Do some mirrors make you look different that how other people see you?

When I look into the mirror of a car, whether its the rear view mirror or the mirror on the visors my facial hair, regardless of how much or how little, is very noticeable. However, when I look in my bedroom mirror or the bathroom mirror, I can see the facial hair, but its not anywhere as enhanced as the one out in the car. Also when I get unfortunate and get a zit here and there, in the mirror in my bathroom its not really bad, but the mirror in the car makes it look like its the main focus on my face. Which mirror is more true to what other people see? Because I really don't know which one to trust.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do agree with the lighting, but don't car mirrors make things look closer than they really are? Unless you're standing incredibly close to the bathroom mirror (in which case, you won't be able to see much of anything because you're so close) things will be more noticeable in the car mirror.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes i do look different than i see myself, i'm more good looking to myself but then someone takes a regular photo and i look ugly... :\

• I think they do. I freaking hate change room mirrors, their like my worst enemy. :/

• Take the mirror from your room outside and give it a test. If it looks the same as the mirror in teh car you have your answer. Also keep in mind that we are more aware of our flaws than other people - something that's a huge deal to us may go unnoticed by others.

• Thats gonna be a hassle, but I guess I could do that. and that is very true, but doesn't mean that they don't see a flaw that I have missed or wouldn't consider a flaw.

• Don't worry so much about what other people see or think. You want to surround yourself with people who accept and appreciate you for you.

• I know what you mean, happens to me too. I agree with the other answers, its mostly about the light. You see, orange lights seem to make everything look better than it should, hides zits redness, hair, wrinkles and smooths face, while the white neon makes your features "darker" and so unfresh and unattractive. The car has natural light (thats if you're out on the road) and so everything is more visible. Also, you can see the difference in where you place the light.

• I understand what everyone is saying, but on a normal day outside, which mirror from my eyes, is more accurate when it comes what other people see when they see me? The mirror in the car or bathroom? In other words, the one that shows everything in an unattractive way, the car, or the one that is less revealing, the bathroom? I guess it goes like this, when it comes to acne, the bedroom shows the least red, the bathroom a decent amount and car insurmountable redness. If this can even be answered

• haha it happens to me too. it's all about the lighting but it's better you too look in the bathroom mirror when you wake up othervise you won't leave your house in the morning lol

• uh I hate those stupid three way mirrors...they show every angle of the body haha

• I don't think it's the mirror, it's more the light

What Guys Said 2

• it doesn't mater...its the ambient light...not the mirror

• Yeah all depends on the lighting, tis why some people are unphotogenic aswell.