I don't understand WHY he likes me?

Hi, so there's this guy who I've known for a few months, who is completely obsessed with me. He is EXTREMELY attractive, kind, has an incredible body, ect. He always tells me how he wants to be with me so bad, and how attracted he is to me. He isn't a player, either. He's only had one girlfriend in his life, and rarely approaches girls.

I don't understand why he likes me though. Like, I guess I'm average looking, maybe a bit above it. I'm sorta chubby, too. I just don't understand why someone so attractive would be interested in me... It's not even like my personality is much different than the typical teenager. I just don't really understand why he likes me so much.

This sometimes makes me think he could be desperate, but then I realize he could have ANY girl he wanted.. I also sometimes feel like he is only showing interest in me because he's afraid of rejection.. I'm just so confused...

He also asked me out this weekend, and I said yes but now I'm scared since he's a 10/10 and I'm like a 7/10. I don't want him to look a million times better than me! And I'm afreaid if people talk about how he could do SO much better than me.

I'm just so confused.. If he stupid for liking me? Anyone have any advice? :(

btw I'm 16 and he's 15.

Most Helpful Girl

• "If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price." ~Author Unknown

Hun, stop rating yourself out of 10, and stop rating him. If you like him, then just go with the flow. He obviously likes you. Don't question why -- it'll drive you crazy and potentially drive him away. Just accept it and enjoy it. You might think he's more attractive, or more popular or whatever else, but he's still human and isn't any better than you. He's not a god -- he's just a guy who likes you. Work on your self-esteem and don't let your worries get between you and an awesome guy.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I sort of know where you're coming from. My boyfriend is totally the opposite of who I ever saw myself with. Plays hockey, baseball, basketball, anything and everything. You can tell he obviously works out, he's pre-med, and he's very very cute, He's very straightfoward about how he feels. I always considered myself like one of the "loners" and not the prettiest girl. Definitely not the type of girls he's usually with, so I was so suprised too when he asked me out. I thought the same stuff. He could have anyone he wanted, so why me? We've been together almost 2 years now and not once has he ever made me feel like I wasn't important and he always makes me feel like I'm the prettiest girl to him.

Sometimes you just have to give it a chance. You'd be suprised what can happen. You two could be really good together. Everyone has something about them that makes them special to others even if you can't see it yet. He sounds like he really does like you. Don't doubt yourself :)

• talk

• ask