Why don't men wear sexy underwear?

There seems to be a double standard where guys can get away with wearing cruddy boxers and tighty whities while girls are wearing cute bikinis and thongs. It's kind of a turn off when I'm being intimate with a guy and he pulls down his pants and I find ripped up shorts or ill fitting boxer briefs. Guys why don't you consider wearing something different? Like some sleek looking briefs, James bond style trunks or even a jockstrap? Would any guys ever consider switching if their girlfriend asked?

Why don't men wear sexy underwear?

• Yes I'd wear that
  • No I wouldn't wear that
While the majority of comments were negative, there were positive responses from women to my pole. With that said, it's obvious there are women out there (including me) who like to see men in a sexy pair of briefs. We are just in the minority. And there are guys who are straight and do wear these various styles of underwear. They are just in the minority. Hopefully I find one of these guys!

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it doesn't look sexy on men. Period.

I'd wear it if lots of people would find it sexy... but even the majority of girls don't wanna see it, so nope. I'll stay with my boxer briefs... if I should ever have a girlfriend who wants me to wear them, sure I'd do it but else not

What Guys Said 49

• Here is the deal, I wear underwear of different colors however most of them are briefs, I happen to be short and I have thick thighs so boxers ride up and are not comfortable, bikinis are ok, but they have to fit right and not bind or pinch where they shouldn't, there was one set with straps independent of the rest of the brief which is just uncomfortable, so if I can find "sexy" underwear that is sexy and comfortable then I would wear them, also boxer briefs also ride up on me and are uncomfortable and don't even get me started on g-strings, yes they do make them for men also uncomfortable... sorry.

• It's not necessarily a double standard. Women wear dress, men don't. Is that a double standard? Women do not desire efeminate men. Men do not desire masculine women. I am sorry, but those underwear looked efiminate to me. If you were my girlfriend and asked me to wear that I would probably do it to make you happy. Or at least, I would try it. BUT I would not be comfortable. Not only would I not feel comfortable physically, but I wouldn't feel comfortable as a man. It would feel the same as if you asked me to wear a bra. I would feel a little ridiculous and humiliated. That is what others refered to as gay. Women who wear lingerie feel empowered, beautiful and sexy. Guys who wear "male" lingerie feel the complete opposite. It is part of our differences...

• For me, it's all about comfort. I don't really care about 'fashionable' undergarments. If my future girlfriend/wife asked to change, then I'd do so but only for those special occasions when something is on the cards! ;)

• I've had many exes buy me fancy underwear. In fact, there was a whole 5 year period where I didn't have to buy any underwear for myself.

Anyway... Yes, I'm a convert. Good (expensive) underwear is worth it. Calvin Klein's, in particular, are like a push up bra for our junk. Feels good, looks good, and I can tell by the girl's reaction that it's working for them too.

It works guys. Don't be cheap on this.

• because honestly, that's uncomfortable as hell. and take the first one for example; what if he's too large/hung for it? That will be even more uncomfortable. Besides, it's not like a regular boxer brief would hide anything more.

If you want him in sexy lingerie, go get some for him!

• My goodness, did I ever wander into the wrong question. I haven't even worn underwear since 1987! Go figure.

• First one, uuuuh... maybe.. the other 2 definetly not. But my undies look hot without being that short anyways because they're tight as the first one but are a little longer on the legs and go a little higher on the waist. Kinda like this just not as trained as he is:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8dbc5406f9.jpg

• These are cute! Maybe not included in my examples but these are boxer briefs that are closer to trunks. I find most boxer briefs come down much further on the leg. These are pretty sexy! ;)

• Thats why no girl ever complained about it 😉

• Many men do.

But, men and women are different. Men pay care and attention to other aspects of themselves, because other aspects are what women prioritize. If women were to stop wanting men with great careers or men who are funny and charming, men would have more time and energy to devote to their looks.

• I just feel emasculated 😳. But still I would do that for my girl and just in bedroom, cause I need to keep my balls relaxed can put pressure on them or let them heat! You don't have pair of balls! You don't know! Balls need to be cool, that is why guys always keep their legs apart.

• Probably because males are not considered the " sexy " gender by " society " ...& that's the view of BOTH genders. Women are generally less visual than men , men have to bring far more to the table than just looks to get the attention of any woman , good looks , of course , are a plus. Also the constant man bashing by the " media " always portraying us as stupid , worthless , sex crazed morons , this has an effect too... one reason why I stopped watching TV many years ago.

• There's no way any healthy man's penis can fit in the underwear that you listed. Just imagine where the penis would go if it would be erected. It would probably rip the underwear or go out of it. So hell no, I wouldn't wear them. I think that the underwear that I already have are sexy enough.

• I would only if she asked because those are not very comfortable , I do wear very nice boxer briefs though

• Whatever she wants unless it is annoyingly uncomfortable. Even then I would probably change if she were going to see them.

