Should your boyfriend think you're the most beautiful girl in the world?

So my boyfriend basically said (when I was being insecure) that I am "more attractive than most people". At first I thought that was a nice thing to say but then I really thought about it and it kind of hurt my feelings. We got into a fight because I feel like (maybe I'm kidding myself) that if a guy really loves a girl, he will see her as the most beautiful girl in the world. So he basically admitted that yes he thought there were others prettier than me and tried to pull the "well do you think I'm the best looking guy in the world"? Which I kind of think he is so I was even more humiliated. My best friend is engaged and her fiancée has said before that my best friend is the most beautiful girl in the world so I dunno. Or am I just being unreasonable and psychotic? Would other girls be hurt too? Cause I'm more hurt and like wondering "Do I wanna be with a guy who feels this way about me?" :( I know the whole "there's always someone prettier than you" and I definitely don't think I'm that great- I just thought that if you're really in love with someone, you don't even see anyone else. Maybe I've been watching too many romantic comedies...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• You're being overly sensitive. Do you think that he's THE most attractive man on the planet? Really? Including every dreamy dude in Hollywood and music? I doubt it. BUT if you say yes are you saying it merely to back your side of the arguement? Because I have a feeling if you do say yes that you're a liar. ;) Of course if you're feeling like crap he probably should have lied because you girls eat that stuff up, and honestly require it. Otherwise a HUGE fight over something petty breaks out (ie what we're talking about here, now). Guys have the tendancy to be honest to a fault because we're logical thinkers. Ease up on him. He was paying you a compliment. Real life ain't the movies and the stories you read in fairy tails. Any douche on here that says, "Yes. A man's woman should be the most beautiful in the world to him" is either gay and hasn't figured it out yet, or blowing smoke up your ass to try and make you feel better the way your boyfriend probably should have when you were feeling insecure... :)

What Guys Said 11

• maybe your friend is a candidate and you're not? whos better looking? her or you? that will answer your question

• I would never cheat on my wife. But to answer your question possible causes of cheating for me would be if we became emotionally or intimately detached. At this point the relationship is over anyways and it's just boiling down to who is going to give in and say I'm done.

• What the hell, I didn't click on this topic. Ugh.Anyways, in my opinion, YES your girlfriend, significant other, wife SHOULD be the most beautiful woman in the world and as her husband/boyfriend/whatever it's my job to make her feel that way.

• no but he should make you feel like you are the most beautiful girl in the world! Even the boyfreind of the acctuall most beautiful girl in the world thinks other women are beautiful! But it is his job to make her feel like they are non existant

• I don't think my girlfriends are the most beautiful people in the world. And there is such a thing as objective beauty, by the way. It's called the golden ratio.

• Its unreasonable. A fairytale fantasy.

• he means "your ok" or avg looking. my guess is you already rejected the guys who thought you were the prettiest girl ever. girls have a bad habbit of going for the guy who thinks there just ok

• Yes and no. This is hard to explain but the woman I am in love with right now I originally was not attracted to very much. After getting to know her and appreciate her I am now totally attracted to her in every way. I know other men would prefer a woman with bigger this or smaller that but honestly I am totally physically attracted to the woman and like her the way she is. So she is the hottest to me but at the same time I know others may not feel the same. He probably meant that you don't look like an air brushed model but he is attracted to you anyways and likes you the way you are. I wouldn't take offense to it as much as you are.

• If you want him to see you as the most beautiful girl in the world, break up with him. Trust me, nothing makes a girl more attractive than her rejecting you.

• It's reality sweetie, there will always be someone better than you. There are two things you can take comfort in though;1) he has no problem with telling you the truth2) looks aren't all in a relationship, the bottom line is, he wants to be in a relationship with you however he will just want to shag those living barbies, as opposed to loving them.

• No. You are being over sensitive. Just because he is dating you doesn't mean he has to think your the most beautiful women in the world. What if he broke up with you, started to date some other girl and now she's the most beautiful women in the world just cause their dating? Being in a relationship with someone is having the abilitiy to acknowledge ones flaws and know that you can accept them with the flaws they have. So be happy that he is with you since even though you don't think you are that pretty, he is willing to accept the perhaps you aren't that pretty, but he is willing to accept that. Sorry if that came off harsh but that is what love is.

