What to Wear this Summer!

Summer is just around the corner and I thought I'd write about some of my favorite must-have pieces of clothing that I always dust off when the sun starts peeking through the clouds.

The floral dressWhat to wear this summer!

You can never go wrong with a floral dress of any kind. It's fun, playful, cute, colorful. It's summer in a dress, literally. You can dress it up with some nice heels and a fancy belt, or dress it down with some boots and a lightweight cardigan or kimono.

Hair bows - as clips or ties

I don't like having my hair in my face when it's hot outside. That's why I like to pull the front of my hair back, and clip it down with a cute bow so that it stays away from my face. Or, I tie it up altogether in a pony tail with a nice hair tie that also has a bow on it. It's a great accessory, and yet another chance to be cute and colorful.

Flats

What's not to like? There are so many different styles, they're so versatile, comfortable, they let your feet breathe... they're perfect for any summer outfit.

Jumpsuits and playsuits

They might not be 100% convenient, but they're fashionable and cute. And although they're basically pants/shorts, they still have a sort of dress vibe to them.

A loose knit cardigan or sweater for those chilly late summer nights

Not entirely sure if it gets too chilly in other countries later in the evening, but it does in Finland. And what's better than cuddling up with a cozy, but not overwhelmingly hot cardigan or sweater? It keeps the mosquitos away too. Somewhat.

A cute headband

Another accessory to spice up your outfit.

Pretty sneakers

Like the flats, they go with pretty much anything.

Metallic temporary tattoos

These are pretty amazing. They're like jewelry!

So, these are some of the things I'll be wearing and using this summer. Do you have any favorites I didn't mention in this list? Comment below :)

lumos is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 25

What Girls Said 29

• awesome take!!! i love floral dresses /flats/jumpsuit/sneakers <3!

• I love what that girl with the cardigan is wearing. I wish I had that style!

• Wedges!! You forgot wedges!

• like and wear everything except the metallic tattoos but they look nice ☆

• I love floral dresses, hair bows, and the metallic temporary tattoos :)

• I like to wear a crop top high waisted shorts converse and knee highs

• I wear a lot of these in the late Spring/Summer. Tank top, short shorts, and sandals are another outfit I wear a lot, especially in August. I also like some of those maxi dresses that have a shorter skirt underneath, then a sheer longer skirt over the top. Also wedges, but I think these are a given haha.

• Thank you :)

• Everything you mentioned is great. I want to try metalic tattoos!

I also like printed pants this year <3
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...a5d76000c4.jpg</a>

• Apart from the temporary tattoos, nothing you've said is new or specific to 2015 spring/summer.

• I never said it was, either... these are just things *I* like to wear in the summer, like I even stated in the actual take.

• Hmm, true there was a disclaimer at the beginning. Your style suits you.

• Thank you :)

• In my school, some people think it's sexist that girls wear dresses on school dress up days...

• Oh jumpsuit/play suits!!! I love them but my partner thinks they are lingerie πŸ˜’ that silly duffler.

I would also like to add to your list (summer hats and sunnies) it's a must!!! Oh hun, can't believe you forgot those!!
    lushtoblush.com/.../2013-04-11_0037.jpg

I also like my nails (toes and fingers) in pastel colours! www.fashiondivadesign.com/.../nails-162.jpg (Obviously all the same colour not like the picture) but you get me :P

Heheh and everything else in your mytake is spot on!!

• love those colors!!

• lmfaoo you need to educate him :D

• Hahaha, it's way to embarrassing of a matter 😂🙈

• absolutely love jumpsuits, playsuits and floral dresses! :)
    love your take! :)

• Rompers, tanks, sneakers, and shorts. Oh don't get me started on the shorts

• I love the general idea of your post, but the items displayed are hideous.

• Aww, and I had such a hard time finding good pics :( that's ok though, thank you anyway.

• Wait don't sound like that!! I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to sound rude. I just wasn't interested in some of the patterns. YOUR POST IS GREAT!!

• Gorgeous :)

• Looks like the '90s are coming back with those rompers.

Love the look. I'll definitely try out the metallic tattoos as well.

• Floral dresses are cute :) i like them too

• I love floral dresses! During hot weather I live in my camis, soffee shorts, and flip flops'

• I'm all in for dresses, although thighs chafing is really annoying!
    But I don't like floral prints,.

• More from Girls
    9