When a girl calls a guy sweet does that mean he is in the friend zone?

So this girl I have been running with sent me a text after a party that she invited me to that said, " you are just the sweetest guy ever, thanks for coming." Does this mean that I am in the friend zone and have no chance of asking her out on a date? If I am in a friend zone is there a way out?

The reason I question if I am in the friend zone is because she is a very friendly person, not so much a flirt, just friendly towards everyone. she likes to have guy friends more than female friends two of which I do have trouble distinguishing between.
We have also been running together every other day for a week to train for a marathon and she has practically told me her life story, which seems to be her personality too, but to me you just do that with friends/someone you are close to hence confusion
Also on that running her friend has joined us 3 out of the 4 times cause she is running too. This also makes me feel like I am in the friend zone. O and we have only known each other for 3 weeks now.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Not necessarily. Some girls are malicious and sadistic, though.

What Girls Said 25

• i've called both men I've been interested in and not interested in sweet before. I don't differentiate.

• Well..depends. like I have called a guy sweet b4 and I don't lik him that way.Lke I said aw that's really sweet or aw ur sweet.. but realy it depnds oon tehe grls peronalty.

• I would say so I don't call the guys that I like sweet

• the way you describe her I feel like I am very similar because I like guy friends better and I tell a lot of people my life story but I can call either friends or bfs sweet so it depends on the situation. I wouldn't say you are for sure in the friend zone because confiding in someone is not only for friends, its for being close to anyone including relationships

• hmm. not always. but like 8/10 times

• okay, well maybe she is waiting for you to take the first move. I always call guys sweet and that does not mean that they are in the friend zone but is diffrent from girl to girl. but I don't think that it means you are in the freind zone. Just go for it and ask her out

• sometimes girls have a hard time expressing how they really feel about a guy. saying "you're sweet" meant she cares about you. There's no way to tell just by that.

• I agree. I the moment, some people are overcome with their feelings and grab for the first word they think is (1) complimentary and (2) doesn't reveal TOO much about their feelings. "Sweet" or "nice" are the usual cushion words.

• depends on the girl really. I would say a guy was sweet whether I liked him or not, but am more likely to do so if I liked him. That's mainly because I'm fairly shy, so saying a guy was sweet would be my way of indicating I was interested, but if she's outgoing that may not be the case.The thing with the running sounds like a good sign to me. I'd only tell a guy I was interested in my life story. Find out how close of a friend this friend is, if they are really close the girl might be bringing her friend for her approval.

• i'd only say that to a guy I was into ... but gils that are overly bubbly nd ncie and lod to everyone could just say that to everyone, but he fact she made the efort to write to you, I think she has some interest more than friends.. hang out againa nd just be up front , if she says no who cares lest you know , people need to be more opena dn just lay there feelings out there asap so you don't get emotionally hurt and dragged along in confusion or months whn you could be meeting new people and putting your energy on them!

• if its been 3 weeks then even if she sees you as a friend you could get out and save yourself.but to me the sweetest guy could mean either way, either she is flirting with you in her own way, if she's a shy girl. or perhaps she means you re sweet friend. but if I don't know the guy that much I would probably flirt like that just incase to be in the safe zone incase he doesn't like me back.Why don't you try throwing a compliment... tell her she looks cute today or something. or better yet ask her out, be direct! don't waste time worrying if you re in the friend zone or not, cause you will end up there if you don't make a move fast!

• it's all depends on yourand her relationship and of course h way she feel abot you

• for the most part yes... unless she gives you other signs that she is interested!

• I don't know some girls like sweet words like that. It means you are nice. You are very lovely. She basically thought it was nice that you came along to the party and wanted you to know it made her happy.Sweet doesn't always mean friends. It just depends on the girl.

• Yepp. You are in the friend zone. Sorry.For Christmas get her some expensive chocolate and some pretty flowers. Nothing too formal. Say while you're on your jog you run by a flower stand, run ahead or fall behind and say you'll catch up then when you do, you have flowers! TADA! Yeah. Very romantic and if she only thinks of you as a friend this may get her thinking of more ;)Also if it doesn't go well it's easy to recover from. Just get her a silly New Years or birthday card.

• It depends on the gift, you guys. I would definitely avoid the cliche stuff, but if you've been hanging out with her and she specifically stopped at a window or carnival booth to drool over something, It's "sweet" (or thoughtful) to try and get it for her and tells her right off that you like her THAT way, that you're expecting to move off the friends list to the boyfriends list sometime in the near future....

• Nah, no gifts man lol. Might wanna wait until you hear from her that she likes you before you start doin' those types of things.

• No no nooooo don't buy her gifts!!!

• Show Older
  • i think you are friends zone if always you're there for her to cry and take care of her but you don't get the flirting back. if she doesn't flirt with you, likely she doesn't like you or she isn't attracted or she's the shy type.

