What does this line mean I'm photograph by Ed Sheeran?

"And if you hurt me, well that's okay baby only words bleed, inside these pages you'll just hold me. "

Most Helpful Girl

• He's the photograph. Its ok if she damages it. Words bleeding is smeared ink in the scrapbook or whatever. That's my guess

What Guys Said 4

• He’s saying even if the relationship ends badly, there once was a time (instilled in a photograph) that they were happy and in love. In the photograph they are holding each other and they will never let go because photos don’t change, even when life does.

According to rap genius 😂☺️

• It means that, even if she hurts him, it's okay because the love catured in the photo (memory) will always remain.

• I honestly don't know. #JustSayin

What Girls Said 3

• Well if you hurt me, that's okay baby only words bleed- words bleed is a common saying. But the thing is, their love isn't united in a poem or a story (made of words) but a photograph. So even of she hurts him only words bleed, but their love doesn't.

Inside these pages you'll just hold me- no matter what happens, on the photograph the girl will always hold him, seeing as photos never change.

• It sounds like he is saying you hurt me like mad.

• He must be talking about him being the book. Words bleed, so whatever is said will scar out or make him be in pain, but all he wants is to be held? I'm not quite sure though, I'm just taking a guess