Is short height in a guy really that unattractive?

I mean even if he had other good things to offer? Can you just reject somebody based on his height?

I am 5'7 by the way!

Most Helpful Girl

• tall girls usually like a guy taller than them, but I've seen couples were the guy is shorter I really don't have a preference but I'm short I'm 4ft 11in

What Girls Said 22

• It sounds bad, but I prefer tall guys. I've always been tall and hated it, and want a taller guy to make me feel shorter than I am. Plus when you're upset about something it's great to lean against your boy friends chest rather than the top of his head I've also thought it was super hot in mvoeis when girls have to stretch up really far to kiss their guy on the mouth, arms around neck and all ooh and when he helps by pulling her hips or butt up. <3 but if he's the same height as me, I can totally deal :P and don't just listen to me..im a hopeless romantic. :P

• Short girls like the fact that guys aren't towering over them. I'm 5"0 and personally when a man is towering over me it feels like I'm more like his little sister than an equal.

• I don't care about a person's height. Then again I am 5'1 and it is kind of hard to find a guy shorter then me.

• Yes I would.

Would you date a fat girl?

And don't use the weight is changeable either way it's something most people aren't attracted to.

• yes people are not attracted to fat people and yes I will tell you that you can change how fat you are.

• Just like some people are attracted to short guys.

I'm not.

• I don't think any body is attracted to short guys that is the biggest lie ever

• I used to only be attracted to tall guys, but I recently discovered that I actually prefer short guys. But I still wouldn't want to date a guy who is shorter than I am. I'd like for him to have at least 2" on me. I'm just not attracted to guys who are shorter than I am, and it would feel awkward to date someone like that.

But there are plenty of girls out there who are shorter than 5'2" so you shouldn't have much of a difficulty there. And there are some girls who also don't even mind if the guy IS shorter than she is. I'm just not one of them lol.

• Why is it awkward?

• It's just a preference I have... I like my guy to be taller. Just like some might prefer blondes over brunettes.

• Funny thing is you can change hair colour

• My boyfriend is 6'5'', so I guess it answers your question.

But it's just a matter of preference.

• May I ask how tall are you?

• well I can't see why though. I am not trying to attack the answerer but I mean what girl is going to prefer short guys over tall ones?.

• If I was a female with a boyfriend who's double my size, I'd totally feel awkward.

I mean, it's so much easier to look forward instead of looking up a tree or something like that. Well, at least you see the top of the buildings, many people don't look up while they're walking... lol.

• For me I like a taller guy. I like to dress up and I'm 6'1 in heels, I've also got a Joan body so I'm a lot of woman amazonian if you like, if heard it before. If a guy is too much shorter than me, it makes me look not only crazy tall but fat. With a guy of average height, which I think is 5'10 in the uk, I don't look as tall and a man at that height normally is wider than me. Basically taller guys make me feel more feminine and delicate or "woman". If guys are taller than their girls the girls look skinnier and the men burlier.

• thats is an awesome answer twincapersed

• Well after years of feeling like a big fat giant I've come up with pretty good reasoning to having a height minimum. If I wanna be a china doll 6' or above. I dated a few guys shorter me when I was younger and about 5'6 then and I was skinner than I am now and I still felt terrible about myself. If your guy can't pick you up somerhings a miss. And super short guys who bodybuild look like they swaggered out of x-files,

• With a few exceptions, I mostly have liked guys who were closer to my height than really tall.

• i'm 5'4 so if a guy is shorter than me, then he is pretty short

i find it hard to be attracted to someone shorter than me

i like to feel like my guy is masculine and can protect me, but if he's shorter...i feel like I should be the protector, lol

• protect from what? we have cops, dogs and what not.

• i am dating a guy that is a bit small but I JUST like him so muccccch! doesn't bother at all! just be confident :)

• nah, but then again practically everyone is taller than me but if a guy is a lot taller than me I feel awkward. It kind of stinks when the guy can jokingly use your head for an arm rest ...

• 1 girls are shallow too

2 5'7 is not that short

3 don't be a jerk be the good guy she will never forget

4 don't lose an opportunity to be friends because the best relationships start as friends

• Depends on how tall you are, I'm 5'7 so that'd be a little too short for me no offense. There are a lot of short girls that would date you. I don't think it's right to reject someone for their height, but people do it all the time regardless.

• It depends, if he's shorter than me, it's a bit akward. But if he's my height, then awwwwwww ; that's completely cute !

:)<3'

• Yes I k it sound mean but I'm already short I wouldn't want a guy shorter than me or the same height

• how come? both of you will feet perfectly

• That's always the worst excuse ever and it always makes me laugh because it's completely irrational and merely a really stupid aspect of american culture. Lost in delusions and false ideals, chasing fairy tales for no justified reason... Such a great world...