• Sorry instead of the second time I said he is willing to accept that its supposed to be he is willing to stay with you

• ive also done what he does. its hard to go around the word beautiful when you don't see her as marriage material just yet. as I see beautiful as marriage material. sexy as hookups/fwbs and hot/pretty.cute as girlfriend wordsits too misleading to use it too soon. what happens if you break up? she's now not the most beautiful woman in the world, she's gone to just being a friend or in some cases. a stranger

What Girls Said 15

• 2d

Man, lots of "players" on this thread.
    I agree with you on this. My fiancé, to me, is the handsomest, sexiest guy in the world. I notice that there are other attractive men out there, but my love for him has me nonchalant about those other men (yes, even Brad Pitt and Norman Reedus).
    My fiancé says that I'm the most beautiful woman in his eyes. I hope that he means it just like I mean he's perfect for ME. I know I'm pretty, but I also know I'm not a 10. But I would hate it if my guy kept looking at these other women and thought they were more beautiful than me. Sure, he's going to notice that they're attractive, but I hope he always sees me as his perfect lady.
    I'm so glad I'm not with any of these other men on this thread. I feel sorry for their girls, too.

• I found it funny because one day my boyfriend said in this order:"you are the most beautiful girl..."1- in this room2- in our class3- in our school4- in our city5- in our state6- " can I just make this simpler and say that I have ever known?"I laughed because he kept trying to compliment me, but it kept coming out wrong. I'm sure that is what happened with your boyfriend too. I watch a ton! of romantic comedies and the problem with those are that we tend to idealize the man we want. I wouldn't say you are being psychotic by any means, but I wouldn't take it too badly. Sometimes as women we unintentionally or intentionally lay trap questions. For men its like trying not to say a certain thing, there is just not right answer. I think as women we need to accept that.

• I know this post is over a year old but I know exactly how you feel! That's what I thought too, that the person you love is the best looking, the best, greatest thing to you. I was joking around with my boyfriend and I said do you think Jessica Alba is prettier than me? (Which she is, I'll admit) But he said yes! I thought that he would say something cute back. But he said 'Yes, your beautiful but she is something else!' And it hurt! It definitely hurt. I got all angry and upset and he got angry at me for not liking his opinion, so I said that shouldn't be your opinion if you truly loved me. He answered by saying 'Fine, next time I'll lie'. That cut me even deeper because it felt like he meant it was hard for him to lie to me by saying I'm the best he's ever seen. Maybe I've been watching to many romantic comedies to because that is not what would have happened in the movies... And I agree, I think that my boyfriend is the cutest, most attractive person because I love him. I said I forgive him, but I didn't realize how hard it is to get what he said out of my head.I don't think your unreasonable or psychotic. Because if you are I am and I think I had a right to get upset. We are girls, we need and like to be treated delicately and affectionately, I guess guys don't get that.

• That sounds exactly the same as what happened to me, because I see my boyfriend to be the most gorgeous guy in the world , but when I said it he said what yours said to you and then I started thinking. I don't think your being psychotic, but maybe females see things differently than males? I feel crap now though like he would rather be with a better looking me . I'm sure he does think your great, its just men are obsessed with looks and don't express things the same as us. One thing he says might mean something different to if we said it. But I do think its harsh of them and they should just say 'your the most beautiful' to make you feel special. And I think I watch too many Rom coms too haha

• I think when a guy tells a girl "you're the mot beautiful girl in the world" it doesn't just factor in their looks, but their overall love for the person and all of the factors that makes that person.Honestly, though.. he probably just doesn't understand it or never got this memo that he is supposed to say it. I didn't know I am supposed to be told this lols I have had guys say it, but I wouldn't be offended because I wasn't told it.Remember, actions are far better than words. Does he show you how much he cares? Wouldn't you prefer that over a guy just saying it?

• I know how that thing gos my man never tells me that I wish he did well our happy home is not so happy now because I always ask him if he thinks I'm good looking are if he lovesa me it sucks been wt a man and he never makes you feel good he gets mad because I ask him well I have to ask if he dose not tell me I'm real sad over it and I know you feel the same it sucks that a nother man is faster to tell you that your sexy are good looking then the man you love

• It's not realistic to say that "you don't even see anyone else" when you're in a relationship. The rest of the world doesn't suddenly become unattractive just because you've found someone. Your boyfriend's compliment actually was very thoughtful. He said that you're *more* attractive than *most* people, which means that he does think your looks are above average. Plus, he sees more in you than just looks. Even if there are other more physically attractive women out there, you're the one he wants to be with, not them. That's a really sweet thing to say!

