3 Actor's That Surprisingly Don't Have Oscars

Let's just get right into this!

Leonardo DiCaprio

Most of you have seen much question about Leo. And some of you were surprised. Rightfully so. I've been a fan of his since he was on Growing Pains. I feel like his role in What's Eating Gilbert Grape was phenomenal. He was nominated for Supporting Actor in that movie. He went on to be nominated 4 more times, 3 for Best Actor and one for Best Picture. And yet he still hasn't won any. Shame.

Will Smith

Next up is Mr. Smith. Another shocker for me. Will Smith is like a box office legend so the fact that he was only nominated twice comes as a huge surprise. He was nominated for his roles in Ali (losing to Denzel Washington for his role in Training Day respectfully), and The Pursuit of Happyness. I think I'm more annoyed by his lack of nominations than anything.

Johnny Depp

Mr. Depp has been nominated 3 times. The movies that he's been nominated for are not my favorites my him. I think he does well in strange roles such as Edward Scissorhands and Alice in Wonderland. He's really seems to get into those roles. For as long as he's been acting, I was surprised that he too hadn't won one.

I'm sure there are plenty more great actors that make the list. These are the 3 that most surprised me tho.

CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 24

• MIND BLOWN

• huh who would have guessed, but I guess it plays some part in who they are going up against, because as great as these actors are, when going up against some of the more legendary actors who are better at their job they won't have much of a chance.

• I have said this before. If they do ever get around to giving these guys an oscar, they might as well give each of them a dozen.

• Life unfair even to celebrities.

• The Oscars are a joke, as they have been for a long time. Read this:

www.cracked.com/.../

• gifrific.com/.../Johnny-Depp-Shock.gif
    gifrific.com/.../...p-Oh-My-God-Benny-and-Joon.gif
    31.media.tumblr.com/...md4vca49G71qlmn4to1_500.gif
    gifrific.com/.../johnny-depp-deal-with-it.gif
    I have the same number of Oscars as Leonardo DiCaprio, Will Smith and Johnny Depp?
    That's amazing!

Oscars needs to fix up!

• did you hear leo just had a son named oscar and the doctor asked would you like to hold oscar and then leo said no say it as we reheared then the doctor said and the oscar goes to leonardo dicaprio

• you forgot Samuel L Jackson his performance in Django and Pulp fiction were awesome

• The actor that plays the life story of leo dicaprio is going to win an oscar.

• The only Oscar worthy performance Leo has given was over 20 years ago, in What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
    The notion that Will Smith deserves an Oscar is laughable.
    Johnny Depp has definitely given some solid performances over the years, but none that are deserving of an Oscar.

• As I work on the novelization/remake of Blood Over Water, I can't help but think back to the film / mini-series from 2009. It probably would have won a Raspberry, if the TV committees of the time knew it existed. I played George Lawence, the killer with the killer sense of humor.

• You forgot me. I'm the guy who played one of the extras in Live Free or Die Hard.

• I agree with Leonardo DiCaprio. But I don't really feel that Will Smith or Johnny Depp has done anything particularly Oscar worthy.

• I felt that Will was great in the P. O. H.

• @spotme i'm saying he has an amazing ability to be a wide range of characters, and that some of the charracters are oscar worthy.
      Jack sparrow for example is one that would have a shot at it (at least during the first films). okay, the movies aren't that good, but the way he plays Jack is in my opinion extremely good. The combination of stereotypical pirate, a good dose of insane sarcasm and humor, and just the very charracter of Jack (like the constant half-drunk movement) makes it worth it in my opinion.

• @dartmaul15 He played some of them really good, some were alright and some were shit. None of them Oscar worthy. In my opinion.

• Oscar is not a big deal..
    THEY DESERVE A BIG NOBEL AWARD!!

• NOW NOW, didn't Leo here get one for Django?

• Not that I know of.

• No, he didn't.

• How do u know?

• Leonardo DiCaprio has been in movies that won best picture though.

• Gary Oldman is better than everyone on this list

• I recommend watching these two YouTube videos:

1. http://bit.ly/1daa1oQ

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVVbi1ILwQ

Matpat, smart and popular guy on YouTube, gives a great explanation on how to win an Oscar.

• Well I've said it in your other question as well, it is not a new thing for actors to get nominated innumerable times and not get an Oscar, Dicaprio is only four at this time, though his role in What's Eating Gilbert Grape was the best and most worthy of an Oscar...
    Other two are just meh... not such great actors, I mean they do give great performances occasionally but they're not consistent like DiCaprio

• DiCaprio is surprising. The other two not so much.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 11

• Leonardo DiCaprio is just to good for the Oscars.

• MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!! I've always wondered why Johnny Depp doesn't have an oscar for the truly amazing actor ans the roles he plays. My heart breaks for Leo every year when he doesn't get an Oscar :'(
    And wow... Will Smith? I didn't know he didn't have one :/
    What's wrong with people?

• Is it Oscar season or are you randomly obsessed with actors getting Oscars lately? ;p

On a serious note, totally surprised J Depp doesn't have an Oscar :o

• I agree 100%. Revolutionary Road, J. Edgar, Blood Diamond, The Great Gatsby, The Departed, The Aviator and still no Oscar. WTF !!
    It's like the Academy purposely snubs Leo.

• I think so too

• Al Pacino got the oscar after getting nominated 7 times and RIchard Burton had 7 noms with no wins, so it isn't that uncommon as it seems

• Seriously why doesn't DiCaprio have an Oscar yet? He was in Titanic and that's like the saddest movie ever! 😖

• I totally agree with all three.. love them.. <3

• johnny depp is very versatile, but I wouldn't consider him that great an actor. and will smith is kinda the same no matter the part.

• All of these really do surprise me. They are all so talented, and look at how many different types of characters they have played, especially Johnny Depp. Pretty crazy.

Also, that image of Leo you chose... I'm in love. xD

• I don't agree with Johnny Depp that much, he's only good at playing quirky/ strange characters. The other two, yeah they do deserve it pretty much. Might I also add Alan Rickman for his portrayal of Snape in the Harry Potter series?

• Wow Johnny Depp looks so beautiful in that picture and Leonardo looks good too

• My current husband Leonardo dicaprio and my future husband johnny depo both deserve oscars. So does will smith !