• @Mesonfielde

I really like the way you talk and the way you think.

To me, I have no real image of a fairy tale life, it's cuter and more special if someone comes into my life and makes it feel like a fairy tale

Keep your head up boo.

:)<3'

• It wouldn't be a problem with me as long as he doesn't have a Napoleon complex.

• yaaaaaaa

• How tall aree yoou ?

• Depends. I'm 5'8 1/2 and dated a guy who was 5'6. It was sort of an issue in that friends teased him and razzled that he wanted a trophy wife. It irked me at times. I even cussed out one of his pals one time for his comments (also because he was sexist with me and a perv). But, the truth is I was rather surprised that I was attracted to him. I thought his height would turn me off. It didn't. he had a great personality. He was funny as hell. A great kisser and lover. Wonderful smile. Skilled at work. Confident. Handsome. So basically, because he had a great personality the height wasn't an issue...it was more of an issue with friends. Yet, even his male friends admitted they would go for him if they were gay (a bloody weird thing to say about a male pal). He had a "it" factor.

Again, it will be an initial issue and always come up once in a while, but there are plenty of 'hot' girls who can look beyond the height issue. Confidence and humor is sexy. I've been with tall GQ type of guys and have wanted to blow my brains out because they had no personality. Dreadful. So, work on your communication skills, bedroom skills and coin one hot sinful smirk. Gets me every time...

• how short are we talking here?

i'm 5'6. so a guy 5'5 is fine

but a guy 5'4 is not

• I think short guys are attractive as well. I'm only 5'2", so almost every guy is taller than I am. Chemistry is about a lot of things for me, most of them completely unrelated to height.

• yes sorry. I dated someone who was 4'11 and it just wouldn't work for me, if only he was 5 feet. I am 5'3.

What Guys Said 10

• To tell you the truth, 5'7" is the average height for females. Average. Which means they go from 4'10" to 6'7".

In american culture, it seems pretty much the norm that the 5'2" and below are looking for totem poles, aka guys at least 6'0" but preferably above, merely because 6' is a pretty number. There's no better reason for it, really.

However, there are various 5'3" to 5'6" girls who would gladly go out with a 5'7" tall guy.

Of course, you can't really expect the 5'10" and above girls to want to be with you, because they're most often consumed by their feminine identity.

So, to sum it all up, you can find INTELLIGENT, RATIONAL girls who would still be interested in you as a person and more, and would not care about whether you're a tower or just a casual human being. So you shouldn't look down on yourself just because of your height - any girl who has a problem with it is not really worth pursuing anyways.

• Dont worry about it. 5'7" isn't bad. Its mostly the taller girls that go for the taller guys. I've met some pretty banging short girls too so your fine. Just try not to let it reach to your self esteem.

• depends on how short. I think perhaps under 5'6" for a guy is "too short" and may be not attractive to many girls. However, remember there are a lot of short girls out there too. so if she's only 5'1", then I guess even 5;5" is OK. How tall are you mate?

• i've seen short guys, bald guys and fat guys with chicks. cute chicks. so there is something..

but if I was a chick, I wouldn't date a short guy. at least 5' 7" minimum.

• Yeah you're totally f***ed. If you were exactly 6'' I'd be like you're fine but anything below 6'' and your life is f***ed, you're gonna die poor and lonely, guess you just gotta get used to it.

• It's definitely an obstacle because society teaches people to see tall as a positive and short as a negative for men. Women range in shallowness when it comes to height, but they generally seem to prefer a guy to be taller than them. As a fellow short guy, I can't really offer much advice on this problem except to look for people who are actually looking to connect with you as a person. Once they get to know you, even as a casual friend, it's probably easier for them to look past height because they're more aware of your good qualities. Stay strong, man and hold you head up high! Well, as high as we can. :)

• I'm only 5 foot 6 dude, I don't get called small, but I do get called cute and adorable, which can be annoying lol.

• I'm 5'7" but girls at school say I'm cute. Think that's good. Lol.

• man its f*cked up that girls judge on height like that. you women should be ashamed! you call men pigs when we don't like girls because theyre fat or ugly, but you turn right around and give us b*lls*it about how you can't date a short guy.

• people can control their weight though and work out and dress nice to appear better looking you can't teach or learn height you know? You can't get mad at them I mean I know you must have preferences too. There are plenty of girls that don't care about that either!

• yeah but like you said, people CANT control their height, therefore you women should not make shorter men feel bad about what they CANNOT control

• With all things being proportionate, a short guy is a bit small in that department.

• That's not true.

• And I can tell you that because I am satisfied with what I have down there.

• And that's all that matters. I'm just glad I didn't get the short end of the stick. :)