Is being tall unattractive??

i am 6 feet tall and 16. I always thought it was okay...i have great legs! but this guy that I've been flirting with, told me a few months ago that he is gonna call me buddy because I am taller than him (he is taller than me by an inch) and today we were joking around it was like this

him: someone should kill that spider over there I feel unsafe that it is alive (he was trying to be funny)

me: I feel unsafe that your alive! (again, joking)

him: I feel unsafe that you are as tall as me.

me: I'm shorter than you!

him: are you the tallest girl in the school?

me:no...theres jane (fake name used)

him: I mean other than her

me: then yes.

no one has talked about my height since like junior high when then guys threw sticks at me and called me tree. so does he think its really unattractive that I'm tall and trying to tell me? or what? I didn't think it was a bad thing...

1518

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok. First of all. I LOL'd so hard when you said that your school buddies called you "tree".
    thats so mean.. but in retrospect, hilarious XD

Secondly, you look f***ing gorgeous... for your age. I don't know if someones gonna call the cops on me but physically, there is nothing wrong with you. Your attractiveness is off the scale through the roof! (pun unintended) the fact that you are a tall girl just means you gotta find a guy whos as tall as you or taller, cuz... well you never really see a tall girl going out with a shorter man. Just doesn't work out. Laws of physics are involved here.

For me, I think tall girls are soo hot. maybe it is because I am shorter and its something I know I can't have... but when I see a beautiful one its all butterflies and rainbows. I'm sure the guy you've been flirting with finds you attractive because if he doesnt, he is obviously blind or retarded.

• Yeah, I lol'd a lot too, you know a few years after the fact. the funniest part was when I stopped one day to tie my shoe and they were like, oh she's tying her roots together!!!

thanks :) you are funny

haha that's cute, I didn't know any short guys thought that way, and yes I'm beginning to think he is retarded lol.

• When a girl is taller than a guy, its intimidating for them because the guy HAS to be the taller one usually, so we kinda think that we have no chance with tall girls... I think Kiki is right by the way :P

• Haha he probably is jealous, thanks, you guys are all so nice to me. and it was really funny, I'm glad I can laugh at it instead of being bitter.........has anyone seen eagle v.s. shark???

What Guys Said 17

• Well, I'm not exactly sure what he makes of you. He might just be uneasy or self-conscious because in general, it's ingrained in men that a guy has to be taller and stronger and all that. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I'm in the minority.

But, in my opinion tall women are very attractive. You are a rare one(at least in my experience), so...enjoy your uniqueness. Many guys like tall women so, don't let it get ya down. I'm sorry that this friend of yours seems uneasy with it, but maybe he'll come around. :)

• He might just feel a little insecure as to how others might view him if he were to date you. I don't know for sure but that is what I am thinking.

Tall women are attractive. I personally have always been attracted to taller women, though not necessarily taller than myself (5'11"). Girls taller than I tend to be rare, so I would enjoy your height and know that there are a lot of guys who do like tall girls. Some however, maybe like your friend, might be putt off a little (or a lot) by taller women, due to insecurities or feeling the need to be the "dominant" one. Just keep this in mind. You might just ask him why he dislikes taller girls.

But to answer your question, no, tall girls are not unattractive. Quite the opposite. :)

• There are some guys who find being tall unattractive, yes. But there are as many who like it as there are who don't, and even the ones who don't like it I'm fairly certain wouldn't call it a "deal breaker".

• I find the words "you" and "unattractive" in the same sentence to be quite difficult. If this guy is timid cause you're tall then that's his beef. I don't think you'll have any trouble finding someone else. Heck I'm 5'10" ya date guys two inches shorter than you? lol. .

• Yeah, I would date a guy 2 inches shorter, maybe not 6 years older though! haha, and thanks :)

• Your 16? whoops! sorry, hope you don't think I'm a creeper. haha. Good luck though! :)

• Its fine! thanks haha

• suppose a guy puts up a question: "i am 5ft tall. I always thought I was okay but this girl that I've been flirting with, told me a few months ago that she is gonna call me buddy because I am shorter than her. Does she find me unnattractive?"

It's the same question. If you can answer that question, you can answer your own too.

• But he is taller than me........im confused :(

• The point is simple, 5ft for a guy is something that turns girls off. by the same token, 6ft for a girl is something that turns guys off.

also it seems from what he said he isn't even taller than you. at least he doesn't feel that he's taller than you enough - that just means you are too tall for him.

but don't be disappointed. height isn't everything in relationship.