• Honestly, I think you are being unreasonable. The real world isn't a Hollywood movie. Reverse the question, do you honestly, truly, and deeply think your boyfriend is the most beautiful man in the world? Sorry, but I doubt it. He may not have chosen the most tactful set of words, but I think what he said was honestly meant to be complimentary and it sounds a lot more truthful and honest than someone who would tell you that you were the most beautiful girl in the world. Guys don't always have the most grace with women, but I think you have to look past the content and think of the context. To him, you really are prettier than most people, which is huge. Instead of being insecure and second-guessing yourself and him, appreciate a compliment where you can get one. Not every man will even give you a compliment, nonetheless one that truthful.

• I was in the same position as you.I literally thought my ex was the best looking most gorgeous thing in the world. I would watch movies or look at print ads and be like...he should be in the movies/model ads, he's so much better! I really couldn't see otherwise lolHe wasn't as 'into' looks as much as me...basically he preferred my looks out of everyone but he likely was just more rational and less crazy and knew that I wasn't the best looking in the world, but I was the only one in the world he wanted...so he wanted me and preferred me including my looks, over everyone else int he world.Some guys just aren't the 'gaga' crazy romantic type...if he is a logical/rational person, it goes hand in hand...Hope this helps!Try to get over your disappointment and don't sabotage what you have.It's cool that he's so honest, he's a keeper.I think the real question to ask him to make yourself feel more secure/less frustrated is...'If you could have that beuatiful girl over there, would you want her over me"And he'd prob say no...cause looks only take you so far...I know plenty of beautiful girls who get a lot of attention/getting asked out...but eventually the novelty wears off and the guy doesn't necessarily treat them super great just because they're hot

• No, that's ridiculous. If he says you're the most beautiful girl in the world, he's lying. My boyfriend says my friend is hotter than me. But he's with me for so many other reasons more than how I look that it doesn't matter.If it did matter, I would leave him for someone better.

• It is a nice thought, that your boyfriend would think you are the most attractive woman he has ever seen, but when it comes down to it, there will always be @ least 1 person who looks better than us. Same with anything else, if you were an incredibly talented singer, there would always be at least one person who is a better singer than you. Your boyfriend thinks you are beautiful, but he is just being honest that there is probably 1 gal out there who is the most beautiful, you know, like Heidi Klum, Paris Hilton, Megan Fox. Don't feel insecure, your boyfriend was just being honest. Would you want him to lie?

• If the guy weren't an idiot, he would say, "You are perfect for me and I am so glad you are in my life. You make me feel like the king of the world." Your guy is stupid and time won't make that any better. Walk away slowly and find someone who thinks you are the cat's meow.

• I never tell my guy I think he's the best looking guy in the world because he's not. I don't think he should tell me I'm the most beautiful girl in the world because I know I'm not, but he does it anyway. I don't think it's wrong that he does it but I don't care if he doesn't do it either. As long as he says I'm beautiful once in a while. Not that I even say he's good looking or handsome at all, because he knows he's not that great looking. My brother says my guy looks like Adrian Brody from Predators. Hmmm...

• if you're not jessica alba, megan fox, marissa miller, heidi klum, giselle, adrianna lima, or are not continually being airbrushed/professionally made-up, then he's always going to think of them as being the most beautiful girls in the world. love doesn't blind you so much that your whole perception of a person's physical appearance changes. what love will do is cause you to appreciate everything about a person, and you fall in love with their flaws. so he may see you as a 9 on the scale of 1-10 (and let's be honest, is that really a bad thing?), but if he had to pick between you and a perfect 10, he'd pick you. when you love someone, you don't want to be with anyone else. you wouldn't want to be with someone who doesn't have the same freckle or dimple or laugh that your partner has. THOSE are the things that make you "the most beautiful girl in the world."i think you need to stop worrying about being the *most* beautiful. it comes off as a little shallow. otherwise, there will be plenty of girls less attractive than you who are in healthy relationships because they know what's really important, and are comfortable with themselves so that their guys can be too.

• You know sweetie - I think you're over thinking this. I think this was a big compliment, not just because he's STILL calling you attractive (because that's what was said), but he's being HONEST with you, which shows he's not just paying you lip service so that you'll shut up, lol.Seriousy, I would rather a guy be honest with me (and I'm a big girl, so trust me, I DO have my own insecurities) than be telling me I'm the most beautiful woman in the world. Because let's face it, the majority of us look NOTHING like Halle Berry or Angelina Jolie...but his honesty is telling you he RESPECTS you enough as a PERSON to not tell you that you look like those women. And obviously, he's attracted to you because he's with you in the first place :). From experience, I highly suggest that you don't read too much into what he says...people in general get worn out by that really quickly. Good luck sweetie!

• LOL, thank you, we do...but you know sometimes we're too realistic, I scare the guys off! :)

• Perfect. A realistic woman?? You guys DO exist!!! *best answer candidate*