Why do so many people make a big deal about hair color?

Why is hair color such a big deal?

This blond vs. brunette thing is tiring especially since no one has their natural hair color throughout life anyways.

Plus it's easily changeable. So why is it such a big problem?

*brunette

Most Helpful Guy

• The short answer to your question is: Because they're stupid.

What Guys Said 4

• It is a pretty big thing in terms of appearance. Think about it... it does affect how an outfit looks on you for example. I guess it is related to stereotypes too eg. the blond stereotype.

Depends on the reason for it being a problem I guess? And the method of dying!

• I mean why is it a big deal to girls in reference to guys.

It's always "Guys what do you like?" even considering the blond stereotype a lot of blondes aren't naturally blond. The blondes I have seen coincidentally all have virgin hair they're not even nowhere near the stereotype...who stereotypes concerning hair color anyways?

• Just one of those things. I guess it isn't really a big deal.

• It's not a big deal, just a matter of preference.

• I think people are making it a big deal.

As soon as someone says "I have thing for blondes" there's like 5 down votes for the comment.

I don't remember the last time I've seen amazing virgin hair on the girls that care so much.

• Yeah that's how it works. Just like girls wanting bigger boobs. We don't want bigger boobs to play with them ourselves girls want bigger boobs because guys like them. Having DD doesn't benefit the girl in life - it's harder to find tops that fit, outerwear that zip up, and it leads to back pain and stretch marks it's there for guys to slobber over.

• Yeah, society f***s us up. In my case I'm striving to get the perfect muscular body, partially because I want to and I enjoy being healthy but also because that is what is portrayed at the desirable man in the media.

• its because their both jelous of black hair...cuz on a girl its sooooooooooooooooooo HOT

• Yeah I love black hair.

ALOT of girls can't pull that off it always looks to weird if they naturally don't have really dark hair for some reason. (I didn't vote you up though I'm not rating in this question.)

• I'm not I said girl crush. That means although I'm girl I think some girls are very attractive but never enough to be gay.

• oh well thanks for clearing that up XD

• color is no big deal to me. texture is. example: I prefer straight over curly. but I'm okay either way.

What Girls Said 8

• To tell you the truth I know what you mean. I dye my hair a lot and sometimes I think the hair color that I pick actually affects the way people think about me. I mean I'm a natural dirty blonde/light brunnete but I've dyed my hair red,brunnette and many other colors and peoples way of perceiving me have change. (Now I'm brunette and loving it ;D)

• I thinks it's because men prefer blondes, & since most people aren't naturally blond, it upsets some people. I personally couldn't care less, & will never dye my hair just to get a man (brunette as well).

• Sorry to burst your bubble there Cat, but no we don't. SOME men prefer blondes, in the same way that some girls prefer the tattooed biker type.

I've been deeply infatuated with girls of almost every hair colour. It's the girl I crush on, not her hair colour. If I had to pick a fave it would be Black hair and green eyes, but that's just me. Ask a dozen guys, you'll get a dozen different answers.

• i think everyone should be bald

• i agree. also..hair color doesn't really matter, it's the whole face, skin color, makeup..just hair color means nothing. someone could have the prettiest hair and the ugiest face ever.

• No idea either. All I can say is I like or three natural hair colours

• im 16 & I will never die my hair I'm against that!

• Because it has to do with attraction.

• no idea. I hate those questions