GIRLS..Are short guys ever attractive?

I hear many girls say they're attracted to tall guys.

My question is, are short guys ever attractive? or what would a short guy need to be like/or have to be physically attractive to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sad but true fact, while women as a whole care less about looks than men do, height is always at the top of the list of things we DO care about. Many studies have proven this. However, what a girl considers tall is relative. If she's short, a 5'9'' guy is going to be tall. And if she's very tall, she'll probably be okay with dating a guy the same height as she has limited options.

Bottom line though, you've got to be confident. Confidence wins 9 times out of 10. If you're a guy with "little man syndrome" and constantly complain about how shallow women are for caring about height, girls will run from you. Is it shallow? Sure. So are most of the things men require in a woman as well. We're human.

• Lol, straight to the point... :P .. But their are a lot of variations though to personal preferences. Some women like shy guys, insecure guys, dominant guys, confidence (as you said), chilled guys, hyper guys.. etc... and I guess the same can be said for height and size, though... the majority do like taller guys. Me being 5'9.. I can't help but feel I'm a lost cause lol... since I'm a bit of a perfectionist at relationships :P .. but.. your absolutley right.

• There is always going to be little variations for personal preference, but as a whole psychologists would say we all desire the same things. Don't be down on yourself for being 5'9 though, that is not that short in my book, and given other attractive qualities, no girl will feel she settled for a 5'9 guy. It just happens to be that tall guys instinctively catch our attention first, that does not mean he can hold our attention of he's got a bad personality.

What Girls Said 12

• I'm tall (5'9) and I have often been attracted to guys who are even a bit shorter then me (which still isn't short for a guy I know). I find shorter guys often have more fire in their belly. At the end of the days it's about personality (and a bit of confidence helps too ;) )

• I'm personally not attracted to short guys, they just don't shout protective and strong, which I love, I am not bashing short guys, I am mainly not attracted to them because I'm a relatively tall girl. Short guys, find short girls.

• That really doesn't make sense to me. I think you mean to say that you don't like short guys because society tells you as a tall girl, not to like short guys right? It sure sounds like you care more about what others say about your relationships rather than caring about the person you're with. Do you really need to ask your girlfriends or everyone in public if it's OK to date a certain guy.

• The real problem is that society's "perfect image" of a "perfect male" defines what almost all girls will find attractive, and they don't even realize, and by the time they could realize they won't and can't change it, as it is engraven within them.

However they could do a bit more introspection and realize that attempting to make their attraction base valid by blaming it on genetics is sort of self-deceiving.

• talk about prejudice...

• If they've got confidence I think it makes up for the height difference.

• My fancy-man's an inch shorter than me. And I'm 5'3". I honestly don't care how short a guy is. Again it's just a preference thing if you have one.

• I use to date short guys and it never bothered me but now as I'm getting older I'm looking for a potential mate and short guys no longer appeal to me. Mainly because I don't want short kids but also I prefer a man taller than me I'm 5'4 so he has to at least be 5'8

• Yes...why not...

But if there was an attractive short guy and an equally attractive tall guy next to him, I'd go for the tall guy.

• i personally am short myself, so a guy can be short or tall to me and it doesn't matter either way because chances are, they are taller then me. some girls like taller guys and some girls like shorter guys, some girls don't care.

• I personally like short guys ;)

• Eh, at first a shorter guy can be weird and maybe awkward to date, but it's all about the personality. I happen to like a guy who's shorter than me, but I've never met anyone with a better sense of humor, and we have all the right things in common, so height isn't a big deal.

• well I'm short. I'm only 5 feet. so I don't have a problem with "short guys" cause none are ever shorter than me, and its better that way actually. because then were more of the same height, and all that fun stuff! you got to be confident, bubbly or outgoing, being funny is never a bad thing, and you just gotta treat the girl like she's your whole world (: that's what I look for. hope I helped a little! (:

• I am in love with a shorter guy, actually :) he's about 2-3" shorter than me (5'8.5) but he's really confident, and beautiful and sweet. I did have height issues before, but it's all about how they make you feel.

• I Think short guys are cute but not too short most guys are taller then me but I prefer short guys I wouldn't want a stepping stool to kiss my guy lol

What Guys Said 1

• i don't know about guys but I'm so attracted to short girls :P.