• uhhh I'm wearing Calvin Kleins right now

• Finally a guy who is secure and confident in his own manliness! Now THAT is a turn on. I am glad you know clothes don't make someone gay.

• I do agree you point out a bit of a double standard going on here

• I have a rule. If you want to wear sexy underwear, you'd better look like a sexy underwear model. This applies to both genders. I'm the human equivalent of a pair of tighty whities, so I wear them.

• That looks extremely uncomfortable and kind of gay. Especially the thong/g-string.

• none of them were a thong or a g-string. Being gay means having sex with someone of the same gender... not what clothes you wear.

• So you wouldn't call a guy wearing pink leather chaps "gay"?

• Not if he wasn't planning on having sex with a man... no I wouldn't. I'd call him risque maybe but again not gay

• Yeah I already switched my ex girlfriend got me into wearing them and I think they are really comfortable way more comfortable than boxers. But i order most of mine off of the internet like eBay since a lot of stores don't carry these kinds underwear. But my wife now did not really like them at first but has no problem with them now. So I'd encourage other guys to wear them because they are comfortable

• I would not wear those because it clearly is uncomfortable for your balls.

• Have you asked men who have proven resistant to wearing these? I would wear pigtails and a skirt if it would make my girlfriend horny more often.

• I wear boxer briefs, boxer trunks and briefs, i prefer briefs over all because i love the feeling of holding everything in place and having less fabric around. My girlfriend find it very sexy to see me in breifs, et enhances my package and shows off my lines better, and i agree!

• Why wear underwear at all?

• "double standard"

Good lord, can you stop with that? I wear the underwear I want because I feel comfortable in it. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on the Internet, and that's saying something.

• Good question... maybe because our "lines" are not as elegant as those of the girls :D

• Its weird and its uncomfortable
    and girls are not constantly staring and trying to see a mans bootie

But guys are constantly constantly trying to see a womans bootie

and also men just dont care

• sounds gay to me

• Women have boyshort cut underwear... when women wear those are they gay? It's basically the same thing in your eyes.

• look. everyone can wear boy short. it is sometimes sexy girls wearing them, but if a guy goes out in a thong that is gay, because of exposing ass is not straight guy's thing...

• one more thing: girls have nice butts. guys have ugly butts. does it make sense?

• When I worked as a stripper I did.

• I wear Calvin Kleins! :P

• I thought women laugh hysterically at guys who wear that. Dont women call guys "pussy ass bitches" for wearing those?

• I think closed-minded women would but are they really worth your time? I wouldn't call a guy that

• I thought all women (depending on the situation) are like that

• why would I wanna wear a sling shot? If I had a girlfriend or wife I would care. I dont.

• If it's comfortable then why not.

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 14

• I think girls in general pull it off a bit better. Correct me if I'm wrong? :P
    i.telegraph.co.uk/.../borat_1781303c.jpg
    (also, I can't imagine a guy wearing something strappy and fairly tight to be too comfortable on his balls and dick in general.)

• OMG this is horrible, oh god why did I open this question, I'm traumatized, they're ridiculous!!!

• Because not all of them would look good in it.

• But not all guys look good in the cruddy old boxers either so what's the difference?

• yeah. especially with big penises. it is too tight for it

• Most however suit boxers more than they suit sexy underwear.

• They look horrible.

• That last picture is ridiculous! I guess in the bedroom for fun they could be cool, but an everyday thing? lol, Women dont even do sexy underwear on a day to day thing. Thongs, g strings are super low in sales. They aren't comfortable. Personally, i prefer him going commando , its easier access for those spontaneous times when we are in public. Just saying. Plus nothing sexier than a man who unbuttons his pants and all I see is penis.. I prefer no underwear at all , that natures sexy underwear!

• I don't think that is as attractive as you think. Every woman has her particular taste.

now tighty whities are a complete turn off, but a well fitted boxer can be sexy as hell :)

• same goes for granny panties

• my ex girlfriend legitimately wore granny panties on the night we went out on a date and when we began having sex I took them off and I looked disgusted. She got really mad. I don't know about what you said. @HookingSwan

• I don't mind anything as long as they are clean and quite new (and not old man y-fronts like my dad & grandad wear!!). I always buy underwear for my boyfriends for birthdays, valentines, or just if I think they need a subtle hint. Most guys are quite good in this department I think - Mens Health, etc. have done them the world of good!!!

• I wouldn't want my guy wearing that...

• the men i know wear nice boxer briefs

• Maybe the lacy stuff if harder to find in the menswear department 😂

• They look better in boxers.

• If a guy has the body so you like the underwear she posted?

• I like Calvin Klein or under armor boxers

• I hope no man ever wears that, I'd kick him out of my bed..

• I have never thought of that. I don't care what he is wearing when I pull down his pants as long as they are not too tight or stained.