Guys, would it bother you if your girlfriend kissed a guy friend on the cheek?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 5 months and he is a junior in college and I am a freshman. We go to school 5 hours apart from each other and he is very involved in his fraternity. My roommate (who is single) and I were out with some of the frat guys and our other girlfriends here last night and we had all been drinking and someone took a picture of my roommate and I kissing her closest GUY friend on the cheek, which was of course a joke even though people tend to say I'm a bit "flirty"..I feel kind of like bad about it and don't know what to say to my boyfriend. Does anyone have any thoughts? Like, guys would you care if your girlfriend like super jokingly kissed a guy on the cheek? THANKS!

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't like it...she shouldn't be showing physical affection like that to no other guy but me and male family members.

You see it as a simple innocent kiss on the cheek, most guys will see it as giving your affection away to someone else he should exclusively have (since he is your boyfriend).

As I say on this site over the years, if you want to do what you want, stay single.

If you can't refrain from kissing male friends on the cheek to satisfy your boyfriend's emotional relationships needs, then you don't deserve a boyfriend at all. That sacrifice isn't asking much at all IMHO.

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 18

• I think it just sends a bad message in general. You're committed to one guy. That should be it.

I have heard some families kiss each other on the cheek as tradition though so it could depend on the context. As a "joke" though? Some girls can taking joking too far. "We were joking around and just happened to end up naked." Get what I mean? Plus you're drinking, impaired judgment.

• Yes it would hurt me.

• ahhh why? like could you explain to me? it's OK I just want to know and like what I should say to him...because he saw it on twitter but we haven't really talked about it much!

• Because you put your lips on anther man. And it hurts seeing someone you love or care about do something sweet or intimate with anther person, it would hurt me because I think cheek kisses are a sweet gesture and it would just plain hurt me.

• I wouldn't mind especially as its messing around and only on the cheek, on the lips would be a different matter! I'd only get annoyed if my girlfriend didn't tell me about it then I found out by seeing the picture somewhere because then it gives the impression of hiding something.

• Yeah I don't think it's good. Put yourself in his situation.

• In general, depends on the situation - who the guy is, the trust/understanding level my girlfriend and I have, etc.

In your situation? Yeah, I probably wouldn't be too fond of that. But as 1inmillion said, I'm probably some douche who's banging other girls anyway, so it's all gravy!

More from Guys
13

What Girls Said 0