Where have all the real men gone?

Why is it that mens apperance seems to have totally changed?
Why now when I people watch, I seem more men in tight skinny jeans (which might I add aren't very good to your reproductive sytem ya know)... or they seem to use fake tan? "Whats going on there?" Can they not just rub abit of dirt over themselves. ...
I was just wanting to no why men seem to have become worse then some of us women, take longer in the mirror not a hair out of place tight fitted jeans and shirt...

Dont get me wrong... I get and am all for some men like to take care of themselves... but I think u can't beat a guy just come home from work all dirty hair and beard all rough n ready looking

Where have all the normal pair of jeans guys, and nice shirt gone or ever a tracksuit and pair of nice tredz?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 37

• The last generation of Western men disappeared sometime in the late 90s and early 2000s after feminism destroyed male spirit. Many men are waking up to the realities of feminism but it's just the tip of the iceberg that is gynocentrism. Society as a whole is skewed not only to favour women in virtually every regard, but also to disempower and demoralize men.

I think it will take at least another generation before men return to the Western world, if at all. The men of this generation who wake up will not get married or into relationships. It's simply not worth it.

• Am I the only one worried about the awakening of the men being violent?
      I mean, by removing the ability to it happening peacefully you're just forcing violence in their hands.

There are manly men left, just look at the Scandinavian countryside

• Considering that 40% of reported domestic violence is against men and 70% of unreported, I think we should worry about the women more. 80% of suicides are men and this has increased exponentially in the past 10 years. Women are also more mentally violent soo... yeah...

I agree about the Scandinavian countryside though. I think even the German, French, and Latin countrysides are fine. However the virus is going there too and we need to put a stop to it before every single man gets infected in the Western world.

• Real men and tight pants are not really connected.

Tight pants were fashionable for men in the 1700s, early 1900s, fell out in the 1920's, came back in style in th 50's, again in the 60s, in the late 70s among certain fashion groups (non hippie), in the 80's mainstream, fell out in the 90's, and not surprisingly after super baggy pants dominated for a while, came back in fashion again.

And the beards and scruff are now everywhere to an extent not seen since the 70's.

• Gone to the real women.

• Younger girls idolize pretty boys, the pop bands who have the long wavy hair. Young Guys see how (young) girls liked that and try to imitate it. Well some of these men keep these habits until adulthood. Well the thing is most women's preferences change to masculine men. This is my theory I could be wrong.

• We're here. What's your point?
    images.sodahead.com/.../...08_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg
    Do you want more testosterone? Look at him
    cdn.thegloss.com/.../wenn5434885-490x735.jpg
    Still not convinced? Look here
    blogs.ubc.ca/.../Men-Makeup.jpg

• Ladies and gentlemen, this is called confirmation bias. You think this is common because this is what you notice, even though there are a lot of normal looking men around as well.

• and there aren't even categories. there are countless clothes to choose from. every human has unique tastes. although you do one mistake. there is indeed a systematic feminization of men which you seem to ignore.

• I'm guessing she lives in Jersey.

• uk actually

• A minority of men are like this. I find this funny you know...
    You females on one hand complain that you can't find real men and on the other hand once the real man stands in front of you, you either reject him plain and simple or just start to talk bullshit ''I want to stay alone for some time to think... not sure if you're my type... I need time to forget... blah blah blah...''

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L0UOFwZeh8

I am not saying I do what this guy does or that all girls do what the girl does, but this is stereotypical of what the sexes do nowadays. So I don't get what you are talking about! And this whole, "Where did the real men go when they didn't care so much about how they look?", is fucking stupid. Before the 70's guys put in a shit ton of effort in how they looked, and it was, in fact, frowned upon for guys to not care about how they looked because they looked homeless if they didn't, kinda like guys do now.

• I haven't gone anywhere. I've been where I've always been - here.

• So now men can't take care of themselves? Just so that you know, women didn't shave their legs until 1920's or so... so the women we have now aren't real?

The type of person is what defines a man, not how he looks.

• so you want a guy with a... suit?

let me tell you that suits don't make a guy!

• "Real Man"
    What the fuck is a real man? How about you let guys be and dress however the hell they like and stop judging them for it? Just because a guy doesn't want to conform to your standards doesn't mean they should be demeaned for it.

"Be a real man." How about you grow up?

• You might be among 10% of women who likes natural old fashioned men.
    Men are hugely impacted by the choice of women.
    Like there are increasing number of women who don't want hairy guys, or bearded guys who were hot for most women once upon a time.
    But to counter your accusations... I can say that you have limited exposure for observation because most of the guys are rugged, not flashy and simple with their attire... at least in my country...

• Agreed, can't stand it. Case in point, this is a show but there are people like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSPwqV8CNG0

• "real man" is subjective.

• you know what? i was gonna say something else but i agree with you here that the feminization of america is bad.

i m the one you speak of! we exist!

• You mean what they were doing a few years ago until a bunch of women said that was wrong and that they should start wearing fake tan and having those shitty haircuts?

• no man or a woman are judged by what they wear

• Im not judging anyone, im simply stating my own opion, and asking a question of... where have all the men gone, who wear a normal pair of jeans and shirt?
      "No judging there"

• it gets back to the same point
      in fashion there's something overrated, it might hurt the eye so we call the person weird for this
      but why should we doubt his manhood for a piece of clothes he puts on
      seen gays wearing as casual as George Clooney..

• That question would take exactly 61 years to answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl4GWOkvDeM

• I'm pretty much myself. I do have skinny and bootcut jeans but I also have t shirts and plaid shirts and sweatpants. I tan because I'm outside doing yardwork getting dirty.

• Most men don't do that...

• Isn't it exactly what liberals wanted?

• There plenty of us left but all the girls I meet love pretty boys.

• Theyre all on GAG B)

• Real men hm?

Try a different location.

• We're hiding amongst a herd of wild mustangs...

• You'll never see me in tight jeans. Uncomfortable

• do people have to dress how you like.. lolol.

• Lots of men dont do that

• i have a natural tan but evry thing u siad is just bullshit

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know where you are looking but I see more rugged guys then I do skinny jean wearing guys. Maybe you should move

• They have turned into metrosexuals.

• I never seen men wear skinny jeans but I did once see a man wear ugg boots

• They make Men's Ugg Boots. I have some that i use when i go camping for the extremely cold nights.

• I totally agree there is a lack of real men and there are none here on gag

• Dont get me wrong some of those men who wear the skinny jeans and shirts and tje ones with not a hair out of place may be nice men... but I may just be a little old fasioned in the way I see a mans dress sense...

• That^ made me laugh too

• None on GAG? I find that very hard to believe.

• Where are all the real women? Women used to dress a lot nicer too... Have you seen some outfits out there? Tiniest skirt ever, top where her boobs almost fall out and then a pair of trashy heels is what a lot of women seem to like to wear nowadays. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to dress up or wearing skirts, tops or heels but you can dress very nicely without revealing everything. And if you must show off something then pick one thing, if you have good legs then show off your legs.
    I agree, a lot of menhave a weird sense of style nowadays but there are a lot of men out there who have a very good sense of style too.

• I like neat guys. They're still men to me.

• Im not saying there not "men"
      Dont get me wrong they could be nive guys but I must just be a little old fashioned in the way I see a mans dress sense... im not saying anthing bad about it... its just not my type

• Well no you're only 1 year older than me so no its nothing to do with age. Its just personal tastes.
      I refuse to go back to the late 90's early 2000's when the clothes were oversized. I think fitted style and better hygiene should be celebrated. I like that men are mirroring women's care about their appearance.