• It depends on her personality. I honestly tell a guy he's sweet for both reason. it just depends on how she says it? If you were at the party and she spent most the time with you then id say she really likes you. if you didn't see her much at the party because she was mingling then that could be a sign your just friends. its hard to get out of the friends zone. if you try you may lose the whole friendship.

• With girls with that type of personality, sweet can be all kinds of different things. Try seeing if there is a difference between the way she talks to you, looks at you, or smiles at you, and the way she acts around her other guy friends.Honestly I have a lot of guy friends and I wouldn't call them sweet if I only thought of them as a friend unless they just got done giving me some really good advice with something or helped me if I was hurt or something lol.If you ask me, I think she was flirting. :) lol.

• sweet can mean all kinds of things.it could be that she was flirting but didn't think it was appropriate to say "you are the sexiest guy I have ever seen and I want you."so she called you sweet so she wouldn't turn you off if you weren't actually interested in her.

• She obviously is very open. I think sweet can mean a lot of things. It doesn't mean you in the friend zone. girls who are very open like that usually end up liking the guy they spend the most time with. so there's probably a way out. (not that your automatically in) I'm sure after a longer time of knowing her you can find time to hang out w/just her. or go pn a date.

• I think it depends of the girl..Me, when I tell a guy he's sweet it's because I like him :)

• No, it doesn't mean that at all. It's just a compliment. "You're like a brother to me," on the other hand...

• It really depends on the girl. Some girls use sweet as a part of normal everyday use - in which case you may be in the friend zone. (It's kinda hard to tell just from what you've said.) On the other hand, I only tell someone that they're sweet if I like them. As to the other part of your question, if you're in the friend zone, you can get out of the friend zone. The best way is to subtly start to flirt. I say subtle because if she's only looking for friendship you don't want to scare her away before she can tell if she has those kind of feelings for you. Just a word of warning though, if you are in the friend zone, this is going to take patience on your part. For example, if I start to like a guy that I'm friends with it always takes me a lot longer to move to the next step. I think it's because I really have to put thought into whether or not it is worth it to jeopardize the friendship.Hope this helps.

• Sorry I'll finish my comment here..probably be shocked and wondering what she did wrong, becoming interested. Of course, this only works if she likes you, if she?s not responding to this and doesn?t seemed bothered by you acting more distanced, she only sees you as a friend. To be honest girls don?t like the nice guy who is willing to do whatever they want whenever they want, they want the guy they can never fully have, and who doesn?t treat them like a princess.

• She seems to use the term precious a lot for things that most would use cute/nice/sweet, which is why I am confused on the term "sweetest."

• Well is that her personality to say that sort of thing to all her guy friends? In my case I think sweet to be a flirtacious compliment. I guess I always associate sweet with sweetheart, which usually when used in a sincere manner, isn't something you call a lot of people. I never tell a guy he is sweet unless I have some feelings for him. I'd say if you feel like you are in the friend zone, subtly send her some flirtacious signals (not too subtle to the point that she won't notice), and feel it out. Usually you can get a gut instinct as to whether someone is feeling you and being a little friendlier than necessary.

• Hmmm that kind of changes things. I wouldn't associate precious with someone I liked. It seems like the sort of thing you would say to a guy friend. From what I?ve heard you sound like you're in the friend zone. Girls want what they can't have so my advice would be maybe don't give this girl as much attention or notice as you were before. Seem busy and inaccessible. Hanging out with mostly guys, she is probably used to a lot of attention and flirting and by you not giving her that, she will

• See comment above

• you may be in the friend zone but it depends on the girl If it were me saying that to you, you would not be in the only friend zone you would be my friend zone but not necessarily stuck there. does she usually say things like that with all her friends or just you? this is the main question to ask yourself

• It means that she thinks your sweet and thoughtful. I call my guy friends sweet and I also call them "hun" from time to time. She may be a girl who likes to be affectionate with her friends. I think your in the friend zone and it's difficult to get out of the friend zone if your the only one who wants something. Don't come on too strong because girls get freaked out if a friend she doesn't like starts to try to put moves on her. I say you should keep things flirty and playful, joke about the thought of you guys together but make sure you keep the conversations comfortable and not creepy.

What Guys Said 4

• You're doing the right thing - you're being awesome enough that she wants to be around you.Now you must LEAD and ESCALATE. Without being a leader she'll never find you attractive, she'll only find you fun. And without escalating you'll never get to holding hands or that awesome first kiss.Take a chance, and learn something from the situation - you'll kick yourself if you do nothing.Here are 5 easy steps to seduce her: link ~ Robby

• not necessarily.

• It means you are attractive and seriously risking be friended. Make your move soon before its to late.

• There is the potential that you're in the friend zone, but there is also the chance that she's like me and that when se says "sweet" it means she thinks you were "nice and/or cute", but is just a bit shy and doesn't want to come off as too forward. Being sweet is a good thing, don't change that about yourself. Be yourself and the friend zone could become the friendly zone, and maybe potential date. If you don't try you'll never know. Good Luck!