• Thanks, that makes sense!

• Very few guys want to date a woman who's as tall, or taller, than them. So if you're 6', get used to wearing flats, and dating tall guys. That's life.

I'm 6'3", and tend to end up with taller girls. You're very pretty. If you were single, over 25ish, and lived in Utah, I'd definitely be chasing you...

• Well you would have to watch out because my brother lives in utah lol......and I like heels so there! thanks :)

• I personalty don't think that 6" is too tall, but that's just me. Plus, tall girls happen to usaly be thin girls.

• Lol, that's not me haha

• if he finds you unattractive

he is blind

• Being tall can be attractive. It is just that guys want to be taller than girls and are afraid of approaching girls as tall as you.

• 6 ft tall is tall, not going to lie. You are like 2 in shorter than me and we are the same age!

"him: I feel unsafe that you are as tall as me.

me: I'm shorter than you!"

That is the key part in the convo. He was probably joking still. Don't worry about it. He wouldn't ever tell you, that'd be very mean if he did straight up. And it wasn't a bad thing...

• Well, he is kind of a mean person, but that's his sense of humor I guess. its not??

• im 6ft tall aswell, and I went out with a girl that was the same height as
    me, it was great :)
    he obviously has a problem with your height, its quite normal.
    the guy is normaly suppose to be taller then the girl, that's how it is in most relationships.
    but if you want a boyfriend you should find someone that like you for who you are not your apperance. =)

• Thanks! I think its cool that you went out with a 6 foot tall girl. 10 brownie points!

• No prob tree hahaha joking, I cracked up so hard at that. its ok my mates called my girlfriend big foot

but only because they wear jelous, she was soo hot. remember what I said ay

• Well, tree is better than bigfoot in my book ;) haha thanks.

• Tall is good.

I'm a guy.

My first girlfriend was six feet at seventeen. We left each other, but I think about her all the time.

Any self-confident man doesn't care about height.

Here's the secret, as I see it: Most guys are in awe of tall women. Many feel threatened. That's a stupid cultural thing. Many guys are stupid.

The good thing is...I think guys are going to want to die for you...really!

Tall is good.

• Being tall is not unattractive at all. The only thing it can be (to the majority of guys, including me) is threatening. I'm 6'1" and I could never imagine dating a girl taller than me. This may sound anti-women, but having the girl taller than the guy is like castrating the guy (in my opinion). I won't lie, I want to be the taller one, to feel dominant (like many other guys). It's just a male ego thing. We can't control it.

• im 5'9 and I'd totally date u, his lost if he wants to be immature about how tall you are, ur a keeper in my book

• I agree with some of the other guys comments... He's just joking around.

I'm 6'3" and my past 3 girlfriends have all been up around the 5'10"-6' mark. I think subconsciously guys as tall as us find tall girls more attractive.

• Really? hmm..... why do you think that?

• I guess more compatible in certain ways. I'm sure there are psychological reasons too... but I don't go in for that freudian stuff. Also helps not to get a sore neck too!

• Haha, that's always a good thing

• Long chick is LOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong

• No, it isn't. In fact, in most cases, it's the opposite. I'm only about average height, yet the idea of going out with someone the same size/an eensy bit taller is thought of. Be proud of your height and flaunt it in a good way! :)

• of course not! he was just joking around, and when he couldn't find any other negative qualities about you from looking at you, he decided to use your height. trust me. I'm 5'1" its MUCH MUCH worse for me. cause at least he's taller than you. and not to be creepy or anything, but your picture doesn't exactly depict unattractiveness.

• Haha is that really what he was thinking? and thanks, its not creepy :)

• Oh justt curious, I had a few freinds who have summer bf's just because they don't wanna be alone or not have a boyfriend at any one time. I think they have issues with being alone

• Oh lol, no.....i totally don't have that problem! I've never actually had a boyfriend :( I do have friends like that too, but they don't have summer ones they have like constant ones!!!

What Girls Said 15

• I know a lot of guys who love tall girls. Hell, a few of my ex-boyfriends let me know that they liked it when I was a bit taller (like in heels). And models are pretty tall, so there must be some aesthetic benefit. I wouldn't worry about it. Yeah, a guy much shorter than you might not like it, but I think those taller than you would find it a plus.

• wow...your lucky..i wish I was tall like you!
    honey! your model status...! maybe he does feel uncomfortable...
    but I'm pretty sure he doesn't care..its a guy thing, ya know?

