What can a lot of mirrors mean?

I just got a house and I've noticed there are mirrors EVERYWHERE. In every single room including the kitchen, and basement, plus the garage. I have also noticed there is a horse shoe in the garage. Mirrors creep me out in general, but this really bothers me. Do you think there maybe something wrong with the house?

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt it. Mirrors reflect light, and using mirrors all over the house is a common design trick to make rooms look bigger and more full of light, especially placed opposite of windows.

Horseshoes are for luck. Where is it? Is it just laying around, or is it hung above the doorway in the garage? A lot of people and cultures still believe in those superstitions. Horseshoes are like, preventative measures in that way. Not like, 'Oh no there's something bad here, better hang up a horseshoe to protect us'.

But I mean like... what are you worried about exactly? Why would that mean there's something wrong with the house? The mirror thing, I kind of understand. I was horrified of mirrors for months when I was a kid because of some movie I saw. But if they bother you that much, why can't you take some of them down? Take down the horseshoe too if it weirds you out.

• Actually since we have moved in here a lot of weird sh*t has happened... Every morning when I wake up all the cubbard doors in the kitchen and open. Last week I had a bag of chips on my night stand and when I got home from work they were in the up stairs hall way. Went to go down stairs ( there is a switch to the down stairs at the top of the steps) and the lights wouldn't turn on. Changed all the bulbs and it still wouldn't work.. After about 10 min they finally worked again. It happened twice!!

• Well don't jump to conclusions about the lights. That could easily just be faulty wiring. As for the rest, is it really bothering you? Are you scared? Does it feel malicious? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't seem like anything is 'out to get you'. If there IS some sort of presence, it may be as simple as asking it to leave. If all else fails, burn some sage and do a 'cleansing' of the house. Or ask a priest to come out, if that feels more legit to you.

What Guys Said 5

• Renting or buying?

Renting: ask about taking _some_ of the mirrors down. Then take them all down.

Buying: take `em down.

• A lot of mirrors probably just means that the people who live there are vain enough to want to look at themselves a lot. I have no idea what the horse shoe means.

• the previous residents probably wanted to make the house look bigger with the mirrors. the horseshoe is a good luck charm.

• Nope. It means the last family who lived there was very vain.

• As cun7n1nja correctly stated the most common reason for many mirrors in a home is to reflect light. Mirrors are also added to 'open up' an area - the illusion of depth makes the room seem bigger.

I have many mirrors in my home for this exact reason.

Regarding magic. Mirrors are used to do various things in the paranormal realm.

But the mirror itself isn't spooky or magic, its simply a tool. No different to a candle or a spoon used in a ritual are just candles and spoons.

My best guess is that you are feeling "spooked" because we are not usually accustomed to seeing our own reelections so often. Take time to get to know yourself better by looking in your mirror and taking charge with positive self talk.

What Girls Said 2

• that shouldn't mean anything. it's just a bunch of mirrors. and if you get creeped out by it, just sell off or get rid of those mirrors.

• Nooooo I have a lot of mirrors in my house too. There's one in my living room and kitchen ahah and bathroom obvii, and my whole closet is like a mirror lol

I agree mirrors have something to them that makes it creepy but unless your house actually haunted and you hear or see stuff I don't think you should be worried about ittt.