How can I get my girlfriend to wear make-up?

she doesn't wear any make-up at all and never has.But I think she should wear make-up because it would make her look pretty for once and it's feminine and my ex gfs wore make-up they wore the skin stuff and eye stuff.how can I get her to wear make-up

Most Helpful Girl

• ew ouch man.if that's really what you think about your girlfriend then why are you with her?obviously you are not in love with her because you would think that she is beautiful even when she is a mess.are you gay because you are the first guy I have ever heard say that he likes when a women wears makeup.maybe you like it so much on a women because you would also like to mess around with makeup...oh the possiblities.

break up with this poor girl before you continue to lead her on and break her heart with you cold shallow ideas.

What Girls Said 16

• Wow,

Ive always heard to STOP wearing makeup from my exes and all I use is a basic skin foundation (to even my complexion out.)

I'm pretty sure if you tell her this is will break her heart.

Most women are very sensitive and this will hurt her self esteem.

You can maybe suggest when you two go out somewhere fancy

that you'd like to see her dress up a little, maybe throw on a little makeup.

But as for her being that way all of the time...I think that's a little much!

• ... you are a jerk >.< I don't wear make up ever unless it was somthing formal...

Why are you not content with the way she looks naturally?

There are so few girls now adays that don't wear makeup you should be proud that she is confident about the way she looks and doesn't need to hide her face under a ton of makeup =P

• Seriously?! You don't deserve her if you think your girlfriend needs make-up to look pretty/feminine. Go ahead and ask her straight out so she can just dump you and move on.

• well I personally don't wear make up only if it's like a special occasion or if I want to look nice for like the weekend (not all weekends though)...make up doesn't make a person look pretty...what makes a person pretty is how they are (their attitude, self esteem, the way they carry themselves etc..) plus make up is something temporary ...u should be thankful she is staying true to her image ...anyways make up ruins a persons skin (in the long run), it makes you get wrinkles, and stuff like that.

plus you don't want to sleep a with lady gaga and wake up with a member of the Adams family...maybe you can ask her to wear make up on special dates but DON"T try to change her jus because your EXs used to !

It seems unfair, you wouldn't want her to tell you hey babe do your hair like this, my ex used to wear like that and I loved it ...i think it would upset you.

• ok so...i don't wear makeup unless I'm going out to a party or something, but I get where this is coming from. makeup makes girls look SO much more attractive than in reality. to all those people who will down post me, it's true - it hides imperfections, blemishes, list goes on and on. the truth is, you think your girl is pretty, you want her to look special for u/show she is making an effort. tell her that way. hope I helped :)

• It would make her look pretty for once?! How shallow.. why are you even with her if you think your own girlfriend isn't pretty. Wow.

• Couldn't agree more. Make her look pretty for once! Every guy I know prefers their significant other with out make up, and tell them they don't need it cause they're beautiful the way they are. If you don't think your girlfriend is pretty what the f*** are you doing with her?

• What's wrong with that? if she's not comfortable about it, then don't force her. Don't compare her to your exes. Natural beauty is the best. Why? Don't you think she's pretty without make-up? However, there might be some points in our lives that we really have to wear make-up. maybe when she's already a professional she'll do it. Make-up helps gain respect somehow in the corporate world.

• You are a twat. When you start wearing makeup then you can judge whether girls should or not.

I personally don't think ANYONE should wear makeup on a day-to-day basis. Why should I paint crap on my face for anyone?

Your girlfriend should get out as soon as possible. She obviously deserves better.

• idiot!

• maybe she just don't know how to do her makeup.. if you have a sister or cousin or something that wears makeup maybe you should get them to hang out, iv taught plenty of my friends how to do makeup

but the hole 'pretty for once' thing was kinda rude id cry if my boyfriend said something like that about me

• Buy her a Seventeen Magazine,they always have make-up advice and ideas in there,just randomly say you would like it if she tried the smokey eye look or pick out a look from there...

the whole "guys prefer natural" thing went out the door right here lmfao

• ouch that bites! So how did this relationship turn out?

• What's wrong with not wearing make-up?

• if you want hur 2 wear make-up then ask hur 2 . if she duzant want 2 you kant make hur

• you're an ass

• If your girlfriend has never worn makeup then she didn't wear it when you met her right? So why are you trying to change her? Most girls do wear makeup but she obviously has her reasons for not doing so, I think you should just let it alone. If you dont' think your girlfriend is pretty you shouldn't have gone out with her in the first place.

What Guys Said 3

• If you tell her that you think that she should wear make-up and it'll make her look pretty, I'd bet that she'll wear the make-up... only it'll be for her new boyfriend, because she'll realize what a douche you are and dump your sorry ass.

• if you didn't like the fact that she doesn't wear makeup, den why did you go out with her?

• and the douchebag of the day award goes to...