though. So those girls who you think are "ugly" are beautiful to the person with them and that's honestly all that matters. It's their relationship, and if they're happy, who cares what other people have to say?

• First of qll, girl in link #1 might actually be quite attractive in real life. I would need to see more photos.

"Every average girl taken by a better-looking guy is one less girl available to the average guys."

For every good looking guy dating average looking girl, there is a good looking girl who is left dating an average looking guy. I don't see how this negatively affects average looking guys.

"Other girls looking at couples like that might think 'well if she could get a hot guy surely I could too' even if they themselves aren't all that."

If those girls, in your opinion, "aren't all that", then you don't sound like you are really into them anyways, so what difference does it make to you who they date?

"When [the] guy dumps the girl, she is already deluded about her own level of attractiveness: 'I dated hot guy, so I must be hot as well' - and she won't give a chance to a guy on her looks level."

Then she sounds conceited and wouldn't be a good fit with you anyways. Let her ask out other good looking guys and get rejected left and right until her ego shrinks down to normal size.

"I think we as a society would be better off if good looking men were in long term relationships with hot women rather then having series of flings with plain Janes."

I think we as a society would be better off if those hot women were actively chasing me, but that's just my own (unbiased) opinion. In reality, society would be better off if you stopped caring about who average looking girls are dating, and, instead, focused on making your best effort at attracting and dating the best girl for you.

• 1) It improves average guy's position, because one average girl and one -hot- guy have been removed. So now the remaining hot women have to compete more for average guys. There are other factors of course ...

2) I suppose this might be the case, but I don't think this is the driving factor. I think a fair number of women do overestimate what they can 'get', but the driver isn't other women getting hot guys, its the fact that hot guys try to have sex with them and their friends, and they are bombarded with contact with men. Most of those men want to just have sex of course, and in particular, the guys who are hotter then them probably want to quietly bang them on the side without anyone knowing. However he probably tells her he's just 'too busy for a relationship' and she thinks 'omg I'm so busy with my arts degree too!' and imagines that when they're less busy (you know, when working full time to pay down student loans) that this sort of guy will date them.

3) As you say, men are less picky short term, while women are more picky short term. But this really comes through not with 'dating', but instead with non-monogamous situations - hookups and fwb.

Does it 'bother' me that hot guys bang a whole bunch of average girls via FWB? Well, I'm married, but if I were single, I'd be busting my ass to develop enough game to go with my other traits to make myself an in demand guy and reap the benefits. Sitting around wishing society was different won't help your dating life. As an aside, I suspect it -is- bad for society, but I don't blame the individuals. They are following natural instincts they have always had (we also have instincts to pair off though). Society used to -channel- men to pick one girl and women to only sleep with a guy who committed. You drop that pressure, and you end up with the most in demand guys sleeping with multiple women. I'm not sure if women consider hooking up with a hotter guy then they'd have gotten in the past 'better' (maybe they do, especially given now many work/government can just tax the non-breeding guys and use the money for single mothers). For men, on average, its worse, while its -great- for a few men. I suspect the reason not many cultures have been sexually open is not just birth control related issues, but also because the 'beta' men would rise up, slaughter the guys getting laid, and impose religious fundementalism.

• I couldn't care less what other men do. I zero in on the woman I like regardless of what others do or think.

• You're a little too focused on what good looking guys are doing.

• Have you ever dated a really hot woman!? Some of them can be so high maintenance, all guys deserve a break from them once in a while.

• Yea seriously. Who really wants to go on a date with a girl who spends half the date in the bathroom fixing up makeup that the guy don't even notice and the other half of the date listening to her brag about "how great she is" just to have you foot an expensive dinner bill and her tell you that you're apparently "not good enough for her standards."?

• Hot guys are the same way. They usually have nothing to offer, but looks (and occasionally free alcohol and weed, but that's about it). On the rare occasion that they do have a real talent that's ALL THEY CARE ABOUT. They play soccer? Be prepared to hear about it 24/7. They play an instrument? That's probably all they care about. I'm happy they're not bothering me with all their self centered crap.

• I think you need more things to fill out your day.

• No.. There a a hell of a lot of more things to look for in a girl besides the way she looks...

• i don't care who others date

• Not at all. As long as Casanova stays away from my woman, I could care less. And he'll get to live another day

• No, because women's expectations bear little connection to reality anyway. A woman doesn't have to have dated a hot man to have an overly high view of herself. Most women have been approached. Most women have never been rejected. Therefore, it's not surprising that they have big egos.

What is reality is that, if a hot man chooses an average woman over a hot woman, that hot woman is on the market, which means that I can potentially seduce her.

Therefore, I wish more hot men would choose average women. That said, girls have called me 'hot' too, so perhaps I should follow my own advice, LOL.