• i'm not 6 feet (im 5"8') but I have always liked being tall, guys like tall girls because of their long legs, but if the guy isn't at least 3 inches taller than you they might feel a little over powered... but hey tall guys are extremely attractive XD

be proud of your height, not a lot of people have it, plus I think I should officially welcome you to the word of girls who would make great models haha :)

• Yea, I totally agree, tall guys are the best! yeah, we should start a model potential club!

• Yeah why not XD lol

• lmao I'm 5 11ish and I was the tallest person in my school last year. . . I got called ostrich (long neck) giraff and tree (post doesn't count because that's my bball position) stand tall and be proud of it! I wouldn't trade my height for anything! and I laugh at the midgets. . . arm rests lol (oh and I'm 15) I've had my shorter friends ask me to look for some1 in a crowd for them because I was the only one that was tall enough to see above other people! and I'm usually the leader when my parents and I are in a huge crown (like a NASCAR race) because I can see everything! ^^ yay me! and little kids would ask for piggy back rides from me at my old school. . . which I found absolutely hilarious! they asked me how the weather was up there and I asked how it was down there. . . I'm the one who retrieves little kids' balloons when they let go and it rises to the ceiling. . . I'm the gentle giant. . . ^^

• I know what you talk. I was over 6' tall at 16. Now I'm 6'5". My biggest problem at your age was to found teenage clothes. But now I'm a women, I'm very proud of my height and I deal with. You know why ? I CAN'T CHANGE IT. So the guys must understand that. You can't change that. 99% of the guys on that planet love tall girl, love our long legs. If that guys don't accept to be shorter than you, you will have to found a 6'3" guys, because the day you will go out and wear you sexy stiletto shoes, you will be at least 6'2" maybe 3. Never forget theses 2 thinks, guys love tall women, tall women are sexy and also you can change nothing, you and he have to deal with your sexy height. Kiss Gina

• Most girls would probablly kill to grow an inch or two... you need to forget about what he thinks because it is pointless thinking about it.

my ex boyfriend was 6 ft 4, he mite have gotten taller... we were both 16 when we went out... I'm sure he has gotten taller... and I remember he was kind of weird about the whole height thing.

well aneway... don't worry because there are tall guys out there... and you dnt need to care about all of them.

i am 5 ft 6 and I have a lot of guy friends that are my height... I don't find them attractive... because society makes us think that the guy has to be taller than the girl.. and usually they do...

although I can tall you that you are lucky to be tall because all the short guys can't hit on you.. ( same with me)

good luck with everything !

• he might be just flirting with you.

guys always poke fun at small girls height to flirt so maybe he's doing the same with you.

some guys care if a girl is nearly as tall but that's their insecurities.

i'm tall (5"10') andi think it's real attractive when a guy the same height or shorter than me approaches me, it shows he not insecure about size.

• Same!!!! it sucks when short guys are insecure!

• heyy I'm 5'10" and I'm super proud! altho I'm the tallest in my class and I hardly find other tall girls ... I'm feelin kool and unique... and I must confess that a lot of times I feel a bit inferior and I might want to be few inches shorter , but anyways they just go away and I feel ok again ... the only diasdvantage is that we might feel a bit unconfortable sometimes , like wearing heels and stuff ..anyways enjoy!

• I'm about 3 inches shorter than you so I'm still pretty tall and I know how you feel, but from the sound of it he was definitely flirting with you.

• what a loser. he sounds too insecure to look shorter in comparison or something. Being tall is great. you have a great face too! so you could model if you wanted to! don't worry about this guy

• I'm 6'1 and 17 ;) I feel your pain, I find it attracts a lot of attention but more :O faces than ;) hahaha, I love being tall though, and f*** them if they dont

• Being tall is a great thing!
    I'm on the short side and have been mocked for it.
    First of all, guys a jerk for making fun of your height!
    Be confident and proud of your height!
    I'd rather be your 6 ft than my 5'3

• I'm 5'9 and I always hated being tall in middle and high school... but now that I'm in college I love it. guys like tall girls (we have long legs) be proud of your height ok!

• You look like an Eastern European model. He does not think you're unattractive. He might be insecure about HIS height if anything.

• Well I am no where near as tall as you (I'm 5"8) bu I always felt uncomfortable with my height. I feel like some girls can work it. You look beautiful so I wouldn't worry about being tall.