Men shaving their bodies?

Ok I am curious from both males & females. I notice that it is becoming more popular for guys to shave their chest, arms and many parts of their bodies. I know it started more for swimmers and body builders. Now I am seeing a lot of guys who are trying to have smoother skin than use ladies I guess. So I want to know how many ladies prefer to have their guys natural or shaved & do you think it is more manly for them to keep the hair. I want to know from guys if they are with this shaving craze or do they prefer to keep that body hair.

• Your a girl who likes guys to keep bodies shaved
  • Your a girl who prefers for guys to keep their body hair
  • Your a guy who is into this shaving craze
  • You a guy who likes to keep his body hair

Most Helpful Girl

• i would really worry when my boyfriend would have less hair then me ! lol so I prefer him hairy (obviously not toooo hairy)

What Guys Said 14

• Personally I find it a good thing to shave down south, as it were, but leave the rest of the body hair.

The reasons-

1. Cooler in the summer.

2. Don't sweat as much, and no hair discourages bacteria that cause body odor.

So yeah, basically it's easier to keep clean! ;-)

• Hmmm

Its a craze now? I've been doing it for twenty years. I just never liked the way scrotal hair and armpit hair looked.

• Ahh, I realize some guys have been doing it for a long time. now there is more and more guys doing it. I, and many other women do enjoy having a man with normal body hair as long as is not really alot. Although there is some women who even like alot, probably fewer women though. I think the ones who do like body hair probably prefer it to be maintained and not growing madly out of the nose or have a uni-brow going on. So keeping it trimmed is good. I know some females just think its all nasty.

• Who likes all that gross hair that's starting to form on the back of my shoulders? Yuck!

What's wrong with shaving that off? So then I do my chest & arms. I tried Lazar hair removal but it didn't work for me.(just my luck) Just a side note I also "manscape" down below

• A little manscaping goes a long way in keeping yourself tidy. I never was a fan of the hairy pits and package. Keeping it trim ranks right up there with getting rid of those pesky nose hairs. Just looks better.

• I only shave my face and neck.

I trim my chest, back, pubic, upper arm, and armpit hair. The reason is to keep everything tidy, since I'm a very hairy dude.

More from Guys
9

What Girls Said 5

• I've been with several guys who shave the genitals but not the rest of the body. I like that part of the body shaved or trimmed short as for obvious reasons. Have never seen a guy shaved all over

• To put it bluntly, I dislike manscaping, really dislike it. If I see an attractive celebrity...then I see them in their underwear looking completely hairless, it just turns me off completely.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with men who want to do it, it just won't get MY juices flowing.

I've had BF's ask me if they should completely shave their groin area and I've said no. The look of a bald penis kinda freaks me out. It makes me think I'm about to have sex with a pre-pubescent boy.

I have felt shaven balls before, I won't lie, they feel lovely and soft. But I wouldn't say it's made me have a preference, I still like playing with them hairy or not.

Chest hair FOR THE WIN. There is nothing sexier than a guy with hair on his chest. Tom Selleck rocks it.

I actually find my love for man hair a little bit odd considering my generation had grown up spoon fed hot men who are completely hairless and been told that body hair on a man is "soo ewww".

Obviously my female instincts overrode what I'd been told growing up.

In the case of manscaping, Nature won over Nurture for me.

• Unless a guy is overly hairy then I like guys who keep their hair, I know the trend is for the stripper look with no hair but that's not attractive to me. A guy who is secure in himself and natural is way more attractive for me.

• I agree, unless they are looking hairy as a monkey or mountain man. I like the average body hair. I think that is what make them look more masculine. I don't think I would want them to be so hairy you really can't see skin, or have it growing out their nose and ears... I also, agree with katiesmuff as far a the lower area for reasons

• Everybody has their opinions, I used to never shave until I started getting complaints from woman because I was too hairy. I've never been with a woman that liked hair on me, don't know why and now I married a woman that likes me completely shaven and if I forget to do it she quickly reminds me by calling me an ape lol. Story of my life!

• I like a man to shave his face but just trim the rest or just be natural. I don't want to sleep next to a man that feels like a girl.