Is being short for a guy really unattractive?

I mean does that make the guy ugly? Is that the equivalent of being a fat chick? I go to club's or other places and I only see tall guys dancing with the girls or walking with the girls, I rarely see a short guy with any girl at all. I am 5'6 by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• No.

Tall and short guys can be equally attractive.

I'm 5'3", my boyfriend is 5'6", and we love each other and we're happy together, and I do not know WHO decided that being short means you're at some kind of disadvantage when it comes to dating or whatever.

What Girls Said 8

• No, being short does not make you ugly. I know a guy who is 5'4" and is one of the most attractive people I have ever met. Don't stress out about it. Despite what guys seem to think, there are PLENTY of girls out there for whom height is not a deal breaker, and even some (like myself) who PREFER short guys.

• No it doesn't make someone unattractive. I'm attracted to guys taller than me but I'd date someone shorter if he had an amazing personality although I admit I'd feel really awkward about it at first. So it is what it is... I'm 5'6 1/2 or maybe 5'7 now...btw.

• For me size does not matter to me- about ANYTHING. I actaully have a crush on a guy who used to be smaller than me (I'm only 5'1).He is taller now, but that didn't make me more or less attracted to him. It's all about inner beauty. 5'6 really isn't that short to me.

• I don't think being short makes a guy ugly at all, but I prefer to date men who are my height (5'7") or taller. It's just less awkward that way. I would of course make an exception for someone who I completely connected with on every other aspect, though. For example, I dated a guy who was 4'11" when I was 16 and 5'6" at the time.

• not neccassarily. if he's a whole head shorter than me, I won't lie, it's unattractive. but if it's only a few inches, I honestly don't mind. it's not my preference, but if I really like him, the height doesn't matter.

• I don't consider 5'6 short.

• Truth: yes it is unattractive.

• Sorry, but for me it is, anyone under 5' 3" I will not date.

What Guys Said 4

• It doesn't make a guy ugly, but when you're short AND ugly like me, it makes matters worse.

But who says being a fat chick is bad? It's REALLY hot.

I'm 5'1" and I'm not from your neighbourhood. That's why you don't see me.

• No. My mate is short, he's 17 and on his 10th Girlfriend

• I'm 5' 9 and I feel short man. There's always a taller guy :/

• Who told you 5'6" is considered short ?