Why girls see short height in guys as a physical deformity?

I see it all the time girls rejecting short guys on the spot without even giving them a chance, or they just blow them off, they say they "prefer" taller guys, but they will never ever date a guy with short height, or at least give them a chance; even if he was handsome, and had a great personality. I mean they would rather date ugly tall guys than, short handsome men. It as as if short height what is the ugliest thing a guy could have, almost like a disease that they wouldn't want their children to have.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being short is genetic, so it will be passed on to your children. That being said, most women will judge a short guy on a variety of factors, not just his height. For example, I know a short guy who thinks that women are always putting him down because he's short. But when he has a girlfriend, he is very jealous and mean to her. Yet, he swears that its his height that makes women not want to date him, although he is brimming with anger at women that you can see almost immediately. Lots of things matter ... dont' get too hung up on one thing or you'll start to be insecure about it and that never leads to good things.

• I can see why he says that though. Think about it you have to choose between two guys one tall and one short you don't know them at all who will you choose first?

• I told you, I'd go on a few dates with both of them to get to know them. You don't have to only date one person at a time in the early stages. Like, I'ma sucker for brown eyes, but I've fallen for just as many guys with blue or hazel eyes. BTW ... they guy friend I was talking about earlier -- he's actually kind of a player/promiscuous. Just can't keep a girlfriend because he's jealous and bad tempered. His shortness has never held him back -- only his belligerant attitude.

• hmmmmmmmmmm ok

What Girls Said 5

• I am guilty of this. I never really thought much about it until I dated my ex. He was 6'3, I am 5,2. I LOVED his height and I definitely did feel more protected. So I am def looking for a tall guy now. Everyone has a preference. Most guys prefer skinny women. Most women prefer tall guys. Fact of life unfortunately.

• I won't bash on you but comparing height with weight doesn't make any sense, because you can control weight not height.

• my point was to simply say everyone has a preference on something. and yeah, if your a short guy, that sucks if your interested in somone who prefers tall guys. but I actually have a girl friend who prefers short guys! there ARE women out there that like short guys, so if you are short, hang in there! best of luck and thanks for not bashing :)

• Just like most guys would do a butterface before a fat chick.

• I don't see height as a deformity, more of a comfort zone. I am a huge cuddler, and being 5'9 and growing...well it's not very comfortable for a tall girl to attempt a snuggle with a 4'10 guy. I've been there, he was a great guy, but it was just not working for me. I don't really care how tall the person is as long as they are at least 5'4. I also love wearing high heels so that's why it's 5'4 and not a bit lower :P

• we just don;t like short guys.. we can't help what we like.. I just do not like short guys.. I like my guys 6'0 and up.. if he is not that I can't do it

• So you wouldn't give him a chance, even if he was handsome, had a great personality and dressed well?.

• no because I am just not attracted to him because of the height. To me he wouldn't be a great catch because I like my guys tall . no matter how cute he was

• Tall height is associated with masculinity. When a guy is shorter than a lot of females even, it seems very feminine and weak. Plus I usually assume those guys have some sort of issues. Either a Napoleon complex, or they're so insecure about it that they rant about it constantly on advice sites. It's usually a true generalization.

• Thanks for proving my point!

• Men can be very shallow. Everyone has certain things that they need to be attracted to someone. Most guys say they won't date fat women, and some girls say they won't date short guys. Maybe those fat women were "good women" but you don't care because she's unattractive to you. I've found a good man so I'm not worried.

• Being fat and short is not the same thing, because you can control weight, you cannot control height. If you asked me if I would date an ugly girl over a gorgeous girl I would have given it to you. But I am sorry to say that but I do not glorify things that are within in people's range and power.

What Guys Said 2

• Hello,

women want men they feel are able to protect them.. so they assosiate hight and other factors with masculinity.. its a primal need that women have

good luck

Chris

• yes its true we shorties have no chance among women...a cursed breed of guys...and oh I have full body rug also.